Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #1  

Default 31 Days Go Raw May Challenge - Join me any time of the month !

Hello All

I am new to this forum and lately have been reading a lot about the benefits of going raw .This is my "31 Days Go Raw May Challenge": to get rid of excess pounds. I have been reading a lot about raw food and I want to find out myself how much weight one can lose in a month on a completely 100% raw diet.

Here is my meal plan:
Breakfast: Green Smoothies
Lunch & Dinner: Salads
Snacks: Nuts and Fruits (I snack 2-3 times during the day)
Drink 6-8 ounces of water every 1-2 hrs. during the day

Progress so far:
Start Date - 4/29/2013 Weight 191.6
Today - 187.6
Goal for this week - Go below 185 by 5/11/2013

It’s getting difficult as each day passes by but I try to keep myself motivated hanging in there
Meenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Going raw as a means to lose weight is not the best idea in my opinion. The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to create and maintain dietary habits you can live with forever. Losing weight following a diet that is tempoary means you'll revert back to the habits that got you over weight in the first place.

I'm pretty far from unconvinced as far as raw eating from a lifestyle point of view as well but that is another conversation.

Anyways - best of luck to you.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Going raw as a means to lose weight is not the best idea in my opinion. The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to create and maintain dietary habits you can live with forever. Losing weight following a diet that is tempoary means you'll revert back to the habits that got you over weight in the first place.

I'm pretty far from unconvinced as far as raw eating from a lifestyle point of view as well but that is another conversation.

Anyways - best of luck to you.
Hello John thank u for responding
I completely agree what u say maintaining dietary habits you can live with forever is so right. I am not ready to give up on all the good food but I wouldn't mind changing some percentage of my diet to be raw for the benefits sake. I have heard and read stories about so many people losing weight by eating just veggies and fruits so I am going to give it a shot
Meenaa is offline   Reply With Quote