Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237.4/217.2/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Tiny little loss of motivation already!

Hey guys!

It's week 3 of my journey. In week 1&2 I was amazing, I went to the gym all the time, I ate low carb/high protein.. this week I started "cheating" with some carbs (making sure to stay in my calorie limit, of course), and today I woke up feeling a little bit sniffly and decided not to go to the gym after work. I immediately corrected my thinking and packed a gym back and I WILL be going to the gym after work. But I can't believe that I'm falling back to familiar patterns so soon!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep my motivation? Thanks!
Dani86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #2  

First of all, it's my understanding that habits are generally made or broken in 30 days, so since it's only week three, don't be too hard on yourself! Secondly, the other day I saw a quote that really spoke to me.

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.”

I'd never really thought of it that way before, but it's true! Just because you get yourself all wound up and motivated today, doesn't mean that motivation will last through tomorrow. Whatever motivates you - pictures, stories, music, etc - I would recommend you spend a little time renewing your motivation every day. For me, aside from browsing around here on 3FC, I love the 'fitblr' community on tumblr. They have tons of quotes, tips, photos, recipes, basically everything I need to keep me focused.

That being said, we all have our not so hot days. You're doing great though, stick to it!
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237.4/217.2/140

Height: 5'4"

I love that quote, that is so fantastic. And it's so true. Thank you! That response was just what I needed!
Dani86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 AM   #4  

Very glad to help!
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote