Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #1  

Default NSV--blood test results

As most of you know, I'm on a medically supervised diet and see my doctor's office every week for monitoring. On average, I eat about 1100-1200 a day and then subtract out 300-400 in exercise. I have been on my plan since last July and I love it. I was in a very desperate place and I was so lucky to find a way to help myself.

I had bloodwork done throughout the months and thought I'd share the numbers as I was pleasantly surprised. And I will disclose, for someone who weighed over 300lbs for quite a few months, my bloodwork wasn't that bad to start with (I don't know why either with all the crap I consumed).

Total
Cholest.
July-150
Today-102

HDL (good cholesterol)
July-40
Today-45

Triglyc.
July-103
Today-82

LDL (bad cholesterol)
July-89
Today-86

Glucose
July-84
Today-79

I haven't spoken to my doctor about them yet but I'm sure we will next week (I get too nervous to wait for the results so I get them myself!)

I hope he might be happy, they either improved a lot or stayed the same so I think that's a good thing! There were a few more things that he tested for but I don't know enough about them as far as weightloss but I know the cholesterol and blood sugar are the big ones.

What a difference 9 months of healthy eating can do for a body (nevermind the weightloss!). I'm stronger mentally, physically and now internally with the bloodwork results. And I plan to improve those numbers as best I can in the next 9 months!

Feeling great today!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #2  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Awesome NSV Elvis!!

You should be extremely proud of yourself....which I'm sure you are.
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #3  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Awesome, Evlis!

Funny enough, I just posted in one of the NSV threads last week about a blood test result. My wife just had her follow up with our doctor last week and got her blood results. While she was there, she asked about mine and he said "I wish MY levels were that good!" Like you, I've always had low cholesterol and otherwise good blood levels - even when I was at my highest weight. I guess certain people are just blessed with good genes. I have friends who are thin who have cholesterol levels in the mid 200s and have to be on medication!
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #4  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Those are some awesome changes! If you don't mind my asking, how has your blood pressure changed? I had to start BP meds about two years ago because my rapid weight gain had elevated my BP a bit & my dr didn't want to let it get out of control as I was only 25 @ the time. I'm hoping losing 100lbs will eliminate the need for meds.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Super yay! Congrats!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #6  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

You are fantastic and have done so well and should be very very proud of yourself!!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #7  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Nice!!!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #8  

Thanks, everyone!! If someone like me can improve my numbers, then anyone can!

And Joe, I know someone like that too!! She looks like the epitome of health and beauty but she eats crap and has awful bloodwork. People would assume I had the bad bloodwork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
Those are some awesome changes! If you don't mind my asking, how has your blood pressure changed? I had to start BP meds about two years ago because my rapid weight gain had elevated my BP a bit & my dr didn't want to let it get out of control as I was only 25 @ the time. I'm hoping losing 100lbs will eliminate the need for meds.
Hi KeepMovingForward! Thanks! My blood pressure is wonderful right now (runs about 117/80 pretty consistently--when I have a chance, I'll go through my paperwork and get the numbers, I keep a weekly log.) To compare it to my weightloss might be a little tough as I have awful WCS (white coat syndrome!) and in the beginning I was very nervous about a lot of stuff so it was elevated due to stress and anxiety. Even last week with my small gain my blood pressure went through the roof (171/90) and the nurse flew to get the doctor (he knows I get nervous very easily) and it was normal before I left their office. The day of one my surgeries my blood pressure was 177/100 and again a nurse was like "Are you ok?" So I never had to take BP meds, mine is all anxiety driven but a note on my chart says "hypertension", it should say "afraid of all of you" . If I get my BP done at places like Walgreens or CVS with the self-serve monitors it's always normal and I mark those down to show my doctor so they can put it in my chart. Also if I stop by their office for paperwork or whatever, they take it randomly as I'm in a calm state. It's like once I know I have to sit on the exam room bed, through the roof it goes! But in your case, 100lbs will be a drastic improvement!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'd be eating my arm off on that diet - now I'm even more impressed with your drive. And those test results are AWESOME! Bravo!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

Thats great! Health definitely comes before weight loss, and you've made a HUGE accomplishment!
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #11  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Hi KeepMovingForward! Thanks! My blood pressure is wonderful right now (runs about 117/80 pretty consistently--when I have a chance, I'll go through my paperwork and get the numbers, I keep a weekly log.) To compare it to my weightloss might be a little tough as I have awful WCS (white coat syndrome!) and in the beginning I was very nervous about a lot of stuff so it was elevated due to stress and anxiety. Even last week with my small gain my blood pressure went through the roof (171/90) and the nurse flew to get the doctor (he knows I get nervous very easily) and it was normal before I left their office. The day of one my surgeries my blood pressure was 177/100 and again a nurse was like "Are you ok?" So I never had to take BP meds, mine is all anxiety driven but a note on my chart says "hypertension", it should say "afraid of all of you" . If I get my BP done at places like Walgreens or CVS with the self-serve monitors it's always normal and I mark those down to show my doctor so they can put it in my chart. Also if I stop by their office for paperwork or whatever, they take it randomly as I'm in a calm state. It's like once I know I have to sit on the exam room bed, through the roof it goes! But in your case, 100lbs will be a drastic improvement!!!
Lol, mine hits the ceiling @ the thought of going to a doctor's office so I totally get it. You do have wonderful blood pressure though! I just thought you may have experienced some changes with it, along with all of your other changes. And now that I think about it, I've never tracked mine outside of a clinical situation. Maybe I should.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote