Little bit of a meltdown right now

• I've been steadily losing weight. 20 lbs down which I'm so proud of. however, the scale hasn't moved at all the past 6 days.

In that 6 days, I've had my period and haven't exercised much other than a 30 minute walk yesterday. I've stuck on plan 100%. haven't gone over calories.

I know I need to exercise, this week has just been crazy in my life. I'm starting back up tomorrow. But to not have lost ANYTHING and kept my diet the same? I posted another thread about me starting my diet at 1600 calories. Maybe I need to bump that up? I'm just afraid if I eat MORE, I'll throw my progress out the window.

What is going onnnnn?
  • I've had times where the scale hasn't moved for over a month. Stalls happen but it will move again. If you haven't gained then that's great. Just keep at it and get back to exercising when life simmers down. It will start to move again.
  • It could be water weight from TOM. I never weigh myself at that time b/c I usually end up with a couple pound gain that goes away right after. Keep at it. hugs
  • Thanks. I'm going to try upping my calories for the weekend, then back down during the week with one lower day then usual. See how that goes.

I'm hoping it's just water weight, but I don't feel any bit bloated (TOM is gone now). We'll see I guess. Thanks again
  • Very well could be water weight concealing any loss. You will see it start coming off again soon!
  • It could be your period masking the losses with the water weight. I'd wait at least a week after your period is done. I do understand your frustration though! Just keep doing what you're doing and it will come off! Easier said than done.
  • I'm in the middle of a month long stall. Be patient and keep working hard. You'll get there.
  • I have a pattern of loss that I've noticed. From TOM to ovulation I bounce around 2-3 lbs. my cycles are long so I deal with that for 20ish days. Then the next 10-14 days I have a consistent loss of about 6-10 lbs. maybe you have a natural way your body loses weight. Weight loss is not linear.
  • I literally stayed between 140-143 for 4 weeks. No lie. I worked out harder, dieted better, etc etc. And that scale did not budge. I was at 139 for 3 days and yesterday I was back up to 140.3. It's discouraging but you just gotta keep at it. The weight won't come off in a week and it's a slow process. You should be proud you lost 20 pounds - that's great! Just keep at it and don't get discouraged.
  • Write this on a piece of paper and stick it somewhere where you can read it: To gain 1 lb you need to eat 3500 calories in excess.

If you did not eat that much, it is water weight due to TOM. My weight fluctuates up to 6 lbs. It is normal. Stress can also affect it. Weight loss is one thing. Maintaining the weight is actually even more important. You did that.
  • Just keep doing what you're doing. My weight stayed the same and just fluctuated between a few ounces for 3 weeks before. Eventually everything will just whoosh off at once probably.
  • Thanks everyone. I guess I just need reassurance. I need that with a lot of my life. I used to be a bit of a hypochondriac when I was younger, and there are still traces of that mindset left in me evidently. I guess I just don't 'feel' like my TOM is still affecting me. But I guess it's only been 2 days since it stopped. Now that I look in the mirror and try to "suck in", I am a bit bloated.

All I keep telling myself is how excited I am to be purchasing a bicycle tomorrow!

Ahh i love you guys for keeping me sane.