Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 04:46 PM   #91  
determined chick!

Default Dips and Angie

Dips!- Hey girl, long time no see I've thought of you a lot lately. Especially when it seems like you hear about more soldiers dying everyday in Iraq. My prayers are with all of you. Thank you for your congrats, and for taking time out to say hi. It means a lot to me I hope we get to see you more often, I miss hearing how you are. Take care girl.
Angie- Thank you so much for the congrats You have been a source of my motivation I don't know how many times. There were times I wanted to pull my hair out and got on here, read your posts and about how you were doing on your journey, and it helped to give me the push I needed to keep going. From your pics, you look great. I like you have decided to be comfortable where I'm at. I'm going to try to stay right at 140, but I'm not going to beat myself up over 2 lbs or so either way. Hearing you say your proud means a lot to me and I thank you.
Well I gotta run, dishes calling my name- URGH! Take care- Di
Old 07-17-2003, 05:11 PM   #92  
The ever shrinking woman!

I hopped to the last page of this post, and I see grizzlyschick, lost 190 pounds! WOW woman, that is such an accomplishment, CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 07-17-2003, 05:19 PM   #93  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Congratulations Di!

Hey Di! The challenge thread popped up to the top of the forum and I had to see why. Congratulations on reaching goal!!!! That is totally awesome! I am proud and amazed at your dedication. You rock!

Aloha!
Old 07-23-2003, 05:33 AM   #94  
determined chick!

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone! Thanks Tonya and Melekalikimaka! Well I'm doing pretty good on maintainence I think. I've more or less kept my eating the same, but added a little more here or there. I wanted to check in sooner, but I keep getting myself bogged down. I miss all the activity on the thread! I hope you're all having a great summer. Take care- Di
Old 07-23-2003, 04:36 PM   #95  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Di you have to start a thread and tell us the following:

When did you start this life change for the new you?
What did you do in order to reach your goal?
Why was this time around different than any other?
How often did you exercise and what kind of routine did you have?
Who can and cannot do the exact same thing as you did?
Where do you start?

Inquiring minds want to know? Hugs to you my friend and if only I had more than two thumbs because you deserve more than two! LOL

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

PS...if you start a new thread of your own let me know!
Old 07-23-2003, 05:25 PM   #96  
The ever shrinking woman!

I second that!

also, if you need a "maintenance" buddy, lemme know.. hehe, I am finding it's as much as struggle as losing, and it takes work everyday, and probably will forever
Old 07-23-2003, 06:54 PM   #97  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I'm with Kina and Tonya!!! I want some pics too!!

YOU are the best DI!! I am so impressed with all that you have done. I would love to hear your schedule and everything too. I need some inspiration to get me moving again. I have hit a wall and am having a hard time getting moving again.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:40 AM   #98  
determined chick!

Talking Kina, Angie and Tonya

Hi Ladies- Thank you all so much for the support, compliments and encouragement. If you guys would tell me how to start a thread with my story I'd love to do it. Maybe I can help someone else along their journey to. I've had family and friends try to convince me to get into something where I could help other people hit their goals, but I have no idea what that would be, so doing a thread would help me to know that I'm trying to help someone else too. As for maintainence- I'm doing pretty good. I've done well with food choices, but found that skipping time at the gym is something I can't do. I missed a day last week, busy week at work and I had overslept- it was near impossible to get motivated to go the next day Tonya- If you want a maintainence buddy, I'd love to do it. Kina and Angie- if you guys are willing to help me start a thread- I'd love to do it. You both have such great ideas and are so much smarter about this stuff than I am. You've also both been my motivators and cheerleaders here. I have pictures of me at size 12, but the ones of me at size 6 my husband just took. I'll get that roll used up so I can send you guys pics. Something else I'll have to ask you to explain to me how to do. Well Thank You all so much. If I could I would give each of you a hug for helping so much this last year, it's meant more than you'll ever know. Take care- Di
Old 07-27-2003, 09:20 AM   #99  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I cant wait for your new thread Di!! Just hit the new thread button and it will start a new one for you. I think your story will help alot of people. I am sure there are alot of people who are overweight and thinking that I cant lose that much weight and you can show them that it CAN be done. I didnt think I could ever lose my weight but I bought a magazine that was full of success stories and whenever I felt like cheating I would read those stories over and over so that i knew it could be done. (of course they stopped printing the magazine just as i started to diet. )

I cant wait. I am like a little kid in a candystore. Iam just now trying to get back into the groove and this is perfect timing. I have something new to look forward to. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. I will do what I can.

Last edited by angieME; 07-27-2003 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:24 AM   #100  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Talking Me at my highest....

I posted these on another thread before but I am not sure I posted them here yet. So here goes I think I weighed about 250 pounds here because it was about a month after I started to lose weight the first time.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:28 AM   #101  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Here I am at 140

This is one I had my daughter take a few months ago before I fell off the wagon.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:40 AM   #102  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Here is another...

This is me a few years before I ever started to diet. I am not at my highest hee either but probably pretty close.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:37 PM   #103  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Di...I sent you a four part PM because it was a long one and that darn thing kept saying I had too many characters to send. So I had to cut it downd into parts. But I agree with Angie lots of people would be interested in knowing how you did and how you have overcome the obstacles. I would love to see your then and now pics. I bet I will need a chair to see the results. I mean that I am sure it will blow me out of my mind.

Wow Angie...you have also had amazing results! those of you who don't know Angie runs a bakery of some kind and I swear any lady who can say no to a pastry is my hero. Krispy Kreme just opened here in town well DH had to go and buy some and we aren't talking about 1 dozen we are talking 2 dozens! OMG! Let's talk about something else...no just kidding. Not in a whole sitting but in one day I managed to eat 2 glazed doughnuts and 2 jelly filled! OMG! I felt awful. I have a weakness for pastries.

With the two of you on a thread talking about your successes and how you plan to keep it off, all in effort to motivate those who struggle, like simple ol' me. MAKE THE THREAD AND THEY WILL COME as they say! It would be truly amazing to see this come alive and see the motivation that will come of it. I know I am ready for the motivation. Like Angie says I enjoy reading success stories they keep me in line and they help me to make better choices for myself. You two have proven that it can be done and people would like to know how you did it and how can they do exactly what you did and how you will keep it off because they plan to also keep it off.

Keep me informed. This thread has gotten a little slow but I know there are many out there that relied on the motivation of this thread. Unfortunately with Gennel busy with her new house it's kind slowed. Well I will be here to cheer you on Di!

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

Last edited by Kina; 07-27-2003 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:29 PM   #104  
determined chick!

Default Whew!

Whew! Angie your pictures are amazing! You know you were pretty even at your highest weight. At my highest weight, I had 3 chins and wasn't attractive at all, least of all to myself. It won't be long and you'll be at goal writing your success story! I can't wait to read it! By the way sent you a pm. It's a little long so be prepared for a short novel, ok
Kina- I sent you another pm and just like Angie's it's a novel. I used to love pastries too. My biggest weakness was an apple fritter. It's almost like a bearclaw, but made with apples and cinnamon and then glazed. It's HUGE! But oh God it is pure Heaven. Well I mean it used to be. Now I settle for a baked apple, with raisins, cinnamon and equal mixed, and a tbsp of grapenuts on top. I microwave for 3 minutes take it out put a tbsp of fat free coolwhip on top and microwave 30 seconds and then let it cool a little. It has less than 120 calories and is very filling and settles my sweet tooth. Guess you figured out that apples are my favorite fruit and now one of the things I crave!
You know I really miss Gennel just like most of you. I also miss these challenges. I know it's hard to stay motivated without that goal set for them. I hope we can all keep encouraging each other while Gennels gone. God knows I need it and I'm sure so many out there do too. I hope everyone is well. Take care all. Di
Old 07-28-2003, 12:51 AM   #105  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

What's this I hear about Grizzly starting her own thread?!! KOOL the more the better. By the way, where has eveyone been?? It gets lonely overseas.

Anyways, it's pretty hectic over here for me. I'm currently house sitting and inside this house are 5 cats and a dog!! (I know we have some animal lovers here but that's a bit much for me) It's goiung okay but I'm anxiously awaiting the return of the family.

These days I'm feeling a litle bumed that I haven't reached my goal but I have a workout buddy so that's helping. We'll see how that goes

Congrats again Di, I look forward to the new thread!!

-Dips-
Closed Thread