Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Aww, thanks! I think it's not meant to be mean--comments only hurt me when I wasn't comfortable in my own skin--but it is...interesting!!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
The women I always find most attractive (and, well, you can take this w a grain of salt since I'm into guys) look like I did when I was younger. lol Is that creepy? But it's a very particular look -- severely pear shaped with big strong legs. The media gives this look no play at all, but I know I'm not the only one who likes it bc my dance card was always full back then!
Oh, and BTW, do you know who R. Crumb is? He does cartoons that celebrate that look, and I think it's pretty hot, too!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHungryHippo View Post
Oh, and BTW, do you know who R. Crumb is? He does cartoons that celebrate that look, and I think it's pretty hot, too!
Too funny! I did know about him but hadn't noticed the shape of his female subjects. I love how they're all wearing bobby socks. Being ankle-less, they're the only socks I can pull off. lol
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I've always had a giggle when women say they don't like men with bulgy muscles.

Quite honestly, even being in the sport of weightlifting for 10 years, I've never seen many "bulgy" men, let alone them come and hit on me.

It's like men who complain they hate female bodybuilders. You see them walking around? Do they ask you out on dates?

Let people be, right?
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #20  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I totally agree with Ian about beauty being in the eye of the beholder. I've known men who wouldn't look twice at me because of my size, & men who were attracted to me because of my "fuller figure" (I believe that's the accepted pc term?). Makes no never mind to me as long as no one claims to be a "chubby chaser." That'll only get ya a kick in the junk :-P
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #21  
Warrior Princess

My BF prefers the VS model type, tall with minimal curves (with nice cleavage ) but he doesn't like too skinny either. I'm happy with myself and he doesn't love me any less for having some extra fluff. I think everyone has their preferences, there's no right or wrong IMO. To each their own.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #22  
Blue

S/C/G: 181.4/134.8/115

Height: 5'2 1/2"

Does anyone else see the irony that at 16-18% bodyfat (where most VS models are), except for the rare genetic freak/gifted person, natural breast tissue is virtually non-existent (as it is largely an adipose store)?

I find it interesting that as a society we have created an ideal that is physiologically impossible to acheive without surgical alteration (implants). I'm just as guilty, either through conditioning or some other unknown intrinsic preference - I think the most attractive females (and what I'd want for myself if i could choose), have minimal bodyfat stores but still have C/D cups breasts.
BlueIsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

^That is SO true. I've gotten down to a fairly petite size but my now-34Cs are a miracle of nursing a baby every 2 hours (and don't touch or they'll squirt). Once this baby has decided he's done, back to the A cups we will go.

Everyone wants what is impossible I guess. It's why girls here will subject themselves to skin cancer risk in tanning booths whereas girls in Korea will happily bleach their skin.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I'm sorry people would detract from your achievement with such comments! I realize they probably were not meant to be rude though...still I must stress, CONGRATULATIONS on your success!
On muscles/appearance. I just. don't. care. Am I crazy? I'm probably going to come across as some self-righteous hippie or something, I don't mean it that way, this is just how I feel. To me, there is no external beauty standard. Nothing trumps intelligence, kindness, humor, and a good work ethic. In men or women! These are the traits that make my fiance sexy, not chiseled arms or a "strong jaw line", or designer clothes. The man buys me flowers every week for the **** of it, is smart as a whip, and is an adoring father...he could look like Shrek and I would love him 'til shriveled up and looked like yoda. I reject what the media and free market have handed to us as "attractive", not to say that there is anything wrong with the appearance of "models". I just refuse to categorically rank people based of their appearance. I won't have opinions handed to me by a magazine or TV...and let's fact it, that's the source! Weather we claim to like the buff Vin Diesel or the trim Jude Law...the "curvy" Kim Kardashian or the svelte Giselle...these are representations of "beauty" that were fed to us...they are not organic. From Michelangelo to modern producers, nobody has me convinced that beauty falls within such a narrow band of the spectrum of human diversity.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
So feel good with you, and the men will follow.
This.

I admit I have never had a problem getting men intersted in me, and I have always been on chubby side. I was obese when I was getting married at the sweet age of 19 (mind you I was on high doses of corticosteroids then).

Truth to be told, being thinner (and I had few short spells of being normal weight in my life) always got me more "general" attention, i.e. comments from strangers or getting hit on in bars etc., but even when I was quite...how to put it...well when I had quite a bit of extra weight to lose, I still got asked out by men I wanted to be interested in me. One of the reasons I think is I never considered my weight to be in my way, if you know what I mean.

If you believe you're a catch, you will make others believe it too. If you believe you're not worth it, others will likely to think the same. The choice is yours.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #26  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
Well, I am just shocked that someone would, in response to a compliment to you, go on to say that they don't like your body type, but like something totally different. That is insane!

And I completely agree w other posters that people like all sorts of different things. The women I always find most attractive (and, well, you can take this w a grain of salt since I'm into guys) look like I did when I was younger. lol Is that creepy? But it's a very particular look -- severely pear shaped with big strong legs. The media gives this look no play at all, but I know I'm not the only one who likes it bc my dance card was always full back then!
LOL...I had to laugh at the severely pear shaped with big strong legs. I have crazy thick legs and I've always hated them but men will compliment me on how nice they are and I can't believe it.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #27  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIsis View Post
Does anyone else see the irony that at 16-18% bodyfat (where most VS models are), except for the rare genetic freak/gifted person, natural breast tissue is virtually non-existent (as it is largely an adipose store)?

I find it interesting that as a society we have created an ideal that is physiologically impossible to acheive without surgical alteration (implants). I'm just as guilty, either through conditioning or some other unknown intrinsic preference - I think the most attractive females (and what I'd want for myself if i could choose), have minimal bodyfat stores but still have C/D cups breasts.
You don't need implants, they don't call it "miracle bra" for nothing. It works.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #28  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecomtes View Post
I'm sorry people would detract from your achievement with such comments! I realize they probably were not meant to be rude though...still I must stress, CONGRATULATIONS on your success!
On muscles/appearance. I just. don't. care. Am I crazy? I'm probably going to come across as some self-righteous hippie or something, I don't mean it that way, this is just how I feel. To me, there is no external beauty standard. Nothing trumps intelligence, kindness, humor, and a good work ethic. In men or women! These are the traits that make my fiance sexy, not chiseled arms or a "strong jaw line", or designer clothes. The man buys me flowers every week for the **** of it, is smart as a whip, and is an adoring father...he could look like Shrek and I would love him 'til shriveled up and looked like yoda. I reject what the media and free market have handed to us as "attractive", not to say that there is anything wrong with the appearance of "models". I just refuse to categorically rank people based of their appearance. I won't have opinions handed to me by a magazine or TV...and let's fact it, that's the source! Weather we claim to like the buff Vin Diesel or the trim Jude Law...the "curvy" Kim Kardashian or the svelte Giselle...these are representations of "beauty" that were fed to us...they are not organic. From Michelangelo to modern producers, nobody has me convinced that beauty falls within such a narrow band of the spectrum of human diversity.
The world would implode if everyone held this (ideal and admirable) worldview!

I do love Vin Diesel and the Rock though. Would tackle them both at once. Bahahahaha
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #29  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

@ Lecomtes: You don't sound self-righteous or like a hippie at all. You sound like a logical woman who can think for herself & I agree with you! To me, no matter how physically attractive a person is my concept of their real beauty is based on how I perceive their personality. I've known men or women who were very nice to look at, but their personalities/attitudes made them very unattractive. The reverse is true, too. An average looking person could become the most beautiful to me because of their personality/talents/kindness/etc.

Your fiance sounds wonderful, btw
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #30  
Eat
Random Citizen

S/C/G: 254/237/210

Height: 5'8"

I've known quite a few guys who will only look at stick thin women, but they need to have large breasts as well. I used to think that was just a sitcom, joke type thing. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Body size/shape doesn't matter to me. One of my all time favorites is Ann Wilson of Heart during the Bad Animals era. I think she looks drop dead gorgeous at the 3:29 mark of the Who Will You Run To video. At the same time, I think Evangeline Lilly is extremely attractive.

As stated earlier, eye of the beholder.
Eat is offline   Reply With Quote