Back to the Beginning

• Sadly, I was once an active member on this site and with the help of some very supportive people, I lost 70 pounds. I gained a little bit back, got pregnant, got divorced, moved across the country, moved across the country again, did a year of stressful competitive courses at the university I went to when I was much younger, and am now reaping what I sowed. I not only gained the weight I lost back, but added another 35 pounds to it. It's done. I've said it, and have outed myself. I'm through with the lose/gain cycle. I'm back and am not giving up until I hit my goal. Then I will maintain it and not fall back into bad habits.

Today is my first day of eating healthy, exercising, drinking enough water (and less soda) and taking a multivitamin. I will take it one day at a time and not beat myself up if the process isn't as fast as I'd like it to be. I've done this before and succeeded and I can do it again.

Thanks for reading if you got this far.

Cat
  • Cat, it sounds like you've been through a lot and have persevered through it all! Welcome to day one!
  • Cat, as you know from being here before, you're not alone in facing this challenge for a second time. Congratulations on getting through some really challenging times AND finding the inner strength to get back on track with your eating and weight. It's hard, but you've come to the right place for support and commiseration. Good luck!
  • Welcome back! It takes a lot of courage and soul searching to come back and take that first step. How do I know this? I've been in your shoes. So have a lot of us here, and many have had that 2nd round of success. I am confident that you will, too.
  • Welcome back. I think lots of us are re-losing weight we've lost before--this is my first round on 3FC, but I know what it's like to cycle.

You can do this--we'll all cheer for each other!
  • Welcome back! You have a great, positive attitude, & I totally support taking it one day at a time. That concept has helped me feel not so overwhelmed with all of this weight loss stuff
  • Welcome back! We know you can do this, we have faith in you!