Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #76  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: 1548
Today's Weight: 173.6

B - Dark Chocolate Ensure
S - Cherries & Kettlecorn
L - Avacado & Tortilla Chips
S - V8 & Very Cherry Yogurt
D- TGIF Dragonfire Chicken & Sweet Tea
Exercise: 5 minutes aerobics, 15 minutes mall walking, and 10 minutes calisthenics
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #77  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'm back, and while I have read, I'm not even going to attempt personals!

Wedding went well. Long, long weekend what with setup, tear down and visiting! I wasn't watching my eating or my hydration, so when I weighed in on Monday, I was up to 380. I'm now back down to 374.3. I got a wicked sunburn during the pictures, so I haven't been back in the pool, but I am going to yoga tonight. Yesterday was my first day fully back eating on plan.

I was so tired from everything I slept for 13 hours and lost 5 pounds in water weight overnight. I'm finally starting to feel like a human being again!

In NSV news: I bought a pair of 3X stretch capris online that I expected to be too tight, but actually fit perfectly. Come to think of it I have to do my measurements for this month yet!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #78  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Angry

this morning has NOT been my friend! Trying to get the monthly statements out to the temple and school families, and the programmer did something that caused them not to run correctly - AND he said he fixed it, but he didn't follow all the way through and it is NOT fixed! Now I'm sitting here, irritated, waiting for him to figure it out, when he acts like he has no idea how the process should work to begin with. He created the thing!!! ARGH!

Ok - food.

B - SBD wrap, egg sub, 1 slice turkey bacon (ran out), half slice horseradish cheddar (ran out of that, too)
S - cherry Fage 0% greek yogurt
L - Staff appreciation lunch today - not sure what I'm going to do but there will be chicken and waffles, cole slaw, and probably fruit or something. We'll see...
S - may not need a snack later
D - ?

Gonna hit the gym and do the body parts I can without bothering my stupid elbow, and probably cardio

Everyone have a great day! Weather is only 63 here in Bel Air, but it's only 9:22 am. Should be around 72 today. At least there's that!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 06-06-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #79  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

Well this squat challenge is tough that's for sure, but I am enjoying it. I've not skipped on exercise at all this week, which is huge for me. I love hiking and weight lifting, but the cardio just doesn't agree with me.

My neice will be going home this Saturday (hurray). I love her dearly, but her and my girls are basically the same age and as the old saying goes, "two is company and three is a crowd"....so needless to say I've been dealing with girl drama for the last two weeks. They are ages 8-10.

The food thing is going awesome. I've really been staying OP.

Diana- I hope tomorrow brings about the end of this flare for you-

Alaskanlaughter- good luck scaring those bears off.....( only in Alaska! )

Have a good one!
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #80  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Chronostasis - I think reading labels is a great habit to get into to. I do occasionally but I think I will try a little harder.
Diana3271 - I did stay out of the goldfish thanks! I hope your day is better today.

I kept myself busy all night and that really helped with my bordem eating and staying out of the bag of goldfish. I hardly sat down from the time I got home from work until the time I went to bed. I didn't sleep well though because of it (too wound up) but at least my bathroom floors are nice and clean, my tupperware drawer is organized and my fridge is empty, clean and organized! I also managed to clean the kitchen, make banana bread and do some photo editing! Lots of coffee drinking required today! Feels really good though when you get so much done in one day.

Today's plan is a bit up in the air. I am going to visit a co-worker at lunch who is off on maternity leave. Last time she made me lunch, I hope she doesn't go to that trouble today.

B - homemade banana bread, coffee w/ milk
S - boiled egg, coffee w/ milk
L - not 100% sure (brought boiled egg, nut bar, kiwi)
D - not sure, have some left over chicken and steak in the fridge

Last edited by sotypical; 06-06-2013 at 02:40 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #81  
California licensed CPA!

Ack! Lunch was good but SO BAD! I had 2 miniature round belgian waffles (about the size and diameter of an english muffin) with a tiny sprinkling of syrup, chicken breast (pulled skin off), sweet potato fries (no sauce or ketchup), broccoli slaw and kale salad w/dried cranberries and what tasted like sesame dressing (Asian tasting) and then I had a small red velvet cupcake! BUT, I took the frosting off after the first bite...all in all not hugely terrible, but not the types of things I usually eat. I have to be careful and not get in to bad eating habits again, like white flour items or bread, white potatoes, white rice, white pasta, etc...the two items that were not on my acceptable foods list were the waffles (white flour) and OF COURSE the cupcake! I let myself have sweet potato fries once in a while, because while they do have oil at least the potatoes are not white!

I will NOT have an afternoon snack today, I'll drink tons of water, and hit some good cardio at the gym in order to sweat out the water I'm sure to retain...

I'm going to do phase 1 of South Beach the Monday after father's day, so that my eating habits will get a little more back on track. I say after father's day, because graduation is next week as well, and I'm sure to go out and celebrate Wednesday night! My eating habits are not bad, but I will just feel better with a little restart...Vegas is in LESS than 4 weeks! Just need that little extra assurance!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 06-06-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/165

Height: 5'9.5"

hi guys, i'm looking for all the accountability I can get to keep myself on track. I joined in December but slacked off. I restarted my weight loss journey 2.5 weeks ago after reaching yet another all time high. I have a trip coming up in july and i'd like to get healthier habits in place before then. i'm calorie counting and moving more - focusing just on walking and some stair stepping to strengthen a bum knee (yes my ortho has encouraged this). so hi! and thanks!
changeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is my early day. I need to get into bed since I have to get up an hour earlier.

Novangel I agree about the 5 years. I was at the 4 year mark, from when my Dad passed away, and was starting to feel better. That's when Magnum passed away and then my Mom a year later. I was very close to both of my parents. I am an only child. My Mom was very hard on me but I know she loved me. That's all that matters. I also think her meds at the end made her even more difficult.

Did you make it to the gym? I think the 10 Pound Slimdown workouts are tougher than 30 DS. Everyone is different in what they like/dislike and find difficult. There is more variety, so there less dread and boredom. I think it's a well rounded program. I found links to some of the workouts online, FREE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_OLGiMq_Qo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOvTFl6ZmnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rhTPz-NfC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fothY0uSQ3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWGJ...3196C72F1EF72C

Alaskanlaughter I hope you had fun today at the beach. How old were the students?

Ian Have you gotten very sore yet? I am just now getting over my 4 mile walk/jog on Sunday. Have fun tonight.

Psychic Great job on your weigh in!

Radiojane I'm glad everything went well this weekend. Now you have time to focus on you and what you want to accomplish. Wow 13 hours! I know that felt good!

Syckgirlsfv It sounds like you kept things in moderation. Did you make it to the gym?

Gonna Get There Soon Ha Ha Weights don't agree with me but I love cardio! Great job on getting your workouts in and staying OP!

Sotypical I hope your lunch went well. Good job staying strong against those little goldfish! I was telling someone the other day that I can't have peanut butter and other things in the house because they talk, whisper to me and call my name. Evil stuff!

Changeforme Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-06-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #84  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Mediterranean wrap w/added ricotta cheese 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Workout w/#1 weighted gloves + #10's
Old 06-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #85  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Breakfast (460 kcal):
vegetable egg white souffle - 150 kcal
1 package fresh raspberries - 70 kcal
1 cup lowfat mango kefir - 140 kcal
2 tablespoons peanut butter - 180 kcal

Snack (110 kcal):
large granny smith apple - 110 kcal

Dinner:
restaurant-sized portion stir-fried mixed veggies & chicken in brown sauce + side of fried rice
2 Texas Roadhouse sweet potato skins (as in the skins you peel off a baked potato - most people discard them, but I think they're really good even plain)

Total: 650 kcal + dinner
Exercise: C25K W2D1, biking to work and back (about 3.0 miles total), walking to chinese restaurant (about 1.75 miles total), will probably play Kinect

Feeling proud of myself today. 3 days in a row of C25K, of RUNNING - that's an accomplishment for someone who could hardly run for a full minute before (although admittedly, the jogging has sometimes been about the speed of a four year old at top speed. Oh well, it's the endurance I need to learn, not speed.)
As for the food...well, I wasn't planning on going out for Chinese, but I was locked out of my house for several hours and hadn't eaten since 8 AM. Hence walking to a restaurant and eating much more than I really needed. It was yummy though.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #86  
California licensed CPA!

I did make it to the gym Glute machine, hip adductor machine, 5 sets of crunches on the ab roller machine thingy, and 20 minutes of cardio (burned 260 calories just on that). I'm going to have salmon patties, asparagus, and vemicelli for dinner...but right now it's shower time!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #87  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Diana I took 50 students grades K-5 along with 5 other staff on a hike through the rainforest and to play on the beach this afternoon....we take field trips like that weekly during the summer

I wore my baggy sweatpants on the field trip so as not to get my regular work clothes dirty and wet....they were NOT comfortable they were so crazy big...which I know but I love them anyhow for lounging around the house or running minor errands...actually doing a lot of movement in them was NOT pleasant

so I decided to upgrade and FINALLY went to the store in search of new sweatpants...I was able to wear a SIZE SMALL of some brand (dunno which) in standard grey sweatpants...my baggy ones were size L and are actually much bigger than a standard size L so perhaps got stretched out all these years...it's so nice to wear sweats around the house without hiking them up all the time LOL
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #88  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

A couple of bad days... But I'm working on my healthy grocery list for this weekend ... I wonder if I can purchase some willpower while I'm at it!? Haha!

Congrats to all of you that are doing better than me at sticking to it
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Today is my early day. I went to bed at a decent time, so I did well with that. I feel less swollen this morning but I had another gain. I didn't feel like I would have a gain this morning. I know it takes time for the body to regulate again. Patience is a tough pill to swallow and keep down. So far I am up 2 pounds from this flare up.

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 161.6
Up: 1 pound

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-07-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #90  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Diana - No worries. You'll lose it again once it settles.

Syckgirlsfv - I love the ab abductor machine. Since I don't have gym membership, I found out that I can replicate the exercise by wrapping a resistance band around my thighs and try to move them apart.

lilmisschattabox - Just keep at it. Once you start seeing results, you'll have even more motivation to continue.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote