Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #106  
Angela

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I posted here... but I'm back!

Breakfast:
bran pancake- made with
1 egg
15 g. oat bran
100 g. fat free Greek yogurt
10 blueberries

Lunch:
Salad-
lettuce, bell peppers, 10 g. sunflower seeds, 20 g. cranberries, 50 g. diced ham, 10 g. croutons, 30 g. Italian dressing (made w/ olive oil)

Dinner: ?
TexaninItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone

I had a really great day yesterday, after work I treated myself for a nice lunch out at Applebee's, they really have some great low cal choices on there menu. For dinner I opted to make my Big Mac salad and in the evening I was kind of craving something bad so I weighed a serving of cheese popcorn and had that. I was surprised how much I could accually have and really enjoyed that treat. I completely stayed in my calorie range and went to bed without any cravings (first time since I started back on my weight loss journey)! It was a little cooler out here today but still a nice day to take a walk at my fav forest preserve. Back to work this morning for me but I am excited to have the weekend off! I'll be back later to catch up on how things are going for everyone else.
Sending positive energy to everyone for their Friday!!!!

Starting weight: 285
Current weight: 265.5 -1.5lbs!!!!!

Yep I had a huge swoosh so excited to be half way through the 260's
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #108  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning! TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

Nothing fun or exciting on my end. Just the normal stuff.

I showed a gain this morning. There are a couple culprits that I could identify. I went to bed later than normal last night. On top of that I woke early due to hormonal (TTOM) insomnia. I only had about 5 hours of sleep last night. My body functions better on 8. And I think the TTOM water weight has finally caught up with me.

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 158.6 (TTOM)
Up: .6
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #109  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,

I am back up in weight. I worked out/painted all week and still am gaining. My body is very sore and swollen. I'm only going to do clean up today because DH will be home and (probably) in my way. So hopefully tomorrow I will be able to finish the kitchen make over by painting the ceiling. Then it's off to the living room. I'm hoping the boys will get the wall put up this weekend so that once done with the living room I can move to the foyer.

We are officially calling this mania and I am channeling it to doing chores with a bit of spending but on home needs LOL, I just justified spending. At dinner last night, my family confessed they like the mania me, not because I'm a busy bee, but because I'm nicer. I laugh more, I let things roll of me more and I'm friendly to strangers (proof: last Saturday, I touched a woman's hair and at the rock concert in NY, I offered a young man a seat DH watched in shock). DD says it's been nice because lately we've been fighting and now we are playing cards after a long day and I'm generally kinder to her. DH said it was too bad all this was a sign that I was sick. He said he wished this was my real personality. Kinda feel bad for all of them even though they were trying to be nice and supportive. I just laughed at them for their silly observations. They confessed they hope this bout will last awhile longer. I wouldn't mind either as I'm getting stuff done.

Diana I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you employee. The only thing weird about the camera is you wear an apron that records the pills travels. Other than that, it's not hard to swallow and you don't even know when it's gone (at least I didn't. DH's partner's wife asked me to report when it left the building, I thought the request was gross. Hello, we aren't friends and my bathroom issues aren't for the daily reports...LOL.)

Misti you are doing remarkable. So get the wanting to wear all the pretty bras. I got caught up in all that and then when I changed sizes in shirts I didn't consider my bras (I hate white undies) I had to invest in undershirts I bet you will have lots and lots of fun with shopping.

Alright going to go enjoy coffee then get my morning started. Primer here I come!

Have a wonderful and healthy day.

Last edited by mamakat; 05-03-2013 at 07:09 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #110  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Diana - Its better about this length. I had a lot of split ends. My hair looks a lot healthier now.

HungryHungryHippo - Definitely. I always feel like I need to eat my money worth too.

Yesterday's Calories: 1550-1650?
Today's Weight: 177.8

A bit of a gain, but that's to be expected after chinese food. Hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Feeling a little scale discouraged today. And I know I need to get over it because its not the be all and end all of progress measurement. I know my hard workouts may be why I am seeing no movement. And I signed a contract with myself, and I will finish the "insanity" program regardless of whether I lose/gain/stay the same. I've been doing some research about how intense new exercise can cause the body to hold more water weight etc. So I am reminding myself that seeing the same lb bounce around is no big deal. And that I'm only on day 9. After 60 days and if my measurements don't change then MAYBE I get to complain. But even then unless I don't feel more physically for and in shape. That's really the only excuse I should have to complain.

This mornings was 186.0, yesterday 186.2, day before 185.2, and like 5 days ago I saw a low of 183.4. Anyways I keep hoping to see that 183.something again soon. But maybe I need to have my husband hide my scale from me. I need to trust the process. Know I'm eating good food for
My body and know my exercise is benefiting my health. I need to trust the fat is slowly but surely burning and forget about the darn scale!

Anyways sorry about the rant. And I'm sorry to be such a whiner waaaaaaaay too soon to have anything to whine about!

Hope everyone's days goes well! And happy weekend approaching.

On a happier note u am noticing that I now have an appetite in the morning. And I have been so much better about any late night eating. Last night I wanted too so bad and went to bed instead. Same thing the day before. It's helping a lot because I wake up and want my yogurt or oatmeal with protein powder. So already healthier habits are taking hold . Glad I ended with that!
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #112  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

good morning its going to be another busy, rainy day in my rainforest

Diana apparently inositol combined with anything isn't a good idea I took a Sudafed in the evening for minor ear problems...(I can get an ear infection at the drop of a hat and always take Sudafed at the first sign of ear popping)...I went to bed but couldn't for the life of me fall asleep I laid there drifting in and out of a very light sleep for HOURS, then slept slightly more soundly in the post-midnight hours and finally around 4 a.m. started to sleep much more soundly....interestingly, I feel plenty rested this morning, which is odd
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #113  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

This is a quickie, as I'm off soon to get ready for shower/trip craziness (after I zen out with some tea and 3FC of course).

I'm down again! 3rd day in a row. 1.8 pounds, which takes me to 375 even. (Only one pound higher than a month ago ) Still, it's progress again, if it keeps up. I haven't done my measurements for May yet. Can't find my tape measure, but I have a sneaking feeling they didn't budge much.

My body took a beating yesterday. Swim in the morning, then hauling 50 pound tables around at work all afternoon, then yoga (which is an endurance sport at 375 pounds!) I fully expected to be up from muscle soreness alone, but day 3 down! I don't expect the trend to continue after the alcohol tomorrow.

Yesterday Calories In:1896
Cheese
Snap peas
Smokie
eggs
Hamburger helper
Lemon water
Green tea

Yesterday Calories Out:940 (+ table hauling)
30 Min Swim
1 Hour Hatha Yoga
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #114  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
Diana apparently inositol combined with anything isn't a good idea I took a Sudafed in the evening for minor ear problems...(I can get an ear infection at the drop of a hat and always take Sudafed at the first sign of ear popping)...I went to bed but couldn't for the life of me fall asleep I laid there drifting in and out of a very light sleep for HOURS, then slept slightly more soundly in the post-midnight hours and finally around 4 a.m. started to sleep much more soundly....interestingly, I feel plenty rested this morning, which is odd
It's not the inositol! It's the Sudafed. The active ingredient in Sudafed are pseudoephedrine hydrochloride or pseudoephedrine sulfate. Sudafed is a stimulant! The kids in college used to take Sudafed to stay awake all night. If I take Sudafed in the AM I cannot go to sleep until the next night, not that night, the next night. If I take Nyquil I am bouncing off the walls and ceiling all night. I cannot take Sudafed in any form. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoephedrine

Pseudoephedrine (pron.: /ˌsjuːdoʊ.ɨˈfɛdrɪn/ or /ˌsjuːdoʊˈɛfɨdriːn/; PSE) is a sympathomimetic drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine chemical classes. It may be used as a nasal/sinus decongestant, as a stimulant,[2] or as a wakefulness-promoting agent.[3]

Adverse effects

Common adverse drug reactions (ADRs) associated with pseudoephedrine therapy include: CNS stimulation, insomnia, nervousness, excitability, dizziness and anxiety. Infrequent ADRs include: tachycardia or palpitations. Rarely, pseudoephedrine therapy may be associated with mydriasis (dilated pupils), hallucinations, arrhythmias, hypertension, seizures and ischemic colitis;[13] as well as severe skin reactions known as recurrent pseudo-scarlatina, systemic contact dermatitis, and nonpigmenting fixed drug eruption.[14] Pseudoephedrine, particularly when combined with other drugs including narcotics, may also play a role in the precipitation of episodes of paranoid psychosis.[15] It has also been reported that pseudoephedrine, amongst other sympathomimetic agents, may be associated with the occurrence of stroke.[16]

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-03-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #115  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Typing this from the airport lounge.

Down 2.0lbs today. Gym water weight is SUPER crazy.

I did not have a chance to exercise today. And it is interesting trying to stay OP while traveling. I managed to find a salad at a restaurant and had that. I hope there is a light meal option on the plane else I will just skip dinner and drink instead.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar.
2 open raw mushroom sandwichs with mayo lite.

Lunch: Small airport salad - chicken, greens, pine nuts, cranberries.

Dinner: Most likely red wine on the plane and lots of.

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Zip. Diddly. Nil.

I'll post from Germany tomorrow which is where I catch my connecting flight. Hope I can find a healthy breakfast in the lounge! Future weigh-ins will be on my digital travel scale that measures 0.8lbs-1lb LIGHTER than my main scale so will have to adjust for that. I will also need to find the hotel gym when I finally arrive in Turkey. Looking forward to working out in that either Saturday night or Sunday.

On the working out Diana, I am trying to boost my protein in a low calorie way to build muscle. There are some high protein, low calorie shakes and powders that I am putting my faith in. I'll let you know how they go. For me, as well, weight lifting is so much more fun than cardio!

PS I have packed protein powder in my luggage to make shakes while away from home post-workout!

Last edited by IanG; 05-03-2013 at 02:33 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #116  

Have a safe trip, Ian!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #117  
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
It's not the inositol! It's the Sudafed. The active ingredient in Sudafed are pseudoephedrine hydrochloride or pseudoephedrine sulfate. Sudafed is a stimulant! The kids in college used to take Sudafed to stay awake all night. If I take Sudafed in the AM I cannot go to sleep until the next night, not that night, the next night. If I take Nyquil I am bouncing off the walls and ceiling all night. I cannot take Sudafed in any form. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoephedrine

Pseudoephedrine (pron.: /ˌsjuːdoʊ.ɨˈfɛdrɪn/ or /ˌsjuːdoʊˈɛfɨdriːn/; PSE) is a sympathomimetic drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine chemical classes. It may be used as a nasal/sinus decongestant, as a stimulant,[2] or as a wakefulness-promoting agent.[3]

Adverse effects

Common adverse drug reactions (ADRs) associated with pseudoephedrine therapy include: CNS stimulation, insomnia, nervousness, excitability, dizziness and anxiety. Infrequent ADRs include: tachycardia or palpitations. Rarely, pseudoephedrine therapy may be associated with mydriasis (dilated pupils), hallucinations, arrhythmias, hypertension, seizures and ischemic colitis;[13] as well as severe skin reactions known as recurrent pseudo-scarlatina, systemic contact dermatitis, and nonpigmenting fixed drug eruption.[14] Pseudoephedrine, particularly when combined with other drugs including narcotics, may also play a role in the precipitation of episodes of paranoid psychosis.[15] It has also been reported that pseudoephedrine, amongst other sympathomimetic agents, may be associated with the occurrence of stroke.[16]
yes!! LOL I've totally experienced that sleeplessness before!....when I take the Sudafed that's behind the pharmacy counter, I seriously CANNOT sit still or sleep for over 24 hours...it's crazy!!...instead I take the generic version with different ingredients that you find on the store shelves and it doesn't affect me like that

I also stopped taking the actual pharmacy Sudafed because it gave me a horrible allergic reaction twice when I took it before two different running workouts...a reaction bad enough that I should have used an epipen except I didn't have one back then (I do now)
Old 05-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #118  
Lifelong Alaskan!

I was sooooo looking forward to 5 days in a row of HIIT running workouts...there was nothing on my calendar all morning and I was going to make it 5 days of 5K running....and then my SIL called and was in the ER and needed someone to watch the younger girl after her preschool let out and so I went over to their house and took care of her 4 year old until the next person came to take over for me babysitting (so I could go to work)....luckily SIL is home now and the ER visit didn't require surgery, which was a huge concern...and now i'm back at work with no running done today but of course it was worth it because she needed my help
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

Back to check in after Disney vacation day one total success!

2 eggs\wheat toast and some fruit for breakfast.

Brocolli 5oz new york strip and half a potato for lunch

Fruit salad as a snack

Ceasar salad dressing on side and soup for dinner.

Giselle 1 Mickey 0!!!!
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 220/214/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Success this week

I am new to 3 fc and have been on south beach for five days, lost 6 pounds and started Pilates today. Have been trying to lose this weight for five years. This is finally it! I need the support to keep going.
Gypsytales is offline   Reply With Quote