Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 04:30 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

I don't know how I missed you Connie, but I did. Hello to you as well. Good to see you.

Old 06-05-2003, 07:24 AM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Default Good Morning!

Hi Gals -
Sorry I missed chat last night - but hubby and I were out on our anniversary date! It was nothing too exciting, but we had fun. I made dinner of filet mignon, green beans and potatos and then we went to see Bruce Almightly. It was very funny.

I just finished 1/2 on the treadmill - yep, bright and early. For the next couple weeks I am going to adjust my work hours slightly so that I can work out in the morning, go in a little later, leave a little later and then try to exercise again in the evening! I'm going to give it a couple weeks and see how it goes. changing my work hours may mean a little longer commute (it's already 50-60 min), but I think it will help to get some exercise in the morning! I'll see how it goes!

Food has not been great this week - not too horrible, I am just hoping for no gain tomorrow morning. I've still got a little bit of the vacation gain to get rid of before I am back on track where I want to be. I'll get there!!

Kat --- Rumor has it we may see the sun today!!! I'll believe it when I see it!!!

2cute --- Good to see you popping in. Glad to hear Thin is doing well.

Deon --- {{{{HUGS}}}} Sorry to hear what a difficult time you are having right now. We are here for you!

Well, hubby is out of the shower so it's my turn!

I'll check in with you wonderful women later on today!
Barb
Old 06-05-2003, 07:40 AM   #18  

Morning ladies,

2cute: That's exactly what I was telling Connie last night, that everyone seems to be really busy lately. That the thread used to move lots faster, but it's spring time almost summer and everyone is doing there thing. Hope you have having some luck with the house hunting.

Deon: So sorry to hear about your hubby, my prayers are with you and him. I hope it is not a permanent thing for him. Good luck with doing WW on your own, that is what I was and am doing again, once you get it down and as long as you have plenty of people to talk to it goes pretty good. Just remember we are all here for you.

Barb: Glad you and hubby had a wonderful anniversary.

Amanda: Hey there, it's okay about chat, I will catch you on Saturday night, well actually, I'm sure we will chat through the week...

Kat: I want to pat you on the back. I just don't know if I could give up the bread, pasta.....the bread would be okay, but gosh how I love pasta. You are doing great!!!! Keep up the great work girl.

Tina: Where the heck are you? Come back, come back.

ttyl,
Old 06-05-2003, 07:44 AM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning all
I got up with a headache this morning.
I went to bed mad I guess thats what I get. I am having trouble with our paper billing they have called me everyday for the last week to see if I have sent my payment. I have never been late I always pay on the 1st of the month.

Sandy and dixie sorry i had to leave so soon last night but I got the call while we were chatting and I was so mad.

Barb: Happy Anniversary a day late.

Deon: Hang in there things will get better. I have been there.

Congrats to all og yopu on your weight losses.
I am still stick haven't lost anything since Jan. But haaven't gained more than 1-2 lbs either.

Ok Tina wwhere are you?

I picked my first blueberries last night . AS I told Sandy on chat I have 8 bushes that are loaded.

Our outside cat had 1 kitten overnight it is the size of a baby mouse but it is loud I hope it survives.

WEll I better grab a bath and get ready for work I am off tomorrow but have to go to a mandatory Inter- Library Loan Workshop for 2 1/2 hours. I will buy my tropical fish for my new tank too. I want some guppies.

Catch all of you later have a great day and keep up the fight against this weight.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:56 AM   #20  
a work in progress...

Mmmmmmmmmmm...berry pickin' at Mary's! Grab your baskets!

Back later...I have a dentist appointment at 9 and a sick daughter to take to the doctor's.

Sleep today? Not soon enough...
Old 06-05-2003, 08:47 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies!

Just checking in. I need to dash off and get DH up. We're taking a drive today to spend the day together. The sun is actually shining today so we're getting out of the house. My vacation will be over way too soon. Yesterday, we did errands and ate at Hardee's like fools. Stupid, because we should have had a light breakfast and not let ourselves get so hungry. Oops! But last night was BBQ chicken (without the skin), broccoli and salad. Weather was decent so we worked on the yard. I finally finished my landscape area - about killed my body installing the landscape edging and finishing the mulch but I wanted it Done! Yikes, how do people do that everyday, all day??

To everyone who's really struggling with life right now, take a deep breath. About the only thing in life that we can control is how we react to things that happen in our lives. Feeling bad about life or yourself won't make things better - food especially won't make it better. Hang in there and keep your chins up. We're here to listen and offer a

Congrats to everyone who's seeing results to their efforts. Whether its pounds lost, clothes that fit, or exercise getting easier - these are all payoffs.

Have a great OP day!
Old 06-05-2003, 09:39 AM   #22  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

Steph, my son is 6 1/2, but has always been very bright and inquisitive. So I couldn't hide things from him, or only give him a bit of a story, he'd want to know everything. But he's also sensitive, so here's what I'd say to him if it were me: I'd tell him that his cousin was in an accident, and his arm got very badly hurt, so the doctors needed to take it off to help him get better. I'd then tell him that his cousin is getting better in the hospital, but isn't feeling well, and is sad that he has lost his arm, so we have to be gentle with him.
I hope that helps, I'm sure that this must be very hard for all of you, and my thoughts are with you all.

I am glad to say I've had VERY positive results from my weekly weigh in. Firstly, I have lost another kilo! and on top of that, my measurements have shown great losses all over the bod, which has really boosted my motivation and confidence that this IS working and I WILL get to goal.

I went for a 45 minute walk, and have eaten well. Still learning about the pitfalls of not being careful in my planning of food - made myself some cheese herb grills, but made too many, forgetting that it would amount to too many points. But have learned my lesson, and won't do that again. Really cross with myself, because I'd made a promise that I won't go over points this week, so wasn't a very good start, but what I went over, I made up for with my walk, so I did break even. Tomorrow, I'll be more careful!!!

Also discovered that I'm not drinking enough water, which is wierd for me, cos normally I go through heaps, but it's cos I'm at home, and don't have a glass permanently at my elbow like I do when I'm working at a desk.... So my other challenge this week is to make sure I drink enough....

I'm joining Josh's class on an excursion into the city to go to the museum tomorrow. One of the joys of being at home is that I can be more involved with Josh's activities. I'm also planning on helping out in the canteen, and last night I took Josh to Joey Scouts, and got pulled in to help there! Marc doesn't drive yet, which is why he ends up staying home looking after Bec while I'm out driving Josh about. Gets annoying sometimes, but until we can afford for Marc to get lessons, I'm the chauffeur of the family!

See ya tomorrow!
Old 06-05-2003, 09:48 AM   #23  
a work in progress...

Talking

Quote:
Hang in there and keep your chins up.
Oh God, that's funny!
Old 06-05-2003, 12:07 PM   #24  

Thanks to all of you for all your support!!!!!!!You know with all this support and the support of my friends here at home and some family I feel like things aren't so bad,a nd that maybe I really can deal with this. And I just talked to my friend here at home and she has been doing WW with me and now she is going to do it with me here at home. So I know I will do it, I am sooo determined this time to make it. I feel like it is my turn to do something great, and finally be skinny and healthy, so I know I will do it. Thanks again. Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 01:28 PM   #25  
BELIEVE!

Hi Dear Friends,
Just finishing up my lunch and popping in to say hello! I hope you are all having a great day! Mine is pretty good so far. Just a little slow - I've been in a bit of a funk lately with work. I like my job, the people I work with, etc. I just haven't felt much like working. Oh well, I know I will snap out of this! I'm still getting done what needs to be done.

I feel so good that I some of my exercise done for the day. I hope I can make this morning routine work out.

Terri - I hope you all have a nice drive today. Enjoy your time off, or what is left of it. You got me thinking about Hardee's breakfast - Yummy! There is not one anywhere near us, so no chance of me blowing it there. We did have a big breakfast pig out there when we were on vacation in FL.

Lynne - You are doing such a good job! Keep it up!

Deon - That's great that you have a friend to to WW with at home! You CAN do this!!!

Gotta get back to work!

Hi to everyone else!!! Talk to you later on!
Barb
Old 06-05-2003, 07:34 PM   #26  

Hey, I'm here; wanted to get a quick post off before I start work.

The food is going good, but the exercise is NOT. I just haven't made an attempt. I know I need to get to work on this.

Did everyone read the latest news about obesity on the home page? What really gripes me is that my insurance will not cover obesity treatment. Does this make sense???? If it wasn't for work I wouldn't have insurance. My former employer didn't provide insurance coverage so I tried to get insurance on my own. Nobody would cover me because I didn't meet their weight guidelines. I was finally told that if you are overweight no insurance will cover you except if you are in a group plan at work. THAT JUST SUCKS!!! Of course, smokers can get insurance, they just pay higher premiums (my apologies if any of you smoke, but this is a touchy subject for me).

Well now that I got that off my chest, I hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:37 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Okay, okay, I did not mean multiple chins on one person!

A great accomplishment for me today. This evening, I got my bike out and rode around the neighborhood for 35 mintues. I almost gave up after 10 but made myself keep going. Eventually, it felt great. I love bike riding - so much more so than walking. Hopefully, you will get tired of me talking about biking (that means I'm actually doing more of it! ).

Our day was really good. We took the big baby dog with us and we drove north to a state park. Since there was no one around one of the picnic areas, we let him out to run. You'd have thought he was a bloodhound - nose to the ground taking in all the new smells. He loved going with us. Except for when DH shut his head in the window!

Got to run for now. Have a great evening!
Old 06-06-2003, 07:26 AM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

bringing us to the top
Old 06-06-2003, 11:10 AM   #29  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Hey gals....

I'm here. I've not disappeared on you. Well, not for good...anyways.

Thank you Kat for PM'ing me. It may have just brought me out of my funk. I've not read everything yet, but I'm working on it. Do you ever just get to a place where you're burnt out? We've had a catastrophe of sorts at work and I have been working my hind end off. (literally, I hope) I have worked every single day since I came back from Charlotte almost two weeks ago. We have three people that rotate on third shift. Two of those people have been out. One had a baby and one was in the hospital with bronchitis. To cover these people being out, me and the other first shift person have been coming in at 3:00am and working till 3:00pm. We just found a person to replace Chatty Cathy, but she can't work on thirds, so it has just been a mess!

Things are definitely looking up though. The girl that is working with us on first worked here before, so she won't need a lot of training, plus....she is working a 32 hour shift.....Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon. My other co-worker is going to take Fri & Sat off and then I am taking Sunday and Monday off! I get to be home on Race Day! No more listening to it on the radio! Wooo Hooo!

On the food front, all is well. This is my 4th day OP and I am re-joining WW on Monday and I can't wait. It is time to get the rest of this weight off....know what I mean?

I went through a period there where I was just eating whatever I wanted to and it scared me. I started feeling that "bloated, indigested, walking around in a "food haze" feeling again, and although I may fall from time to time, I do take pride in the fact that I always pick myself up. No, maybe I don't do it right away and maybe it takes me awhile to get my crap together, but the point of the matter it.........I DO do it. Even though the change in me is not what one might call monumental, it is still a big change. In the past, when I have strayed from my eating program. I just quit. You know, my head was saying, "Wow....look at all the work you've done and you're just taking all these steps backwards." But I didn't stop. I continued to ignore the voices in my head and went right back to my old eating habits. Sometimes I would eat what I wanted for a couple of months. Sometimes I quit all together and it would be a year or two or more before I would try to get myself back together. Sometimes I would let myself go to the point I didn't think I could walk across a parking lot without passing out. But something in me has changed. Lord knows that I'm not perfect. Lord knows I make mistakes. But I never ever quit. I think it's all about learning. Learning isn't always easy and sometimes, takes a lot of time. But, when you learn a new way to eat, learn to exercise, learn what you need to do to feel and be healthy....it's not an easy thing. It requires time. Thru trial and effort though....we just might get this thing right.

Everyone have a nice day!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:10 PM   #30  
BELIEVE!

Default Happy Friday!

Hi Gals -
I hope everyone is having a good Friday! The sun is shining here, FINALLY!!! When I got home last night I went for a nice long walk - all by myself, no dogs allowed - and just enjoyed the beautiful day for a change.

Work is crazy today - I've hardly had anything going on this week and now today it's all being dumped on me! The only good part is that I am working at home, so I have all the windows open and the radio on and dogs laying by my feet.

Good news!!! It took one week to put it on and two weeks to take it off, but I have lost my vacation gain! 2.6 pounds down this week. Now I am back where I was the day I left for vacation!!! I would love to continue with a 2 pound loss each week. I know I can do it as long as I have my head in the right place.

Tina - It's so good to see you here and know that you are doing ok. Sorry that work has been such a bummer! Hopefully you are making lots of extra $$$!!!! I love reading your posts. They are always so thoughtful and insightful!

Terri - Good job on the bike ride! I use to love biking, but I don't have a bike now and am honestly a little intimidated to go buy one - I'm worried that I'm too heavy for a bike?

Connie - Glad to hear food is going well for you. Now if you just get the exercise in you'll start melting away! I haven't read that article yet, but I plan to.

Mary - Good to see you popping in, even if it's only to bump up the thread.

Has everyone else disappeared??? I hope you are all doing wonderful things! Please come and share!

I've gotta get back to my crazy day, just wanted to drop in my cyber-friends quickly.

Talk to you later!
Barb
Closed Thread