Inches vs. Pounds

• Yesterday was my official weigh-in & measurement day, but I didn't get to my measurements until this morning because I was busy yesterday. Anyway, I've been feeling a bit discouraged, thinking that I wasn't eating well enough or exercising consistently enough or losing pounds like I thought I should be.

But today, after doing my measurements & not believing the changes I was seeing, I feel pretty d@mn good about my efforts. I double & triple checked my measurements because I just couldn't believe how much they've changed over the last 8 weeks. Allow me to share the changes, please:

Bust= - 4.25" (Goodbye unsightly back fat!)
    Ribcage= - 5"
    Waist= - 2.5"
    Hip= - 3"
    Thigh= - 3"
    Knee= - 4"
    Bicep= - 1.4"
    Neck= - 2.2"

I don't know if these are particularly astonishing losses, but for me they're incredible & I could cry because I finally, for the first time in all my life, actually believe that I can do this. After so many failed attempts, I can stick with my new lifestyle & lose over 100lbs.
  • Those results are terrific!

• Rachel that is awesome! I wish I had taken better measurements from the start! Keep it up you are doing great!!!
  • Great job! It doesn't matter if it's an inch or 20! You're doing a great job and should be so proud of yourself!
  • That's great - congrats!!!
  • WOW!!!! Very impressive!
  • Congratulations, you are doing awesome. I have never taken measurements. I was feeling much of the same frustration as you when I wasn't seeing the number on the scale move so what I did was went and bought a pair of jeans exactly like the ones I wear now but 1 size smaller and every couple of weeks I try and squeeze into those bad boys. At first it's laughable but I am getting closer and see the difference everytime I try them on. Just something for me to base progress on as opposed to the scale.
  • Wow!!! Amazing!! Congrats!
  • Congratulations girl, you're doing it right! Keep up the good work! I write down measurements every week along with my weigh-in and it's a great way to stay on track. Especially since water retention and all that fun stuff can really screw up the number on the scale.
  • Thats fantastic ! Keep it up
  • Wow! how amazing! Congrats and keep it up! You are inspiring!
  • Awesome! You should be excited, and yes I'd agree that those numbers are saying yuour work is paying off. Just think of how much the scale can vascilate based on water retention, food in your stomach TOM etc etc. But inches lost are always straight up and true (unless your bloated and the measurements over you abdomen ). Well done. I made sure to take measurements this time around. What we are all trying to do is shrink right? And meausreing inches tells us when we are really doing just that.

How often do you measure? Sounds like once every 8 weeks? I'm asking because I was trying to decide how often I will measure. I was thinking two weeks? Anyone have input on what length of time has worked well for them?
  • You are doing amazing!!! I'm so happy for you!! I don't do measurements (or pictures...) because I didn't want to know the beginning numbers. Now I wish I did!! Keep up the great work, we can do this!!!
  • Oh wow, thanks everybody. Your support & encouragement is so overwhelming, in a good way! Thanks, y'all

@wannabefitnessbuff: I measure every Monday, but I only started doing it 8 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I was already a month or so into this before I realized I should probably keep track! I'm really glad I started doing it though, because the scale is not my friend at all