Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #1  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

Red face Dieting Help

Right now I am stuck stuck stuck!!! I lost a bunch of weight last year and got down to my dream weight of 132!!
After a breakup and alot of other stressors in life I am not back up to 155 and I can feel the difference in my body. I have been on this journey for so long trying to see what foods work for me and what doesnt. I dont eat dairy and only eat wheat bread on occassion. I exercise every day except for saturday when I take a rest day. Mon-Thur I do a circuit training high intensity class and a kick boxing class at a local fight club in my area. Friday I do personal training with my trainer which includes alot of lifting. Sunday I have a 5 hour dance rehearsal bc I am a professional dancer/

My diet is the same everyday:
Breakfast- 2 eggs, 3 egg whites, spinach, mushrooms, and a chicken sausage( al fresco, 60 cals)

Snack- apple and almond butter

lunch- salad with chicken and balsamic dressing (bolthouse)

snack- quest protein bar/ or nut thins and salsa

dinner- fish,turkey, or chicken (lean) 4-5 ozs, and a side of steamed veggies.

I count my calories with my fitness pal. I just gave up my weight watchers account a month or two ago. I drink a ton of water and gave up diet coke a few months ago.

I do however drink on ocassion and feel like I cant say no. Should I shut that out completely.

I just need some kind of guidance! Thank you! I want to loose twenty pounds

When i was skinny before I was running every morning on a empty stomach, but I am so tired at night after two hours of working out I can never get up! I also ate alot less and drank alot of fruit and diet coke.

Last edited by Mabenda0; 04-30-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

From what you've listed, it sounds like you're eating 1500 calories, but is that enough for your level of activity?

Have you thought about changing your macros?

And how long have you been "stuck"?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #3  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

What does macros mean? And I been stuck at 155 for about 4 months now! the weight is not moving! And I work out hard!!!

Last edited by Mabenda0; 04-30-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Macros = macronutrients

Food is divided usually into the three macros - carbohydrates, protein, and fats.

Everyone is different, so we process these foods differently. Some people love eating a lot of meals that have high percentages of carbohydrates because it gives them energy. But carbs doesn't only mean a slice of bread. Bread, of course, has carbs, which is why some people refer to it as a "carb" but it also probably has a smidge of protein and fat. All foods have a little bit of each of these, some more than others.

So, if you're eating 75% carbs, 25% protein, and 0% fat, then maybe you need to change the percentage. In your case, you sound like you're eating low-carb but I don't know your percentage without knowing serving sizes.

The other question I have about your food and being stuck at that weight for a while is how often are you eating that exact meal you posted above?

Every day?

Three times a week?

When you "cheat" -- what are you cheating with?

When you drink alcohol -- how much and what types?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

That sounds pretty good! If you need to cut, though, maybe replace the second snack with a calorie-free beverage, and cut out the almond butter on the apple. I'm thinking that will get you almost a pound a week.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote