Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215.4

Height: 5'3

Default Help! Am I on the right track????

Hi all, Im new here. I figured I could get some help on this weight loss journey of mine. Just a little warning, I am soooo anxious to lose weight I have never been this size ever. I guess after having my baby I didnt realize what was happening until it did. Now I am 215lbs and my goal weight is 145lbs. For the past 3 weeks I have been eating well and exercising. My breakfast is the same everyday which is just 1/2 cup instant oatmeal that I prepare with water and add about 2tbsp brown sugar. Lunch and dinner is usually the same salmon and veggies or a salad. I am onyly drinking water, and I usually have a mid morning snack and one before dinner. Usually a rice cake or some almonds. The only exercising I have been doing is running or walking but I do about 4 miles 7 days out of the week. I have not seen any results and I am going nuts. After reading a few post Im thinking I should add some weights. Any help would be nice I have no clue what I am doing wrong.
dunsready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Are you counting calories? measuring your serving sizes? are your lunches prepared by you or purchased? if purchased it may not be as healthy as you assume with added sauces or cooked in butter or way too much dressing or toppings

I'd suggest starting to count calories if you aren't already, myfitnesspal is a great resource for tracking and helps determine how many cals you should eat to lose. based on you height and weight I would guesstimate it would put you around 1500-1600 to lose 1 pound a week before exercise is counted and those calories can go alot faster then most people realize.

Last edited by pnkrckpixikat; 05-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215.4

Height: 5'3

I registered with web md and track calories and fitness with them. I am set at a little under 1500 calories and also 250 calories to burn a day. I am always well over 250 burned calories, but I do find it difficult to eat all the calories, im usually always shy around 300-400 calories. Do you think not eating the remaining 3-400 calories is my issue?
dunsready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

it could be, in some cases eating too little can cause a stall. another thing to look at is you nutrient break down (carbs fats and protien) as well as your sodium intake since sodium can cause you to retain water.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote