3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Wow, you lost a TON!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
elvislover324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,689

Default Wow, you lost a TON!

"Wow, you lost a TON!"

Said the neighbor up the street that I never talked to before...

I thought I would die from embarrassment. Thank God the dog and the husband were with me! My husband knows this guy from "man talk" with the guys in the neighborhood but I didn't!

My husband reached and squeezed my hand after that comment came with some small talk we were having with him on our walk.

During the walk home, my husband said this guy is very direct in all his conversations and not to be offended. So after he said that, I smiled and agreed. I *have* lost a ton!

I hope it might have something to do with the fact that I had on nice clothes too and not my standard workout gear!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Heidi
 
newleaf123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,963

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Default

My sister said that to me after I had lost about 25 pounds. I found it very embarrassing, especially since when I demurred, she kept insisting. But whatever... What she must think now!
__________________
Original Goal Met



Working on losing some bloat...





newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 922

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default

lol. I get a lot of those kind of comments, but usually more tactful! Normally the word "ton" doesn't get thrown out! I'm guessing it was that word that made you feel embarrassed, right? I wouldn't imagine you'd be embarrassed if he had chosen his words more carefully, would you?
__________________


Started out at 405.5 on 7/31/12. Then lost 156 lbs to get down to 249.5 by 7/31/13. In the past year I have put back on over 40 pounds and reached a high of 291.5. But I have recommitted myself and quickly took off ten pounds by 7/31/14. I am now trying to take off the weight I put back on, and then lose the rest of the weight I was originally trying to lose. ‹---- Starting weight / Low weight / Current Weight / Goal Weight
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Sue finding inner song
 
wannaskipandlaugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port St. Lucie FL
Posts: 4,074

S/C/G: 320/243.6/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Default

Oh that was sweet of your hubby and how cool (unless there were alot of other people around) of a non-friend man to say that outloud. I kinda take it as a compliment. He coulda wolf whistled you when you were alone LOL. (I know that you are a private person but I hope the inside person is beaming!!) and I love that your husband held your hand
__________________


Mini Goal 10% off (289) 4/14/13 #2 50lbs (270) 6/18/13 # 3 1/2 way (240) 1/18/14 #4 100lbs (220) 6/5/14 #5 (199)

You have to believe it first and then you will see it!!

1 for every 10 lbs lost

to Rauros Falls 1309 miles
traveled: 1060.75 (exercise miles only) started 3/1/13
Remaining: 248.25 - Rauros Falls!
Walk 2015 current 39 X's =
162.65 miles walked. High steps 20791 10.18.14
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
elvislover324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,689

Default

I haven't seen my sister, newleaf, since I lost about 40lbs. She might include a couple of colorful words when she sees me now LOL!

And Joe, yes, the filter of not saying "ton" would have been nice!! I told my husband that the neighbor's wife must have been thin her whole life as no husband would ever say "ton" to a woman!! (I missed you posting these last few weeks, I saw you on the jeans thread and commented to you. Glad to see you back!!)
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
elvislover324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,689

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Oh that was sweet of your hubby and how cool (unless there were alot of other people around) of a non-friend man to say that outloud. I kinda take it as a compliment. He coulda wolf whistled you when you were alone LOL. (I know that you are a private person but I hope the inside person is beaming!!) and I love that your husband held your hand
Very true, Sue! I think I was more shocked that he noticed and called me out on it!! I do walk our street day and night so maybe he waited for me to be with my husband or....maybe he didn't realize I was the same woman!!

My husband is the best, we have our secret signals to each other after all this time (squeezing each other's hand 3x means "I love you", yep we are goofy!) and he can read me like no one else. He must have seen the panicky embarrassment run over my face!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
On a break with Baby #5
 
Arctic Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 3,754

S/C/G: 257 /ticker/ 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Default

I always just assume someone is complimenting me, however clumsily . Your husband made a good call!
__________________
Taryl - http://www.aurorafiberarts.com/weightloss

Weight loss since Oct 2008:
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
Sue finding inner song
 
wannaskipandlaugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port St. Lucie FL
Posts: 4,074

S/C/G: 320/243.6/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Default

Oh.... I love to hear of a love/best friend/partner life like you have. You make me happy(for you) and hopefull just reading that. (and JoeFla is right... Ton is not a good word.. but your neighbor just must have realized who you were and that word jumped outta his mouth and we know how "some" men are )
__________________


Mini Goal 10% off (289) 4/14/13 #2 50lbs (270) 6/18/13 # 3 1/2 way (240) 1/18/14 #4 100lbs (220) 6/5/14 #5 (199)

You have to believe it first and then you will see it!!

1 for every 10 lbs lost

to Rauros Falls 1309 miles
traveled: 1060.75 (exercise miles only) started 3/1/13
Remaining: 248.25 - Rauros Falls!
Walk 2015 current 39 X's =
162.65 miles walked. High steps 20791 10.18.14
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
elvislover324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,689

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
I always just assume someone is complimenting me, however clumsily . Your husband made a good call!
Exactly Arctic Mama!! I could tell this guy was so happy for me and it was definitely a compliment. I just hated that he knew I was big before but I know I was and there is nothing I can do about it! And I know my husband is proud of me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Oh.... I love to hear of a love/best friend/partner life like you have. You make me happy(for you) and hopefull just reading that. (and JoeFla is right... Ton is not a good word.. but your neighbor just must have realized who you were and that word jumped outta his mouth and we know how "some" men are )
Awww, Sue, my husband really is the best. We have been through so much (not me and him having issues, just things in our life on both sides of the family) and I thank my lucky stars for him every day. And you are right, it was just a man thing to say! He was genuinely happy for me, I could tell that much!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Lecomtes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 605

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Default

I'm glad your hubby helped you to see the man may not have meant to be so obnoxious. I would have been embarrassed too probably. I guess some people are just trying to be kind and aren't sensitive to others experiences. I am starting to understand that a little better.
My dad saw me for the first time since losing some weight the other day and he said, "I've never seen you so thin." I thought...hmm, that's strange since you've known me since I weighed 8lbs and I can hardly be classified at thin at well over 200 lbs. BUT, I'm learning to accept my father's comments. He was trying to be complementary and I'll take what I can get since he's been extremely critical in the past. My fiance helped me see the lighter side of that situation. Some men are true blessings, I'm so glad your hubby was beautifully supportive!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a motivator!
__________________
MFP username yesterdayusaid2morrow

Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
elvislover324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,689

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecomtes View Post
I'm glad your hubby helped you to see the man may not have meant to be so obnoxious. I would have been embarrassed too probably. I guess some people are just trying to be kind and aren't sensitive to others experiences. I am starting to understand that a little better.
My dad saw me for the first time since losing some weight the other day and he said, "I've never seen you so thin." I thought...hmm, that's strange since you've known me since I weighed 8lbs and I can hardly be classified at thin at well over 200 lbs. BUT, I'm learning to accept my father's comments. He was trying to be complementary and I'll take what I can get since he's been extremely critical in the past. My fiance helped me see the lighter side of that situation. Some men are true blessings, I'm so glad your hubby was beautifully supportive!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a motivator!
Awww, you are too sweet Lecomtes!! But you are so right, we have to see the blessings in the compliments. I think I was more shocked that he was so boisterous in his comments but with a big smile and totally complimentary!! I was taken aback I think. And I haven't perfected the "thank you" part of the compliments yet that I should be doing, I always make excuses or reasons for my weightloss. This time I was so shocked I kept silent! I'm glad your fiancé seems like my husband, totally down to earth and doesn't read into things. I wish I was more like that, my husband never sees the negative possibility things like I do. And I have a feeling my neighbor must be the same way, he probably didn't realize the "ton" comment could be taken any other way than "a lot". At least that's what I'm going with at this point!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Thedollylala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Floriduh
Posts: 950

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default

My fave is when they shout it across the room with several others in there.
__________________


May daily weigh in

Till I hit mini goal!!!
Mini goal #1 200 getting back fit!
Mini goal #2 175 lower bmi range
Mini goal #3 160
Final goal !!! 145
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #13
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 922

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I haven't seen my sister, newleaf, since I lost about 40lbs. She might include a couple of colorful words when she sees me now LOL!

And Joe, yes, the filter of not saying "ton" would have been nice!! I told my husband that the neighbor's wife must have been thin her whole life as no husband would ever say "ton" to a woman!! (I missed you posting these last few weeks, I saw you on the jeans thread and commented to you. Glad to see you back!!)
Thanks Elvis. I always enjoy reading your posts too.
__________________


Started out at 405.5 on 7/31/12. Then lost 156 lbs to get down to 249.5 by 7/31/13. In the past year I have put back on over 40 pounds and reached a high of 291.5. But I have recommitted myself and quickly took off ten pounds by 7/31/14. I am now trying to take off the weight I put back on, and then lose the rest of the weight I was originally trying to lose. ‹---- Starting weight / Low weight / Current Weight / Goal Weight
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
elvislover324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,689

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedollylala View Post
My fave is when they shout it across the room with several others in there.
OMG thedollylala, there isn't enough hand-holding my husband could do in that situation. I'd crawl under a rock and hide...I don't like attention anyways but that would stress me to the max!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
ReillyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: WA state
Posts: 584

S/C/G: 260/155/155

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedollylala View Post
My fave is when they shout it across the room with several others in there.
haha this! ^

My friend works at Boeing Everett WA plant and they're notorious for lay offs. After an extended lay off, they called people back. My friend (she's statuesque and beautiful and was probably about 30 lbs overweight) was in a PACKED elevator and when it dinged open, standing right in front of her on the opposite side of the door (along with a lot of other people) was an older asian gentleman she used to work with.
He took one look at her and in his asian accent said "Mrs. Benson! You have gotten FAT!"
talk about wanting to d i e !!
__________________
Susie
ReillyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the meanest thing someone said to you because of your weight? Gamecockgrrl 100 lb. Club 148 10-16-2012 06:02 PM
It just hit me...like a ton of bricks! YAAY! StellarGirl 100 lb. Club 34 03-06-2010 10:08 PM
Losing a Ton on Core Board Thirty One Vickie Simply Filling/Core 258 10-28-2005 05:57 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2