Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #16  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

1. Reading absolutely everything I can find about diet, nutrition and exercise. I've educated myself a bit about these things, and can go off on tangents and end up thinking I need to do EVERYTHING perfectly right away... Which busts my head, I forget to be mindful about how I'm eating/exercising, and throw myself onto a plateau. To satisfy my need for information, I'm going to focus on learning about one thing at a time (right now it's... I haven't decided yet! ) and experiment with that one thing until it all fits, then move on.

2. Unnecessary stress. I've had a rough few years, and stress has become a bit of a deeply ingrained habit. When I'm stressed, I become depressed. Which is bad enough, but then I add in self-sabotage. I want to do my best to pick my battles, get through stressful situations as quickly and easily as possible, and move on. And let the rest slide. I have to constantly remind myself that I'm actually happy and I love my life. It's like CBT, really. I like my circumstances (mostly), I just need to keep reminding my brain it's not 1, 2, 3, 4 years ago... Things are different now, and I have to actually re-learn how to be happy, because I'm so completely out of the habit of it.

3. Sleep! Damn insomnia. I work bar shifts as well, so it's often getting light when I get in from work. I'm a night owl but that still feels weird. I'm hoping this will get easier to manage as I bring the stress down and learn to relax

4. Still sitting on my a** too much. When I walk every day I lose weight. I have the diet part quite well organised. But for some reason I keep un-prioritising it. I have to remind myself that being organised enough to be up in time to walk to work means I can add this into my day with the minimum of mental effort. And there's so many exercises I'd love to do, and I'd love to join a gym... But if I can't form the habit of getting out the door every day, I can't make the habit of walking to and from the gym! I seriously need to re-attempt formation of this habit.

So, everything I want to change is residual cr*p I still do that doesn't benefit me in any way. You can forget about me quitting coffee, diet Pepsi, tea, caffeine, booze, and cake! I actually LIKE those habits

I just need to keep it in my mind that changing these things can only HELP - there's no drawback for me except the initial exertion it takes to re-form the habits. Too good a deal to pass up!

Thanks for starting this thread, Freelance It really helped me to re-focus
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #17  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

Hmmm ... trick question? All the "bad" habits I have I don't want to stop.
Me too!

I think the only one I'd like to change is being more consistent with exercise. I'll go through chunks of months where I do it 6 days a week, then chunks where I don't at all.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #18  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I want to quit a few things!

*Negative thoughts overtaking positive ones about myself!
*Nibbling
*The way I deal with stress, there are more effective ways
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #19  

1. wanting to use food as a crutch to get me through the day.

2. looking to candy as something that will fill me up and easily eaten on the run.

3. quitting too early on exercise.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #20  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Definitely nibbling. I am usually good about logging these and do it worlds less than I did even a year or two ago. But I nibble more than I want.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #21  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Wink

Staying up too late. I started doing it years ago when I couldn't sleep. Messes with my sleep cycle, then I can't go to sleep at a proper time for nights in a row. Then I overeat in order to stay awake. Bad habit, leads to a cascade failure of my objectives.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #22  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

1. Using food for emotional comfort (a big one for me!)
2. Going along with #1, overeating significantly at family meals to avoid conversation or boredom. I tend to eat quite quickly, but family meals normally involve being required to sit idly on a hard bench for 1-2 hours while people yell at each other. That leaves nearly 1-2 hours of absolutely nothing to do but eat while feeling emotionally vulnerable.
3. Giving up on exercise because things don't go the way I plan (e.g. treadmill isn't working, it's raining, I can't find my shoes, none of my workout pants are clean, there are no towels I can take with me swimming, someone borrowed my bike helmet and didn't return it...there's almost always something)
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
Nibbling. I do a lot of extra nibbling during the day: a spoonful here, a sliver there... It's one thing if I'm eating veggies, but I've been known to nibble a muffin's worth of batter while preparing muffins.
Freelance
Nibbling is understandable. What is NOT understandable is finding myself nibbling on stuff I don't care for, such as DH's sugar-free candy! If I don't like it, what are these empty wrappers doing in MY jeans pockets????? It's like my mouth has a life of its own. Anyone else do this?
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I was gonna STOP MY NIGHTTIME SNACKING tonight. But now it's 6:40 and I just finished my dinner and entered my stats into my tracker and I just don't have enough calories to call it a day. I'm kinda bummed bc I was really gonna do this today. OTOH, there is that little piece of me that is greatly relieved.

Anyway, for like my whole life I was a bad nighttime snacker and then a couple of years ago I broke myself of it and I was so pleased that it was FUN for me to get through a night without a snack. Like, I looked forward to night time and tv watching and such bc I felt so great about being able to do it. lol And then I let it sneak back in. I do feel now like at least, if I manage things a little better than today, it is within my control.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 320/150/140

Height: 5'5

1. stop fixating so much on food ! i dont cheat on my diet ever..but i find myself constantly fixating on when my next meal is, what i am going to make, ect.

2. Biting my nails. its a really gross habit and one i cant seem to break.

thats about all i can think of really. i'm sure there are more but its late.
Tibbits2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'5"

Overeating on the weekend is one of the many bad habits I had that will not go away. I eat at home mostly during the week so on the weekends I allow myself to go out to eat and I just can't seem to stop, even when I'm full. I eat until it feels as if my tummy is going to explode, and it hurts to get up from the table. I will do better starting today!
ShaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Hmmm ... trick question? All the "bad" habits I have I don't want to stop.
I've got a few of those, too. I can find no earthly reason to stop drinking high-quality coffee, wine (a cup a day), or eating my "good" carbs.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #28  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Grabbing that unnecessary meal replacement bar/other very easily available food when I'm feeling instantly down. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still a bad habit I want gone.

Feeling the need to eat something when I watch tv-shows or movies.

Planning what to eat when I finally get some alone time when I don't even need to eat something.

Finishing tasty meals even though I'm full before it's gone...
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

1. Mindless eating
2. Emotional eating
3. Eating when not hungry
4. Constantly thinking about food
5. My constant desire for junk food

Whew... Thats feels good to get that all out in writing and really take a look at it, wow!

Last edited by Happymomof2; 06-02-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #30  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
June shall be the month that I banish the habit of furtively snacking when I find myself alone.
This. I have lived alone my entire adult life, including when I lost the weight so I obviously don't need someone to watch me to control myself. Yet since my beau and I have been together (2.5 years now), somehow "alone time" has become "eat junky food in amounts I did when I was fat".
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote