I win.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My husband and I had our seventh anniversary of marriage on Monday and we went to my favorite steakhouse. Afterward, on a whim, I had him snap a photo of me so we could commemorate how I looked. I was really pleased to fit into a prepregnancy dress with no shapewear and only six pounds to go before meeting my all-time low weight again.

Then, yesterday my cousin called me and asked for some copies of pictures from our wedding for a video she was coordinating in honor of our grandfather's 80th birthday (my wedding was the last big travel event that both he and my grandmother went on, before she died, and those were the pictures I wanted to find).

Well.

As I was going through the wedding album (and marveling at how round I looked in every picture, and how YOUNG my husband looked compared to today!) I came across my engagement photos. I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped at how BAD I looked. And it wasn't even an unflattering photo, they ALL looked huge no matter the angle. That wasn't even my HIGH weight.

I look hotter seven years and four kids later than I did as a nineteen year old bride, and I'm not even all the way to goal. I suppose I could be depressed at how bad I looked then, but all I can focus on is what a huge, positive change I've undergone since that time. It is an NSV if there ever was one!

Observe! (And my poor husband - I can't believe I made him wear his hair down for that, he looks SO much more like himself with a ponytail!)

Early 2006:

Six weeks postpartum, 2013:

And that's not even a very flattering photo - I look heavier in the picture than in real life and my waist curve is obscured by the angle. But it is still a WOW comparison. And since I'm having a 'I feel fat!' day today, it's been very instructive to remind myself of how far I've come
  • Congratulations! It is a WOW comparison! You are a winner!
  • Oh yeah...you win! Well done!
  • Happy anniversary!!! You both look so happy in your engagement photo, don't be so hard on yourself!

But your current photo, hello HOT MOM/WIFE!!! Omg, you are gorgeous!! And for having a baby 6 weeks ago, nevermind your 4th!! You should be so proud of yourself, you have worked so hard to stay healthy and get healthier!! Love your glasses too, they complete the whole look!!

Congratulations on all your hard work over the years. It's people like you who inspire me to keep on track and know that I will get to goal no matter what.

And only 6 more pounds to your low weight? You got this, girlfriend!!!

And just think of how beautiful you will be at the party for your grandfather.
  • HAPPY ANNIVERSARY....and absolutely AMAZING!!!! You look wonderful and you almost look like a completely different person. This is sooooooo inspiring. Celebrate...you deserve it.
  • You look great!

I have to admit, however, that I thought that the "I Win" thread title - in conjunction with the before picture of you and your husband - was going to be followed by a comparative competition between you and him re: which of you looks better seven years later!
  • Congratulations on your anniversary and on the positive changes you have made since the wedding.

I was not able to open the pictures for some reason but wanted to say congratulations.
  • Quote: You look great!

I have to admit, however, that I thought that the "I Win" thread title - in conjunction with the before picture of you and your husband - was going to be followed by a comparative competition between you and him re: which of you looks better seven years later!
    Haha! That would be tough, he has grown even more handsome with age
  • You look great Arctic Mama! Wish I looked half that good 6 weeks after I had my 4th.....he's 3 and I'm FINALLY getting the baby weight off
  • Quote: Haha! That would be tough, he has grown even more handsome with age
    And I'm sure you're totally unbiased!

You look fantastic--4 kids, 7 years, and you are healthier than ever--congratulations!
  • This is a big victory. Respect!
  • Amazing! Great job!
  • You look great! Congrats on 7 years of marriage!!!!
  • OMG, Arctic--that's so cool!! Congratulations!! (Today is our anniversary. :-)
  • WOW!! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! The comparison between the old and the new you is incredible... but ElvisLover is right -- you do look so happy in the engagement picture; you have a beautiful glow... But now?? WOW!!