Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Summertime edema

Temps are bumping well into the 90s here and it makes me so cranky. I am topped up on water, but horribly bloated in my fingers and feet. Sausage ankles. I feel really lethargic. I don't want to go out. I don't want to wear clothes.

I was hoping that with weight loss the summertime edema wouldn't show up. It has gone away for most of the rest of the year, which is good.

Not sure what to do about it. I heard that it takes two weeks to get used to a drastic change in temperatures. I'll be cranky for awhile.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #2  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

My lymph edema is always at its worst in the summer. My weight loss hasn't helped. I just try to wear tight shoes to keep the fluid from settling in my feet. HTCZ doesn't help me at all. I try drinking more water but that doesn't help either.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Do you have high blood pressure? I used to get a lot of swelling in my fingers, feet, and ankles in the heat. Found out I had high BP. Meds corrected it. Not a problem any more and it's a huge relief.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

It's cool here right now but when the temps go up, my feet, ankles and hands swell. I hates it, I does!
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

I just had my bp measured: 108/67. It's the heat.

I've got my feet up and my teeth are floating from all the water I've had. Really, it's just the the heat. One day of high temps and everything gets puffy.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #6  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
I just had my bp measured: 108/67. It's the heat.

I've got my feet up and my teeth are floating from all the water I've had. Really, it's just the the heat. One day of high temps and everything gets puffy.
Same for me...Last summer I wore flip flops all summer and my feet were so swollen. This year I'm fully prepared to keep myself in tight and constrictive shoes.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #7  
Renaissance Woman

Happy to report that today, my ankles have taken shape again. They no longer look like tree stumps. And I can move my fingers around without having them feel like they'll burst.

I actually took a very long nap this morning after not having slept well last night. I think it gave the extra water an opportunity to move from my extremities. The scale is way up on me this morning over Friday, like by three pounds. Hoping it'll all escape via the bathroom very soon!

Temps are down a few degrees and are supposed to drop a bit more over the week. Yeah!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #8  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Yep, same here! Seems anything above 70 degrees and elevated humidity I swell horribly. My hands are so puffy right now. I thought it would get better also with weight loss but heck no, it's just as bad. My scale is showing about two pounds heavier right now and I know it's water weight. Drinking more water has not helped me either.

Dang summer!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote