Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 12:54 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#345

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 06-06-2003, 01:02 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

WOW! Hi Everyone! I got here just in time to start the new thread! I won't even tell you how far back I had to go to find the last time so I could just copy/paste!

I'm so wrapped up right now it is overwhelming. I don't know if any of you have ever run for an office, but my gosh, you are going day and night and night and day.

I've been up until 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning for this past week and then up in the morning at the regular time. My candle is burning at three ends and there were only two ends to start with.

I can't stay right now. I'm busy faxing a piece of campaign literature to evey fax number in my school district buildings so I can't type and do that too.

Please know that I love you guys and care about you and hope to be more back to normal after Monday.

P.S. Honey has a line on another job, so please cross your fingers for him once again.

"The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit." - Nelson Henderson
Old 06-06-2003, 05:57 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Hey Thin - Glad to see you stopping by - thanks for starting the new thread. Boy, you have been a tad busy lately! Good luck with everything!

Is anyone else lurking around today? I'm done with work and trying to figure out what to do now. Thinking about a quick walk with the dogs, but I'm trying to find out what hubby has planned for the evening - I guess I could take my cell phone with me --- that's a plan...I'm off to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Catch ya later!
Barb
Old 06-06-2003, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Not much time since my computer locked up and its taken forever to reboot. Everything is running slow tonight.

I got in another 30 minutes bike ride this afternoon. I'll probably have to walk the dog tonight as well. Tomorrow is WI so I'm wanting it to be good - I have done so well with exercise. I need to drink more water tonight.

I had DH take a couple of pics of me with the digital. They aren't the best, or maybe I just don't like what I see, but I uploaded one. I'm liking being able to put pics up there so this is a start. I'll have him take some with my bike.

Got to run. Have a great OP Friday evening!

Old 06-06-2003, 08:37 PM   #5  

Default TGIF!!!

Hey ladies!!

It's FRIIIIIIIDAY

Not much going on with me; food is doing ok, but I am going to splurge a little tonight - ladies here at work brought lasagna and all the fixins and I looooove lasagna.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:49 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Hey chicks...

Traffic is really slow around here lately. But I'm sure that means everyone is out there, exercisng and preparing wholesome, healthy meals and being good to their bodies! Right? I thought so...

Yesterday was the first sunny, warm day in I don't know how long. I had worked Thursday night, so I had to get some sleep, but kept putting it off. Finally, I lied down around 11:00, dragged myself out of bed around 4...with so much that i wanted to do, starting with cutting the grass...but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...we had my nephew's 8th grade graduation Mass last night.
SOOOOOOO LLOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGG......

Guess what? Today it's raining again.

Food has been going great. Exercise...not as great, but since I'm off all weekend, I intend to get a lot in...rain or shine. Dh bought my son a new bike yesterday...he had kind of outgrown the old one. I told him that his project for today should be to check our bikes, fill up the tires, oil the chains and we're all gonna hit the bike trail later. I love to ride my bike too, Terri! BTW, thanks for sharing your pictures! You're a cutie! And your "little" dog, too!

Thin...good luck to you AND to hubby! Fingers are crossed for both!

Tina...I'm glad you popped in...you are in need of some days off, girl! Some "Tony time" wouldn't hurt, I'm sure!

I wanted to stay a reply to everyone, but I have s sniffling, sneezing, coughing, miserable daughter in need of some "mommy care." I doesn't matter that she's 17...she still needs her Mom...sometimes

I'll be back...
Old 06-07-2003, 01:52 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gals!
Like Kat said, it's another lovely, rainy day here. Yippee! Ugh! Hubby woke up this morning and declared that he wanted to go to a breakfast buffet --- what did I do? Well, not what I should have done --- I went and didn't use much will power! Well, it's over and done with and I am just going to do a little longer workout today. After that we ran some errands in the rain. Now we are going to spend the rest of the day bumming around the house. It's good movie watching and napping weather!

Terri - Thanks for sharing your picture - Looking Good!

I hope everyone is having a super day! Talk to you later!
Barb
Old 06-07-2003, 03:12 PM   #8  

Talking I'm BAAAAACK

Did you all miss me?

Anyway, I have been busy with summer auditions, it's been raining buckets here more often than not, and the first of the month is always a zoo around here anyway In between all that, there is shopping, cleaning, vet appointments, dentist appointments, 30 minute workouts, and.....

yes, I am in love

His name is Brian and it is one of those online communications thingies...we also have each other's phone numbers and he is trying to get to Pittsburgh next weekend.

Oh, yes....and there is a 17-year age difference: me being the elder HEY...I figure if it works for Demi Moore, I am not going to complain...LOL!

So now, I have yet another reason to watch my food.....
Old 06-07-2003, 04:14 PM   #9  

The day started out really sunny and nice here, but, I think Kat and Barb have sent the rain my way. you little buggers. At least I got the lawn mowed. The mosqutios are awful thick this year. Has anyone else noticed?

I am on plan still since Tuesday, so I think I have climbed up in my seat and decided to ride this wagon for a while again!!! I still have to add the exercise part back in.

Tina: It was nice seeing you posting again, I have missed you.

Kat & Terri: you all are making me want to ride a bike. HUmmmm, I wonder???? I havn't been on a real bike for OMG probably 15 years or more. Wow how time flies.

Lori: You sound busy like all of us. Good luck in your ventures.

Thin: Hope all goes well with the election, my fingers are crossed for you.

Hugs to all,
Old 06-07-2003, 07:06 PM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Hey everyone!

Well, I am finally off. (and no, I don't mean "off my rocker") Of course, then again....maybe that too.

My new schedule officially started today. I'm off on Sunday and Monday and will be working Tuesday thru Saturday. I hate working on Saturdays, but I was given a choice of either Fri & Sat or Sun & Mon, and you guys know me and the racing thing, not to mention, I do like to go to church, so I think that was the best thing for me. Plus, Mondays can be kinda hectic, so I'm happy with my choice.

Now, onto my news...... I'm in love too. WITH MY HUSBAND! You sillies! He was best man in his friend's wedding today and he stopped up by work so I could see him in the tux before he took it back. Oh my God! When he walked through that door in that tux, with those shiny shoes and white rose on the lapel....my eyes actually started watering. I wanted to sop him up with a biscuit.

Don't worry though.....we took some pictures and I'm going to post them for you. Maybe they might even make Lucky come out of hiding.

Sandy: I've missed you too. Hope you're doing ok. I know what you mean about the rain. It was nice this morning, and then the skies opened up and poured. It's nice now though....lovely blue clouds. Mosquitoes are DEFINITELY worse this year. I hate those suckers.

Lori: I've been AWOL of sorts myself, but we always miss anyone when they don't post for awhile. Sounds like you're really busy and really happy.

Barb: Man! Those breakfast buffets are the worst! I always try to do well. You know, I go in with good intentions..... I think, "I'll eat some cereal with skim milk, fresh fruit and maybe some cottage cheese." BUT, what do I end up eating? Scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes, chicken tenders, blueberry muffins.....oops. I'm getting hungry.

Kat: Sounds like your really doing well, girl! I'm very proud of you. I'm taking a page out of 2cute's book. I'm not allowing two days to go by without exercise. That's working for me and I feel like it's a real good plan. I'm getting geared up to go back to WW on Monday. Keep your fingers

Connie: I like lasagna too, but it doesn't like me! In case I haven't asked you before, what part of Tennessee are you from? We may be close!

Terri: I'm gonna post your picture for you if you don't mind:

What you do to post them, is this: You know when you're in your photo album on picturetrail and the little pictures are along the side? Well, when you click on it, it shows you the picture bigger, right? Well....when the bigger picture comes up, right click on it and then click on "properties". The next box that comes up will have the "URL address" of that particular picture. Copy that address and that is what you paste in the image box when you want to post it here. Hope that helps.

Thin: We know that you're busy and probably running crazy right now....but we also know that you're always here with us in spirit. We miss you....but also know that you have things you have to take care of. We love you and eagerly await your return. I'll also keep fingers crossed for hubby.

To everyone else.....AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.... I love you and eagerly await your return as well.

I'm going to go for now and give my granny a call. Her dog passed away today and she is a mess. She's had her for almost 10 years and she had cancer. I know...some might say, "It's just a dog." But to her, she was almost like one of her children. Not even that it has anything to do with age....but when you get older, and your children are gone, I think you put some of that love into your pets and she sure did love her. I think we will be giving her one of our kittens. I know that will not take her dog's place, but will maybe keep her mind occupied somewhat.

Have a great evening and you'll probably be seeing more than you want of me in the next two days!

Last edited by QueenB; 06-07-2003 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Howdy!

Turned into gloomy Saturday! We spent most of the day over with MIL moving some of her furniture that she can't take with her. We're getting a brand new kitchen hutch (they bought it two weeks before SFIL passed away) and a small sofa. We have it in the back of the truck trying to figure out where to put it as we really didn't have room for it. Since it was brand new and it wasn't cheap, I just hated to let her give it away to someone she doesn't know. I also brought home her pie dishes that she's had for years so that maybe I can return the pie favors. She'll get her remaining furniture moved on Thursday so she'll finally get settled this week.

I did go to WI this morning. Down 4 pounds since two weeks ago! That makes up for the 2 pounds I gained then and lost two of their buddies!! Woohoo! That makes me down a whopping 11.2 for 2003. I was sharing with the leader, that for me to really make progress, I have to do at least 60 minutes of cardio a day. But while it is very irksome to have to do that, its also very beneficial because of the good it does for my heart & lungs.

After WI, I've let myself be a little lax and will tomorrow as well. Then its back on full force on Monday for WI again in two weeks. I'll also be back to work on Monday so that will help with getting back to my routine.

Kat - I prefer riding the bike trails over the neighborhood and my goal is to feel I built enough stamina to make it worth the drive over to the nearest trail. My ultimate goal is to be able to ride two hours on our Katy Trail that runs across most of the state of Missouri (rails to trails park). My dream would be to ride it from start to finish over the course of 4 days. I confess that I 'm always a little nervous of take-off and landing because I clip my feet onto the pedals - don't want to crash and burn in the drive-way in front of the neighbors. Hope you made it out for some great exercise.

Barb - Those buffets are from the ! I never do the right thing either. I love biscuits, gravy, fried potatoes, link sausage too much to pass it by if its in front of my face. Good plan with the extra exercise. Just try to cut back on points for a couple of days and you should be okay.

Lori - Welcome back. Congratulations for ! How did you meet him online? I have to confess that I met DH through the personal ads six years ago and we knew right away that we were supposed to be together. Things like this can work out. Enjoy the !

Sandy - Good job on staying OP with the food. Keep your focus and you'll get back on track with the exercise too. No skeeters here yet. I had not ridden a bike in over 20 when I finally got back on. Used to ride it in the dark so no one would see me until I was sure I wouldn't kill myself.

Thin - Good to see you again too. Good luck with the campaign! Knock their socks off! We'll see you when its over and you've recovered. Take care of yourself too!

Tina - Thanks for posting the pic. I'm not sure what I do wrong because I copy the URL (but haven't gotten it from the properties) and then paste it in the Image box. If the sun is shining, I'll get DH to take one of me and either the dog or the bike and try again. What do you do at your job? Sounds very stressful. Reading about your DH made me smile! How sweet! Did you make it back to WW yet? Sorry to see about your grandma's dog. Amazing how much we love the little furry beasts isn't it?

I read this passage in a book I'm reading (its an Oprah book "While I Was Gone" by Sue Miller) - this is about the animals she cares for as a vet. "I was taken up by them and their life and energy, by what they needed and asked of me. I let go of everything difficult or complex in my life". Isn't that what pets do for us - give us release from unpleasantness of life? Pets love us unconditionally. My heart goes out to her.

Connie - How was the lasagna? Delicious I hope!

Howdy to everyone else!

I better post this before I lose it. I hope I haven't missed too many people. Have a great Saturday evening and Sunday!
Old 06-07-2003, 08:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Angry It's raining

Hi Friends
It's been a very dry spring here in Arizona but the monsoon's seem to be here early. For us it's a GOOD thing, as we don't want anymore wildfires like last summer.
I just wanted to check on you all and see how you are doing. Everyone sounds well.
As for me not so good, the week after graduation I got sick with a sinus infection, then last weekend I got food poisening. I am still feeling the effects of this especially the stomach cramps and trips to the restroom. Sorry you had to hear that.
I have'nt been back to my TOPS group meeting due to this illness, but hopefully with the less eating and little bit of walking I'll have some pounds lost. I am not letting myself get dehydrated either no matter how much it hurts (stomach)
I wanted to share my picture with you all, sorry it's not of good quality but it's all I have for now.
http://www.geocities.com/joe_anne2/2003Graduate.html

You all have a great weekend and I'll see you lighter.

Last edited by joe anne; 06-07-2003 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:09 AM   #13  

Hi everyone.

I am a former 3FC fanatic who has fallen off the wagon right into the sauce (or fried chicken or whatever else I can get my fingers onto!)

I am in dire need of encouragement. I joined WW in 1999 weighing in at 414, spurred on by my diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes. Typically & unfortunately, once I felt better, and was able to go off the meds, I found myself creeping back up on the scale.

I rejoined January 2002 with a friend from work. I weighed in at 371. UGH! But I was gung-ho for months, going down to 328. I had consistent weight losses the whole time but the WI after the 328 I had a gain. This was followed by another and another. Needless to say, I was back up to 345 and no signs of stopping. I did what I'm best at - quit. I never went back when my prepays were up December 31.

Here I am, 6 months later, feeling horrible, over 350 again (my scale of course only goes that high.) I know by the way my clothes fit that I'm lucky if it's under 360. I'm depressed. I'm seriously thinking surgery because I absolutely cannot control my eating. I'm (as my signature indicates) spiraling out of control and no signs of stopping. My doctor says I'm a prime candidate but I have an 8-year old son and not sure if the risks are worth it. Comments on this would be appreciated too. Of course, the way I am now I'm going to die young anyway. I just can't deal with this anymore.

I turned to the boards before and met many great people out there who have been where I am now. I need you guys more than ever.

Thanks so much and I will try to be here to join the discussions as much as possible. I am involved with many different things like church, etc but am considering stepping down from most of these. I need time for me but I'm battling the guilt (lack of better words) of letting these people down.

Kay
Old 06-08-2003, 01:35 AM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hit those damn 'F' keys again and lost my post. Can't redo it now.

JoeAnne: Good to see you again. Congrats on the degree.

Kay: Welcome aboard! I did post more, but can't recreate right now. Hope you'll be back often.

Love to everyone else. See you soon.

"Live today, forget the past." - Greek Proverb
Old 06-08-2003, 01:52 AM   #15  

Default Re: Howdy!

Quote:
Originally posted by determined to succeed

Lori - Welcome back. Congratulations for ! How did you meet him online? I have to confess that I met DH through the personal ads six years ago and we knew right away that we were supposed to be together. Things like this can work out. Enjoy the !

Would you all believe that he saw my website and contacted ME? I guess my weight loss efforts must be showing, or it is the blonde fluff, but outside of industry people, no one like that ever emailed me that didn't ask for advice...just a "pen pal" of sorts (hey, it is the 21st century )

NOW...this guy, he turned 24 on May 29th, thinks he is a DORK! Now, take a look at this pic and see for yourselves. Maybe it is the 5'8 thing of his, who knows...but he's far from a dork as I am concerned!
Closed Thread