3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   how to shed the next 10 lbs? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/282470-how-shed-next-10-lbs.html)

matherleey611 05-28-2013 11:00 AM

how to shed the next 10 lbs?

Hey guys

So I lost 10 lbs in 2 months- from 145 to 135 lbs.
My goal is 120lbs.
I am now not bale to lose a single pounds since a month. I am still working out and hoping it will make a difference.
Any suggestion on how o proceed.

seems I have reached a weight plateau...
:halfempty

dstalksalot 05-28-2013 11:06 AM

As you get smaller, it gets harder to lose. What type of plan are you on? Typically as you get closer to your goal you have to change things up to get more loss going. Limiting carbs and weight lifting etc.

matherleey611 05-28-2013 11:17 AM

Currently I am doing low carbs and no sugar.
Also work out 1 hour 5 days a week, do hot yoga 3 days a week (1.5 hours).
My intake of calories is about 800 cal a day.

How should i go now?

MicheleLynne 05-28-2013 11:23 AM

I'm stuck

I started my diet last year and have lost 45 lbs but now I'm stuck even after increasing my exercise. Instead of my normal routine of counting 1500 calories a day, I'm going to switch to the gluten-free phase 1 of the South Beach diet this Friday. They say the average lost in two weeks is between 8-10 lbs and after I've checked the forum posts on this site, that seems about what everybody is pretty close to. I'll let you know how it goes.

Michele

MarleneV 05-28-2013 11:33 AM

For as much as you are working out, I think your calories are too low, and that is causing you to not lose weight. You might consider moving that up to 1200, that will give your body more to work with. You can stay low carb/no sugar at this, and I'd bet you'll see results!

Hoopty 05-28-2013 12:00 PM

You don't eat enough, at all. 800 calories is WAY too low for ANYONE and on top of that you workout a lot. Your body doesn't want to give anything away since you're not providing it with enough already. Just like everybody here said - increase your calories to about 1200-1400. It may sound crazy to you "why eat more if I want to lose weight" but that's how the body works, at least for most people.

ForTheFifth 05-28-2013 02:58 PM

800 calories is starving yourself. I honestly think your body is storing fat due to no calories or fat coming in.

What kind of workouts are you doing? At this stage Im not sure weight-loss is the way to go; maybe you should try building some muscle, and toning your body.

Yoga is great, but it is still stretching at the end of the day; what else are you doing?

crispin 05-28-2013 03:22 PM

First off, congrats on the 10lbs!

Definitely bump up those calories. Going so low not only burns muscle (which lowers your metabolism, slowing weight loss) but could screw up your metabolism long-term.

I'm also short, only 4'11", and lost about 35 pounds over two years. I ate 1600-2000 calories/day and walked 3 miles/day. (I also had an active job.) The weight came off in spurts, with long plateaus. I didn't mind the plateaus though b/c my focus wasn't weight loss, but healthy living.

I then plateaued for about a year. I didn't really think of it as a plateau though because I was happy with my size. I added in strength training to tone up and lost another 5 pounds rather quickly, in less than two months.

I've never wanted to drop my calories too low because I feared that would wreak havoc on my metabolism and make me unable to lose/maintain on a calorie level that I could happily sustain.

So my advice to you would be to definitely bump up your calories. I'd go with at least 1400, do about 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week and strength training 3 times a week too.

matherleey611 05-30-2013 03:56 PM

So I should raise my food to like 1200-1500 calories a day.
And how about work out?
I infact feel that this Bikram yoga is making me gain weight.
Should i quit that?

Kscott 05-30-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matherleey611 (Post 4754858)
Hey guys

So I lost 10 lbs in 2 months- from 145 to 135 lbs.
My goal is 120lbs.
I am now not bale to lose a single pounds since a month. I am still working out and hoping it will make a difference.
Any suggestion on how o proceed.

seems I have reached a weight plateau...
:halfempty

Same thing happened to me. I hit a plateau and stayed there for several months. Even after a lot of exercise--aerobic (Jazzercise) the scale wouldn't budge. Then I cut way back on my intake of bread--and it worked the scale started moving in the right direction again.