Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - April 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-29-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

I posted this in the March thread. I want to get my fun mojo back. I am going back to my old school way of doing things. We'll see how this works out for a month.

I am changing my workout rotation for the Month of April. I had a different workout style while I was losing weight and it seemed to work well for me. I did mostly cardio and cardio with light weights. I have done more weight training and heavier weight training in the last year and a half than I have ever done. I'm not necessarily impressed. I have faced a multitude of struggles in that time, too, so I can't blame one thing or another. I have a difficult time building muscle mass and maintaining it. I have went through various stages with my weight lifting with good results but it's too hard to maintain it. I had the start of that V in the abdomen area when I did Insanity, I got a nice perky butt with with 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme, but I haven't been able to maintain these results. I do have nice biceps, and have been able to keep them.

Weight training makes me feel stressed because it's so much work for me. It hurts (at the time, but not long lasting like from DOMS. I don't seem to get DOMS from weight training, anymore), it wears me out, I have to take all the weights out, put the weights back, worry about people walking in on me, etc. I don't have to deal with all of that with cardio.

It seems obvious that I need some weight training, to maintain my muscle, but I don't know how much. It seems like it would be best to do something that I like and doesn't stress me. Also, it makes sense to have fun with my cardio. Also, with weights, I prefer doing one routine and not changing things up. I also want to keep the routine simple. I don't want to have to think or figure things out. No functional fitness moves, just basic stuff.

So, for the month of April I want to have fun with my workouts. I plan on doing 2 days of Project You Full Body Circuit and fun cardio and/or cardio with light weights. I want to get back to having fun instead of doing programs and lifting heavy weights like everyone says you should do. I tried doing what people say you should do and I didn't like it.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-31-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #3  
banned

Height: 5'3

First!

Meal 1

Oatmeal: 150 calories
Peanut butter: 210 calories
Dark cocoa powder: 20 calories
Ground flax seed: 30 calories
Soy milk: 40 calories
HUGE banana: 120 calories
Stevia/Splenda: N/A
Sugar In The Raw: 20 calories

Meal 2

2 Boca burgers: 140 calories
2 Whole wheat buns: 260 calories
2 Slices of cheese: 120 calories
Pile of steamed green beans w/ margarine & granulated garlic: 150 calories

Total calories: 1260

Last edited by Silver Sky; 03-31-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar. 1 tea, milk no sugar.
1 open raw mushroom sandwich

Lunch: salad (corn, cheese, lettuce, mushrooms, ham, cockles (don't ask), croutons)

Dinner: Beer (Green Flash West Coast IPA)

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Tiled the floor of the new bathroom I am building

Last edited by IanG; 03-31-2013 at 08:33 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #5  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I am going to try and come back this month. Not really sure where I am, healthwise, or when it will be sorted out. But yesterday, while DH was doing some interview snipit for some kind of recording/show gig thing, I went hiking in the same town. I meant to follow an easy trail, but a few times it got tough going up. I ended up sitting down and hoping I wouldn't pass out or fall down the dumb mountain as I went on the loneliest trail possible. DH called somewhere in the middle of the climb and said, he was ready to pick me up at the entrance of the state park...I said, I had no idea where the heck I was or how long it would take to find my way back. At one point I was worried, it wouldn't circle back. I so didn't think I could go down as easy as I went up, unless I rolled But luck was on my side, it circled back to the main path where tons of people were walking and talking all around...I haven't seen people in a month, kinda weird to smile at people again.

Weight wise, it's finally stopped going up and is now stabalizing so I am hoping that is a good sign. I haven't had proper medication long enough to see actual improvements, so I'm thinking the spurts of energy are freak occurances, but I'll take them. We are still trying to work out way to get me fed on a regular basis and I've even sat outside in the sun on Friday, course I fell asleep while my dog ran away I was just happy to see the sunlight, I of course my flesh never saw it as I wore a hoodie (I can't seem to get warm even in a hot shower, but hopefully that'll change soon). I ate dinner downstairs today with my family...so baby steps, I might be on the mend and look Spring is here...I'd love to put my walking shoes on and start walking again.

I am hoping April is a wonderful month for all.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

Hi everyone!

I looked at my beginning/ending numbers for March. I started at 160 and ended at 159.4. I basically maintained for the month. Not exactly happy with that, but I suppose it's better than a gain. Still working toward my goal of 150.

Silver Sky Good job sticking to your plan.

Ian Hi and Welcome! Tiling the floor is hard work for sure!

Mamakat Welcome back. Sending you good strength this month. Wishing you the very best for April. Dang! I'm glad you found your way out of that maze!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Jumping in again too. I'll go back to March's thread and catch up with the reading, but I was here so I thought I would post.

Had a couple bad eating days. A lot of stress with family, boyfriend, etc and I won't say I comfort ate exactly, but I was more in a 'minimize the importance of good decisions' mode.

I think yesterday and today I was definitely over on calories, before it was probably at maintenance. TOM should start tomorrow so that also will, hopefully, send a positive vibe my way.

I did my final weigh in at 151.5 lbs this morning. So officially 4 pounds for March. Can't say I am exactly thrilled with that result. Though, we all know a loss is a positive and I'm not going to play the game where you take a good result and get bummed about it, because it's not a GREAT result.

Goal for April is to FEEL LIKE SPRING!! And, of course, stay on the weight loss train and see where this baby is headed.

I think we are due a really good month and I'm looking forward to all of us blossoming into our healthier selves with the new Season.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

mamakat good to see you back!!

diana moderation didnt work so well for me today either....with easter AND a birthday party...i know i had to much chocolate, so much so that i fell asleep in my chair at the end of the afternoon....but i really DID have a busy weekend too...i know that the inositol and 5htp helped me still though because i didnt feel those urges to just stuff my face...i did eat, and i ate more than i should have, but not because i felt mentally driven/tortured to do so

im going to eat a healthier dinner and get back on track tomorrow
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: Unknown (Easter, didn't count)
Weigh In: 161
Up: 1.6 pounds
Old 04-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #10  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Didn't count calories yesterday due to the holiday. Today's weight was 180.8. Totally bloated.

Gonna drink my meal replacement shake and take a walk around the building. Not at all hungry today.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #11  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
Totally bloated. Not at all hungry today.
I can totally relate! AND don't get me started on the thirsties that I had last night! I don't get the thirsties from my normal eating. Eating off plan is fun but totally sucks at the same time. AND why don't we remember the bad things about eating off plan prior to eating off plan.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/254/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, Diana. I'd love to join your group!

I'm going to try to remember your quote as the day rolls along - I love it! I definitely need to do what I've got to do.

I am counting calories at the moment, though I have used several weight loss plans in the past. Who knows - to get this 100 pounds off, I may jump around and try different plans. Boredom is my enemy.

260 calories for breakfast so far. Targeting 1500 for the day.

Good luck to all!
Terese2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #13  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone

So plan for today is laundry, mostly. While I'll, the family wore absolutely every stitch of clothing. Can no one toss in a load? Since I was the taxi this morning, I was asked for clean clothes. I decided, instead of watching Netflix while I waited, I'd go for a short walk. I might do it one more time today...we'll see how I manage in the next hour, two miles is a good start. I don't want to overdo and relapse. I have some DOM's from climbing the mountain, but mostly my feet feel bruised, they're in shock. They've forgotten walking, let alone hiking. I definitely put on the aesic's this morning.

Laundry time...thanks for the welcome back! Have a great day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/144/98

Height: 5'1''

I decided that this month I will really buckle down and lose weight!!

I am in college and we have this absolutely delicious but highly caloric night menu. even worse, it's so bad consuming that many calories at night near midnight but I can't help it.

I decided to give up the night menu, and from now on I will end my dinner on a lighter stomach with fruit.
Tinnykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/144/98

Height: 5'1''

Quick question:

how do you guys keep the motivation coming?
I almost want to just give up but I know I will only feel crappier when the weight comes on heavier.

I just feel so lackluster lately. I don't know if it's college 2nd semester blues or what.
but spring is coming and I'm freaking out a little because I can't hide my chubbiness under winter coats and sweatshirts anymore.....
Tinnykins is offline   Reply With Quote