Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #106  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Saturday Morning,

Wow, life here just wouldn't be normal without drama (I love being a mom ). Painting stairs is a lot harder than I thought, not because they're out of reach or hard to paint, but because people (and dogs) have feet. It's going so slow and now it's the weekend when there's more feet. I get the steps done and have to sit around while they dry, so I've gotten a lot of writing in...finally. Also this week I put in exercise (formal). I walked on Thursday and biked on Friday. Not sure what I'll do today.

I'm itching for a wig now that I am back to less than 1/2 inch black hair, but wigs were my treats for reaching my goal. But I just feel like I've been working really hard at this and not cheating, but my body has other ideas...this can't be punishable or it shouldn't be. I have issues, right? Auto immune diseases suck, but I don't want to lose motivation I think a wig would make me feel "pretty" so I think I should get one...LOL, I'll ask if DH would like to go wig hunting, it's always fun to watch me try them on...no, it is, I swear, I wouldn't lie

Okay, I'm off for the day. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay healthy.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #107  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Chrono - I think they have a different name, maybe bavarian (I think those are cream though).

Diana - Ended up around 1700. Did a lot of running around yesterday, so it probably evened out.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #108  
Starting Over Again

Yesterday's Calories: 1686
Today's Weight: 173.8

B - Butter Pecan Ensure & Pistachios
S - Donut
L - Healthy Choice Grilled Chicken Pesto & Light Yogurt
S - Donut
D - Stuffed Mushroom Caps
S - Wheat Baguette & Provolone

Last edited by Psychic; 06-08-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #109  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Psychic - Bavarian...hmm, sounds familiar. Might be similar to Boston Cream (the ONLY type of donuts I used to actually like. They were delicious.)

My eating was a little bit out of control today because of high school graduation today and not being home all day. I don't know how many calories exactly, but I calculated an estimate and I think I still ate at or close to maintenance. Potato chips and just a little too much chicken salad were my vice.
Exercise: I've got a mild case of shin splints and decided running was a bad idea today, but I got in a good hour-long bike ride.

Off to a small family party at my grandparents'. Planning on turning down food and drinking tea instead (I don't normally eat this late anyway).

Last edited by Chronostasis; 06-08-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #110  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

This is where we went today. http://bohicket.com/ They were having a big fishing tournament. We know some people who were fishing the tournament and DH wanted to see the weigh in. He was invited to go off shore and fish one of the tournaments a couple weeks ago. He couldn't go because of working at the farm. It's a beautiful area. We had a great time today. I wore one of my new outfits that I bought last month. It was a multicolored purple, turquoise, and white top with purple capris and my white sandals with the flowers. Then we went to eat at a restaurant called The Fat Hen. http://www.thefathen.com/ They use local ingredients. We have heard nothing but good reviews about this place and wanted to give it a try. The meals are not large like you get at chain restaurants. They have a meal there called Skinny Chicken of the Day. It varies depending on ingredients available. I ordered that since they have WONDERFUL fresh baked rustic bread. :yummy: I wanted to have a piece of that, so I needed to eat a light meal. The meal was awesome! Mine was a grilled chicken breast with a poblano/ham aioli. The chicken was on a bed of braised veggies. The chicken was smoke grilled so it had a lot of flavor. The meal did not taste skinny at all. I could tell, based on my knowledge of food calories, etc, that was a lower calorie meal, though.

The sport fishing boat that our friend was on has 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen, laundry room, etc. Man, I could live nicely on that thing. I couldn't find a picture of that boat, but the Showtime came in next to us: http://www.showtimefishing.com/

The boats get points for the fish they catch. If you get enough points you get an invite to the big tournaments. The boat our friend is on was invited to the tournament in Cape Hatteras (OBX, NC) for a $1,000,000 grand prize.

It was a really nice day.

Lilmisschattabox Congrats on having a better day! Keep it up.

GMNEVO I'm not sure what's officially considered a plateau. I'm thinking a few weeks to a month. Hang in there. I know it gets frustrating.

Mamakat LOL @ the drama! Yes, I agree that those auto immune diseases suck! I have a collection of 2! Oh joy, right! Independently or together they are a PITA. I say go for the new wig. Especially if you find it motivating! What style and color are you thinking about?

Psychic It doesn't look like the donuts did any harm. I know it's mental though. I think you handled it well.

Chronostasis Good job eating at maintenance and keeping things under control.

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-08-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #111  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1945 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Yogurt, ricotta cheese, raw sugar snap peas 400 calories

Dinner (1150 calories)
shared salad 150 calories
Bread 200 calories
Grilled chicken 400 calories
veggies/sauce 200 calories
shared fruit/custard dessert 200 calories

Exercise
Today I did my stress lowering, Dr. prescribed workout

25 minute cardio workout from Comcast OnDemand w/water bottles (since I don't have weights at home )
Extended Morning Practice (AM) (45 minutes) from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners w/Barbara Benagh

Funny thing is that I actually broke a sweat w/the 25 minute cardio workout. It was just a basic cardio and walking workout. The yoga workout is one that I checked out from the library. I like that there's lots of options, but I also find more options confusing since I can't remember what's what. I did have to break out all the yoga props that I have. For some reason I woke up with a tweaky knee. How does that happen in the middle of the night? LOL I can do all sorts of high impact workouts and not have a problem. I must have twisted or turned wrong in the middle of the night. The blocks and strap helped me since my knee was being weird.

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-08-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Got WAY upset and stressed at work and ate emotionally today

I HATE that.

Hate that feeling of knowing I ate in reaction to something, and allowed that to run me.

My calories wound up at 2180

So disappointed in myself, and I know all I can do is move on. But it seems crazy that Im trying to break a plateau and then I make a dumb move like that.

I have to let it go and move on, but I really wanted to see movement on the scale tomorrow, and now I'm just bummed that I did that.

Well, there is nothing to do but face tomorrow and move on.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #113  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Grrr, have kept stuffing up all weekend. I called this week my "transition" week which means my brain is just thinking "allowed to cheat" week. So tomorrow is my official Day 1!!! Wish for some willpower for me cos I think I'm going to need it!!

Diana sounds like you're having a lovely weekend!
Katydid as a fellow emotional eater, I feel your pain! You'll make better choices tomorrow
mamakat it's important to feel good about yourself and if you've been working hard to get where you are, then you totally deserve a reward!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #114  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1945 +
Weigh In: 162.4
Up: 1.4 pounds

I truly didn't expect a gain like this. I know my calories were higher, probably at maintenance level. I'm sure the food I had last night had more sodium than I normally use. I'm just continuing what I was doing all along and making the best decisions that I can. Hopefully things will calm down and start working for me, soon. It's frustrating, but I know falling off the wagon or going back to my old ways isn't the answer. I know where that will get me.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #115  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Don't worry Diana. I have had 2lb+ daily gains before and it is always just water. It will flush through. Big gains mean big losses and sometimes vice versa.

It's all about taking the rough with the smooth.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #116  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
It's all about taking the rough with the smooth.
Yes! Thank you! I have been getting a lot of experience with the rough road this past year. That's all part of learning maintenance and dealing with health issues. I have a very bad history with gaining weight. I have "joked" that this angioedema (originally thought it was a food allergy) was the Lord's way of keeping me on track. If I have these types of issues with being on track what would happen if I wasn't?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #117  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

Oh my gosh..Friday was probably the worst I've done calorie wise since I started this journey. I was simply HUNGRY!! I ate waaaay over my goal. But my body just kept signaling hunger...so I ate. I mean, it's not TTOM, I'm not an emotional eater, so I don't know what the deal was. But I was super hungry...so I ate.
My niece is gone though!!! whoo hoo....love that girl, but she was driving me nutso. Going out to the lake today. That should be good exercise...I love swimming. So I'm super embarrassed, but I will post what I ate on Friday
B-nature valley protein bar- 190
L- Chicken salad spinach wrap- 260
D- Meatloaf with green beans and fresh fruit-780 cals
here comes the madness:
6 graham crackers- 780
3 pieces of raisin bread- 300
2 servings of cashews- 320
for a whopping total of 2630
YIKES!
I chose really super high cal foods too.....ugh. I'm so embarrassed.
I still am doing squat challenge and still working out....I was so proud for staying OP with the food...and now I bombed.
Hope everyone had a good weekend
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #118  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 1.8lbs today.

Anyways:

Breakfast: Sardines on low-calorie toast. A few olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, octopus, lettuce, salsa, corn, cheese, stuffed vine leaf, mushroom, bell pepper, sun-dried tomato.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker).

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Ran 5k in 31 minutes. Did a little bit of tiling.

Last edited by IanG; 06-09-2013 at 01:02 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #119  
Starting Over Again

Yesterday's Calories: > 2000

Went to an art festival in Pittsburgh yesterday. Ate a lot of food, but also did a lot of walking. I did include some walking in my net calories, but its hard to be exact.

B - Yogurt, cereal, and honey
S - Jerkey and Light Chai Latte
L - Falafel, Stuffed Grape Leaves & Sprite
S - Starbucks Skinny Caramel Ribbon Crunch
D - Olive Garden Grilled Chicken Toscano, 1 small serving of salad, 1 breadstick, mini dessert ($13 three-course meal)

Last edited by Psychic; 06-09-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #120  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

ive spent the day doing practically nothing....I did do all the laundry but beyond that, nothing...makes up for the super busy days I have all week and on Saturdays lol....DH and I took the puppy for a walk on the docks this morning and I spent most of the afternoon sitting by the lake in the sun...now i'm sunburned but mostly just on my face...it's supposed to be warm and sunny most of the week, even into the 70s which is REALLY HOT here for us lol....means lots of early morning runs outside this week, which I love, but only do in good weather
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote