Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Mother View Post
That is SO the reason! Haha, love it.

I can completely relate. This month is bike to work month. Me and my big mouth, I was so excited and talking about it at work, and this one girl is like, "Oh man! Can I ride WITH you!?" 'Sure....' Crap, yeh, I don't want to have to worry about anyone but myself, ya know? Even with my b/f, we tried to go to the gym a few times together but it just didn't work. We are too good at talking eachother out of it, no matter how good our intentions are.

I agree with everyone above that maybe doing it occasionally with her would be a good thing. I have found that when I work out occasionally with others I am introduced to new ideas/concepts, and sometimes I even push myself harder. It is good to have a balance.

And who knows if she will ever actually hit you up to do it.
Thanks 100Mother!! You are right, she might actually never ask!! And I know, maybe I will gain something from it. I am trying to keep positive!

I already texted my husband at work all about it (like he has nothing else to do!!) and I was very careful to send it to him and not to her by accident (that would be my stupid luck not paying attention! And I didn't say anything bad, I wouldn't do that. More about the stress part...).

I'm serious, she must have seen my svelte 199lbs walking down the street and said "I'd walk with that!!". LMAO just kidding, there is nothing svelte about any part of me. I'm getting delirious now, must be all this caffeine I had this morning!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Whatever, I'm going to be svelte when I get to 199! Haha. I won't even be humble about my fine you know what

I think that is my new word, 'svelte'!
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #18  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

You are way over thinking this, IMHO. If she follows up, go for a walk with her. Not one of your exercise walks, but an extra walk in the day. Use it as social time, not exercise time.

I agree, though. I don't want to exercise with other people either, and just tell them so.

Don't be intimidated... She asked you. You should be flattered.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Yes, totally true. I curse myself with many things haha. As far as a workout partner goes, I simply don't like them. Either they are slowing me down or I feel like I am slowing them down and I would rather be alone and bang it out when I have the energy, or slow it down when I'm exhausted. Plus I can't walk and talk very easily, I get out of breath when I try to talk. I'd rather pop my headphones in and just do my thing.
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
You are way over thinking this, IMHO. If she follows up, go for a walk with her. Not one of your exercise walks, but an extra walk in the day. Use it as social time, not exercise time.

I agree, though. I don't want to exercise with other people either, and just tell them so.

Don't be intimidated... She asked you. You should be flattered.
Thanks newleaf!! Overthinking is the story of my life!

I meant to tell you, LOVE the new profile picture!! Every single one you post is always so flattering! This new one reminds me of Christine Baranski who plays an attorney on the Good Wife. So pretty!

(I know you are younger than her but I think you have similar features and both of you are so pretty!)

Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skettihead03 View Post
Yes, totally true. I curse myself with many things haha. As far as a workout partner goes, I simply don't like them. Either they are slowing me down or I feel like I am slowing them down and I would rather be alone and bang it out when I have the energy, or slow it down when I'm exhausted. Plus I can't walk and talk very easily, I get out of breath when I try to talk. I'd rather pop my headphones in and just do my thing.
Exactly!!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I really dislike working out with other people. A friend/coworker said recently that she knows I'm "weird" about it. The thing is, I have no other time to myself. I'm a single mom and I go from one thing to the next without time to think. My child is young and I literally have to rush from work to gym to pick her up at the last possible after care time at school, then she goes to dance, girl scouts, has homework, dinner, bath, etc.

The gym time is my release, both physically and mentally and the last thing that I want to do is make it about someone else. I don't want to talk, I want to get all my thinking done. That is MY time, lol!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #23  
Heidi

Thanks for the compliments elvis. In real life I'm not particularly pretty. I consider myself average looking. But I know how to snap a flattering photo with my ipad LOL
Old 05-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Yeah, Beth, I've definitely been remiss in keeping track of what's going on. My life right now seems to be taking people to the airport or else going to doctor visits. But hopefully by the end of the month the vast majority of both will be finished!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #25  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

if you put the ball in her court and make it up to her to come along , like "let me know when you'd like to walk with me!" its likely that she never will follow up on it

I can't begin to count the number of people who have "wanted to work out" with me or even just "go for a walk" and i'll never hear from them again...I would like to have someone occasionally to work out with but I will NEVER EVER hear from anyone again about it
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #26  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post

I can't begin to count the number of people who have "wanted to work out" with me or even just "go for a walk" and i'll never hear from them again...I would like to have someone occasionally to work out with but I will NEVER EVER hear from anyone again about it
Isn't this the truth?
Especially if they haven't been walking or active on their own.

Do you think you would enjoy walking with her? Do you enjoy spending time with her?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #27  

I do like her as a person and I guess we'd find something to talk about. My husband and her husband do stuff together (golf, hang out for beers, etc.) but I'm a pretty anxious person (in case you can't tell already!) and tend to stay home. Plus when I was bigger, I never wanted to be embarrassed around them, esp. since she's so thin (I mean, twig thin). I know it's not her fault and I'm not blaming any of this on her, it's all my problem. (I was probably 180lbs when we moved here 8 years ago so I wasn't thin but I wasn't my 328 either...).

Of course I saw her again when I was outside with the dog but she was taking the kids somewhere. I swear I haven't seen her in like 6 months and now 3x today LOL!

I guess I was just dumbfounded that she asked to walk with me. I never saw her exercise one bit and I swear if she starts talking about losing 10lbs like my husband's cousin did at my doctor's office I will spin my head right off!! (Not that she can't want to lose 10lbs if she wants to, I'm just not in a place to support any one like that, know what I mean?)

Then I was thinking afterwards, I'm being such a biotch about all of this and writing about it here and maybe she thinks that *I* want the company on my walks. I know my husband and her husband have talked a bit about my doctor's appointments and stuff so maybe she is reaching out to be kind to me. And if that's the case, I feel like such a jerk!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #28  
Heidi

Now that I'm not home I can get past the Net Nanny and see the photo you posted. You are right, we do share a look in common. Probably share the same Eastern European roots...
Old 05-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #29  

OMG new leaf, I was thinking afterwards that maybe I shouldn't tell people when they remind of someone in case they don't agree or get insulted.

In my opinion, this lady looks so good on the Good Wife and when I saw your new profile pic I instantly compared you to her!! So please know that I meant it in the most flattering way!! And with the pics you have shared here, I think you are much prettier than average!! Don't sell yourself short!!

The picture wasn't that big when I uploaded it, not sure why it was such a closeup of her!! (I'm new with this picture thing in case you can't tell!!)
Old 05-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #30  
Heidi

Ok, home now. I looked her up -- I know her better as MaryAnne from Cybill LOL. She is of Polish descent; I am of Hungarian/Russian/Yugoslavian descent so sort of the same neck of the woods. Anyway, I agree - she is very pretty. Has that look of strength about her. I like the comparison! Thanks again for the compliments! Good thing this is your thread, otherwise I would never side-track like this!!