Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Pork Chop 400 Calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
Sharon Twombly's Zero To Sixty Low Impact with Weights w/#3's & #5's
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #17  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

ianG you sound like you feel like me. I'm SORE today!

Diana I do Hatha with a focus on restorative/healing poses.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #18  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Ouch. It hurts doesn't it Radiojane!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

I woke a 6 AM! One of the stupid symptoms of TTOM/PMS. It can always be worse so I will leave it at that.

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 160 (TTOM)
Up: .2
Old 05-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #20  
Trying to live below 200

Ian and Radiojane Try to get some extra stretching in and drink extra water to flush the lactic acid. My worse place to get DOMS is hamstrings and glutes. Talk about walking funny!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #21  
Empress/Queen

Default Saturday

Good morning all!!! Yes, I can believe it is Memorial Day weekend & planning a quiet time lol. Had big plans to see an out-of-town friend but plans fell through. Will be cooking for the week ahead instead. It may be the last week of work for a while depending on contractual matters not having to do with me. I am good either way with that.

I think that & some other inner things kept pressing my eating buttons this last week & I didn't get enough down days in my maintenance eating cycle. Will be fixing that this coming week as I want to stay on top of the scale tale.

Calories not bad, though, at 1810 Friday, did 30 minutes weights & 15 minutes of Leslie also plus 12,000+ steps.

Have a fantastic day everyone! Woot!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #22  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Wow, it seems like almost everyone had something good to report! I wish I could report smaller clothes and less weight, but that's still the same. I find it near impossible as I've worked out for 4 weeks now, using muscles I did not know I had. Okay my DOMS are in my triceps and obliques. I usually have to focus on getting those worked out, but somehow, standing on ladders and painting all around, over my head, has helped work those out. My back and thighs hurt from pulling up carpet that was over stapled to the stairs! Geez someone was staple gun happy! Both wrists are blown out and in braces, but I've still got some work to do.

This weekend's plans: utilize my DH as much as possible. I can no longer hold plyers and I have no strength in pulling or grasping. I can lift as long as I don't need my fingers and I can hold as long as it doesn't weight more than a pound and not for more than two minutes as a time. So, I can not pull those stinking tack/staples up. After he is so kind in doing that for me, he will sand the icky steps. I am done painting walls, now only ceilings and floors/steps. I should be able to get a chunk of that done this weekend (wrists withstanding). And maybe after DH is done with the steps, he can move onto a new project too. We will see.

I don't know why I'm not losing weight and it's driving me crazy! But I'm holding again. I did almost reach 190 and told myself not to have a heart attack, I was swollen like mad crazy where it was hard to move and bend. Luckily I went back down to 184...which still means I lost my 100 mark. Egad, already, lets see some loss or at the very least get me back to where I was. I'm moving, I'm eating and I am getting some form of sleep (not all good, but definitely not all bad). Mentally, I believe my mania has subsided or lessened. I can nap in the afternoon once more. I think my thyroid is doing fine, cuz I don't "feel" weird. I just know when it's off. So there's no reason (at least in my opinion).

Congrats to all on their losses and their getting up and out. Welcome to the newcomers.

Diana, at least yoga is cheaper than therapy and you don't have to sit in a small room and spill your guts out Lucky me, I get a double session next week with "tapping" oh man, I don't look forward to that. I like the kickboxing idea for channeling aggression, but yoga can help to soothe instead of irritate, maybe, I don't do yoga enough to know. But it can't hurt! Unless you're RadioJane whose doing the hard kind.

Well I'm off to torture my wrists for another day. Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #23  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm really having trouble staying on track lately. Its starting to bum me out.

Yesterday's Calories: 1846
Today's Weight: 176.4
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #24  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I had around 2500 planned calories yesterday and a rest day. Today I really wanna bust my arse at the gym. I've been eating maintenance calories way too often and it's gotta change.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #25  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I kind of slept in...in which younger son woke up at 630 a.m. and sort of let me lightly sleep til 830 a.m. lol.....im doing laundry today and its trying to be sunny out...I went for a run on pavement today and really liked it...was able to push myself longer because I wasn't worried about the sharp-edged gravel on the trail sections...came home, showered and now headed out for a few little errands....have a high school graduation party to attend later today
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #26  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Diana, I have the best job of my life right now. Hope to stay with it for the rest of my working life. I'm the manager of a small fitness studio in a small town. Our focus is on functional movement, with a concentration on Pilates. We can only house 14 students per class and we run two classes a day (one Pilates class, one cardio/weights class), five days a week. We also have private sessions with clients during the middle of the day, and we are currently nearing the end of a 10-week challenge to help clients clean up their diets, fit in exercise into their daily routine, practice some sort of daily stress-management, and get in a good night's sleep every night. We're currently training four women (me included) to become certified fitness trainers (because up to now, the owner has been the only trainer) and then we'll be able to run more classes and increase our range of clientele.

What I love about exercising there is that I can participate in a community of positive support, which seems to be what I need in order to stick to exercising. Also, my boss is very well educated and experienced and gives me a lot of help with modifying movements so that I can achieve my objectives without hurting myself. She really has helped me change my body image, from a fatalistic view (I'll NEVER be able to look that good) to being able to see that I have athletic skills and real strength, even at my size. And while I was seeing the beginnings of kyphosis in my upper back (dowager hump), three years later, it is practically gone!

IanG, when I first started working out at my studio, just doing Pilates, I experienced DOMS with every class. At first it wasn't something to which I looked forward, for nearly two years, especially as I increased my exercise frequency from twice a week to five times a week. I would send a text to my trainer and tell her that I thought she broke my backside, and she'd text me back with big smiles and encouraging words. Somewhere along the way I started looking at DOMS as a good thing. I don't get it so much now, two years into daily workouts. But when we do something new in class, I like feeling the DOMS the next day. It tells me I really put in some effort!

Enjoy your rest day! I love mine! I do absolutely nothing on those days, except for some stretching as needed. And bacon-wrapped Motrin for breakfast!

My newest ambition is to do real, full push-ups. I only recently learned that well-developed biceps are not key to success with that. I've been curling 20-lb. dumbbells but couldn't fully complete a push-up, and it was so frustrating to see women who only curled half that being able to do it. But when I talked about it with my trainer, she said that triceps and scapular stability are what is key, and I'm not yet strong enough to be able to do it at my weight (312 lbs.), but I will most likely find success as I lose more weight.

I struggle with doing dips. Just too heavy for my triceps to support me. Last spring, I weighed about 15 lbs. less and I could do back planks, but I can't do them now. So dropping that weight is very important now. Somehow, I don't care so much about dropping weight so that I look different. I am more motivated by dropping weight so I can achieve more. So I expect my triceps will be reminding me of their existence much more often over the next few months as I work on them!

So, what's on the books for me today? I'm keeping my eating light during the day because we're going out to dinner tonight with Grandpa and Grandma, and Grandpa always likes to get good value for his dollars when he eats out. We are going to Black Bear Diner, which seems to be famous for large portions of not-expensive comfort food. I am planning to ask our waiter that they not put potatoes and gravy and the corn muffin on my dinner plate. I'm bringing my own olive oil for my salad. I will be ordering the smallest size steak, and not eating all of it. And I'll ask for a double portion of the vegetables. Not sure about dessert. I might order just a single scoop of vanilla ice cream and topping it with my own dark French chocolate chunks. Only drinking water.

Hoping to see further weight loss tomorrow morning!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #27  
Trying to be in the 160s

Down 2.0lbs today. I am resting today but will get some chores done and probably mow the lawn.

Anyways:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar.
2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo. Some vegetables.

Lunch: Salad with lettuce, spicy salsa, corn, chicken, pickled onion, sun-dried tomato, pepper, garlic, asparagus with cockles.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker)

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Mowed the lawn.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #28  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I still haven't eaten dinner and I'm starving! One of the tractors broke down at the farm and I'm still waiting for DH to get home so we can eat together. While I wait I'm watching the UFC fights!

Yesterday and this morning I looked at some yoga workouts on our Comcast On Demand. I found one that looked interesting and tried it. It was a 25 minute workout with John Vitarelli called Stress Relief. I found one of the poses interesting based on something he said. It's the shoulder stand. He said that it helps with the Endocrine system (thyroid, etc).

I was planning to get a walk in today but it didn't work out. I went to my Mom's house to get the last few items that I had boxed up. I also cleaned out all paperwork from the garage. A huge spider tried to attack me. I ended up winning that battle although it did put up a big fight. (about scared the crap out of me ) So, at this point I am done with the house. I am still waiting for DH to get some stuff out of the garage. He is busy this weekend with planting at the farm. I think he will finish the planting next weekend. The man that normally helps him is having back issues, so he can't do much. DH is having to do most of it on his own. I can't see him getting to the garage for a couple more weeks. I will be calling the auctioneer guy once DH finished in the garage.

Amarantha Good job planning and cooking your meals for the week. That makes it so much easier to stay on plan. I hope the job situation works out in a way that's best for you.

Mamakat Sometimes "still the same" is something good to report. We both know that things could go in the other direction real quick. So I say great job maintaining! Ha Ha about the yoga being cheaper than therapy. I could probably use the therapy, too. The problem is that I actually know all the answers. I don't think the therapist would appreciate me being "smarter" than them. I hope you have a great weekend.

Psychic Where do you think the issue is with you staying on track? Is it stress? Actual hunger?

Hoopty Did you make it to the gym today?

Alaskanlaughter Glad you got a good run in. I don't like walking on rocks or uneven surface. I am very prone to falling.

Geoblewis I can sense the enthusiasm in your post about your job. Awesome! You are benefiting from healthy and positive environment.

Ian Congrats on the 2 pounds! Does your wife eat healthy and workout, too?

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-25-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #29  
Trying to be in the 160s

Thanks Geoblewis for the useful insights. It hurts though, doesn't it!!

And Diana, my wife is a pretty healthy weight , plus a few pounds (but not many!!). She eats very well and balanced because she loves cooking. I can't eat that cooking though because I am trying to lose rather than maintain.

She doesn't work out which is a sore point at the moment. I get to go to the gym before work but because she is a stay-at-home-mom looking after our twins, she does not get that luxury. I think we will have to work some weekend arrangement out for her where she goes and I look after the kids. She's pushing for that now I am working out...doh!

Last edited by IanG; 05-25-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #30  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Stayed on plan today and didn't add into count(plan) any off plan foods thought about it but didn't want to Just didn't want to mess up all the progress I've made this week.

2&1/2 hrs @ the gym this morning and just got from a nice hour jog!!

Last edited by OnaMi; 05-25-2013 at 09:25 PM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote