It's all worth it!

• I spent last week in Michigan. We took the grandchildren on a canoe trip down the Huron river, visited friends who have a lake cottage and had a picnic at a local park where my 7yo grandson passed the test for swimming in the deep end. [/bragging].

It was way too cold for this desert rat to go in any water [shiver], but I was able to get in and out of the canoe, fasten my seat belt on the plane, schlepp myself and my bag some distance in the airport, get my bag in the overhead by myself, get in and out of my son's Subaru sports car - this was probably the hardest, LOL, totally without embarrassing myself or getting hurt or being out of breath. MY son is into good eating and fitness, but I was able to keep up with him just walking around.

So, I am full of myself. You all keep up the good work and thanks for all the encouragement.

• That's wonderful!! What a nice time with family and how great that you could see just how much of a difference all of your hard work has created!
  • That is awesome! It's great to see concrete ways in which your hard work has changed what you can do!
  • Quote:
    So, I am full of myself.
    You are so not full of yourself!! You worked your tail off to get where you are, now you are just reaping the benefits!!!

Sounds like a great vacation, glad to have you back! And congrats to your grandson in the deep end, so cute!!
  • What a wonderful post; I'm so happy for you!! It is all so worth it...

• What a great vacation you had -- time with the family AND lots of NSV that you could notice along the way. My grand told me that it was so much more fun doing things now that I could walk with him -- that alone will help keep me going!
  • Kudos to you!!!!

I am glad you posted this, it helps remind everyone to keep going when they are having a bad day!
  • Thanks!
  • Glad you had a good time! You told me your son is in the same area as me, so I know the river you canoed down! I love doing that, it's so much fun. A lot of people are pretty health conscious here, it makes it easier to have a good time without worrying too much about going off plan.
  • It sounds like you had a fantastic time! Good for you for making choices that have made you fitter and healthier! You are an inspiration
  • GailR, at 156, you are well past being able to fasten your seatbelt and schlep bags--you should be binge shopping @ EMS! ;-) Nice, and congrats!!
  • That's wonderful! Totally worth it. Kudos.
  • Binge shopping! LOL. Every time I want to eat junk, buy something at Amazon. Pretty soon I wouldn't be able to afford any food at all.
  • Quote: So, I am full of myself. .
    You're awesome. Well done!

I love the kitties in your avatar, too cute.