Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #61  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 158.2 (TTOM)
No Change

No change on the scale is good since I woke up feeling sooo bloated from TTOM. I hope something has regulated and it's not as long as it has been.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-01-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #62  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Finally back down to where I should be. I am hoping to reach 174 by the end of this month.

Yesterday's Calories: 1325
Today's Calories: 178.2
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Elvislover Hi
Hi Diana!!

And hi, everyone else!!

Usually I just lurk but I had to reach out to Misti yesterday.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone

So happy to be enjoying this beautiful day off from work. I had a long haul the last 5 days and back to work tomorrow but I am grateful for my job and love what I do so it's all good!!! As soon as my son gets home from preschool I plan on heading out to the forest preserve to walk some trails (one of my most favorite things to do I might add) Yesterday was a great day, I did struggle with the "hungries" at bed time but opted to grab a bottle of water and just get my butt in bed. I swear I need a lock on our fridge after 8 at night, it has to be the hardest time for me in the beginning of my change in eating habits. The good new is the night time cravings tend to go away after a few weeks of eating well and cutting the crap out of my diet. I can tell it's getting better already, but still the time of the day i struggle with the most.

Starting weight 285
Current weight 267.5
I was -0.5lbs this morning

I really want to thank everyone for the support I receive here. It's so great to find a group of people who know and understand the changes I am going trough and reading many of the posts here give me that little extra boost I need going from day to day!

Last edited by suzukigurl; 05-01-2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: .
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #65  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

good morning another busy day....I am at work at 7 a.m. and then im headed to a meeting, then the gym, then a field trip, and then work all afternoon....and its pouring rain...our lawn is filled with puddles and moss LOL
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #66  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Down 1.3 today. Still wavering in that 2-3 pound range I've been in for weeks, but I was sure my pity party pasta salad and the ice cream I had for dessert last night was going to tip me over 180 this morning. Yay for little victories!

Today marks 9 full months on plan. Screw ups and cheats and breaks for sure, but 9 months without giving up. That's huge for me, and recognizing that is keeping me motivated. I'm going to keep my calories in check throughout the day so that the restaurant meal for the AGM (I don't get to pick what I eat) doesn't tip me over, and in addition to my morning swim (which is no fun with a cold), I'm going to take my Jillian DVD to my SIL's over lunch and try to do it while I watch the kids (they usually play pretty good with minimal supervision). Yoga got cancelled Monday, but I can make the Thursday class, and I already have an "attack plan" to handle the booze and food for the shower and bachelorette.

One minor wrinkle is that my BF has to write a power engineering test about 5 hours away next week and I want to go with him. We'll be gone for a few days, and could even swing into Edmonton. I have family in the town that he writes in and I'd like to see them. The hotel I booked has a pool and a gym, so I just have to plan the food carefully, but I see it as a challenge more than a problem. Usually road trips are just an excuse to gorge for me, and it ends up effecting my wallet and my waistline. (We spent two weeks driving through the US and up to NB and back last summer and it became a tour of fast food places we didn't have at home). This will be a test run for my week long adventure with my friend in September.

Dress alteration appointment tomorrow. It's very embarrassing to me that it's tight in the belly. It's not like it's fitted

Yesterday Calories In: 1950
Broccoli
Cauliflower
greek dressing
cheddar cheese
hard boiled egg
spinach salad
diced chicken
salmon
gluten free pasta salad
ice cream

Yesterday Calories out:515
30 Minute Swim

Today's weight:377.2
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 155/155/105

Height: 5'1"

Yesterday was going well until the Little Man went to bed. The BF and I decided to play video games and without thinking about it I habitually started snacking. On a couple pop-tarts and a box of Mac and Cheese.... So yea, I'm pretty disappointed. BUT! With small defeats small victories will arise. I'm going out of town tonight for work and I know my co-workers will help keep me on track, they're all pretty health and fitness oriented so at least I'll have some RL support along with the 3FCspiration I get here!

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled. Cooked in olive oil.

We're going shopping today on the strip so I'll get something light for lunch. We'll be walking a lot and I know that will keep something healthy to eat in the front of my mind.

Dinner - I'm thinking of making a big salad topped with grilled chicken and a hard boiled egg.

Workout - Insanity, Cardio Power and Resistance. It sucked, I loved it, I hated it, I'm sore. But I'm glad I did it.
leighalittletyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #68  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

We have mice so I will be buying traps tonight.

In other news...

Up 1.6lbs today. OMG. I think this is water retention from the gym. MAD.

I am having a day off from the gym today. I hear it is good to let your muscles recover so I am planning to go three times a week instead of my original five. Back tomorrow morning for one last blast before I fly to Turkey on Friday, arriving at the weekend and hopefully picking up where I left off at the hotel gym.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar.
2 open raw mushroom sandwichs with mayo lite.

Lunch: Medium salad - egg, tuna, lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, corn, black beans, green beens, radish, mushrooms, cottage cheese, green pepper, beets, cucumber, strawberry, apple, bulgar wheat, nuts, brussel sprouts.

Dinner: Beer. Green Flash Palate Wrecker.

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Walked half an hour to work. Will walk half an hour back home this evening.

What will the scale do tomorrow?

Mamakat, my wife handles me gone for two weeks in a bitter sweet kind of way. It is tough for her with the two twins and the worry is that she or one of them will get sick which would create chaos. But without me around she also gets the TV to herself and none of my funny ways! And, yes, when things get broken I get mad too!

Hungryhungryhippo, thanks and I will keep you posted. Perhaps even with pictures! Let's hope I can stay OP. Food choices are going to be tough.

Last edited by IanG; 05-01-2013 at 12:32 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #69  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Hi everybody! I simply can't do personals...I am at work and would love to but I DO have work to do!

Rode bikes with hubby for an hour and 15 minutes last night...had a few shots of Sailor Jerry, which I sort of wish I wouldn't have, but it hasn't derailed me at all. 160 even this morning. The fact that I'm now that weight continually means I'm headed in the right direction, because a couple weeks ago I was hitting 160 some days, but most days I was around 162 or 163 (up and down with water weight). So now I'm hitting 159 sometimes, meaning it seems that a few pounds have dropped!

breakfast - greek yogurt with splenda, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and 15 almonds
a.m. snack - mini babybel light
lunch - leftover pressure cooker chicken breast w/mushroom soup gravy
p.m. snack - celery w/jalapeno greek yogurt dip

we're having salmon stuffed with feta and spinach from Fresh and Easy tonight, and I'm going to cook some asparagus as well. Heading to the gym after work to do chest and back, so no bike ride

I saw a cucumber/banana smoothie mentioned in passing a few posts back...can somebody share the recipe with me? Sounds nice
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #70  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Okay, I opted for destroy and conquer. Now when dh gets home, not only will it be clean, I repainted the dining room a sedate sand color from bright Tuscany orange. I had to paint three coats, one gray primer to hide that orange. I want to spray paint the outlet covers black, but the switches would still be white. Either way I've got to clean the plates because I suck at painting. So I'd say pretty good on the exercise. I'll let you know what dh thinks about our sandy dining area.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Hey all. It looks like most everyone is doing pretty well. I am still striggling to eat what I am supposed to eat throughout the day. I just dont feel hungry in the morning. Though on the program for "insanity" I need to be eating 5 healthy meals a day. Now maybe not being hungry in the day time would be fine if I didnt get ravenous and overdo it every night at dinner. I have stayed ok on calories since I'm eating so little in the day time, and since my calorie allotment is so high at 1960. Should I set an alarm on my phone and just force myself to eat? It seems so counter intutitive. But I need to quit eating so much right before I am going to bed.

Another thing that is strange for me is that I am craving sweet stuff. I know that is not strange for most people. But I rarely want anything sweet. I am a salty/ fried food craver all the way. I have been buying dannon light and fit yogurt and eating fruit like pineapple strawberries and bananas dipped in it instead of eating with a spoon. I klnow there are far worse things to be eating, but I just find it strange that I want sweet so much these last few days. Maybe my body is trying to tell me something?

Anyways. Thats my check in. I'm off the get somefood in my belly and then do insanity in an hour or so after. I feel I cant tackle it without a little more fuel....
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #72  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Diana yesterday I didn't take the 5htp and just took the inositol...I slept pretty good with just one period of waking up and having difficulty falling back asleep but I think it wasn't as bad as when I took 5htp AND inositol at the same time...I took just inositol again today, I think it helps the food urges better than 5htp...so we'll see

its been a busy day and im at work for the afternoon now...it is pouring buckets of rain out there and has been all day, plus 30mph winds...yuckkk...I had a good workout...the scale dropped to 181.2 today but i'm not sure if it's really me or just a funky scale....but I KNOW my body is smaller so perhaps it just took the scale a really long time to catch up??....but then again, I weighed 180 a few months ago before I started using HIIT running to really make my body smaller...weirdddd
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #73  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Hi all. Sounds like everyone is doing well and keeping at it!

Radiojane - just wanted to offer some encouragement on the dress thing. Doesn't matter how the dress hugs your body, you are going to look good and have SO much fun in it. *hugs*

So today has gone well so far, though I'm hitting a wall right now and I'm about to have to go into a 2 hour meeting where I have to take minutes. We usually have this meeting in the morning, and my brain is feeling fried. So I thought..."Hm, maybe I need a snack to wake me up!" LOL, the logic of a compulsive overeater. I got some trailmix and a diet coke. Ate all the trailmix when I probably should have only had half at most, but I will still end up in my caloric range tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow...I'm going to ride my bike to work for the first time. BUT, I really really want to go to the spin class tomorrow at my gym. And I know how I could do it. Leave at 4:45 AM on my bike, do the spin class at 5:30 AM, and then finish riding to work after that. That will be 2 hours of cycling, plus the ride home after work. I can safely say that will be 36 miles.

IF I actually get up and do that (honestly, it scares me), I am going to increase my caloric intake to 1500-1800 calories and have a peanut butter banana sandwich for breakfast. Ug, WHY am I nervous about it? I KNOW I can do it!

Okay, going to stop blabbing now and try to wake up for this meeting.

Current Weight - 249.6
Total Lost - 2.5 lbs
Yesterday's Caloric Intake - ~1350
Yesterday's Exercise - 20min elliptical, 15 minute weight lifting

Have a great night all!
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #74  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Radiojane You go, girl! 9 months? That's very impressive. You should be proud.
(out of curiosity, are you gluten free? I noticed the GF pasta yesterday.)

B - 3 crowns of steamed broccoli florets, 1 medium red grapefruit, 1 large granny smith apple
L - 1 cup of chocolate "pudding" (plain nonfat greek yogurt, rice milk, cocoa powder, stevia)
D - 1 medium [slightly underripe] banana with almond butter + 1 raw orange bell pepper stuffed with garlic hummus, lean deli turkey, and paprika
+ ~300-350 kcal of homemade flourless peanut butter cookies
+ 2 glasses flavored mineral water
+ 1 tablespoon fish oil

Definitely on a sugar kick. Did some damage with the cookies today (they were small, so it was too easy to keep grabbing one or two every time I walked past), but nothing irreparable.
Need to eat better tomorrow, dairy and processed sugar does nothing good for my cramps.
Also got in a walk today, albeit shorter than usual and begrudgingly on my body's part. Honestly it was an accomplishment to get out of bed today; 1st-2nd day of TTOM is the worst.

Last edited by Chronostasis; 05-01-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #75  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

100 mother Thanks! I know I'll look MUCH MUCH better than I would have 100 pounds ago!

Chronostasis I am gluten free as much as possible, although bread based products are generally my "cheat". My boyfriend was told to go on a paleo diet to counteract some health problems, and we do it together.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote