Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 09:30 AM   #1  
BELIEVE!

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again....#367

300+ and Ready to Try Again...#367
WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME
Old 07-11-2003, 09:32 AM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Hi Again,
Hope no one minds that I took the liberty to start a new thread. I posted on the last one and then realized I was #30. So, everything I had to say (for the moment) is back on the old thread!
See you later!
Barb
Old 07-11-2003, 09:43 AM   #3  

Thumbs down Good Friday Morning

Hi Girls,

I wanted to pop in quickly before I do the walking thing! I love the WATP tape, I can do it in my living room, in the a/c...ahhhhhh!

Thanks to all for the continued support and encouragement.

Natalie, great job with the I admire you for doing both at once!! You keep up the good work. YOU CAN DO IT!

Well let me get it in gear, do not want to procrastinate...I cannot run the risk of the old tendencies to say" I will do it later", and then LATER NEVER COMES!!

I will be back shortly to check in.

sw 356 6/5/03
cw 346
first goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130lbs
Old 07-11-2003, 09:46 AM   #4  

Unhappy

I always post a giant note and then we switch threads...don't forget about me I'm the last post.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:11 PM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Hey Natalie -
Congrats on the loss!!! If you use my Chihuahua as a comparison you actually lost 2! Little Charlee weighs in at a whopping 3.8 pounds!
Keep up the good work!
Barb
Old 07-11-2003, 01:44 PM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Bringing Natalie over...

It won't have all her cute little smilies and things, but her words are what are important, so here they are:

Quote:
Happy, Happy, Friday!
Good morning. I see there has been a lot of activity since my last visit. You are all a bunch of typing maniacs. I love it! I really enjoyed reading over everyone's posts, it's a great way to start the day. Very motivating.

So the scale has taken away another pound this week. Much to my surprise cause yesterday morning it was looking up. So far I've lost a whole Chihuahua in weight. I put that darn scale on the tippy top of my closet, it will only see the light of day every Friday.

I decided that my short term goal is to be under 200 by my birthday (9/22), I think that is very attainable for me. It will keep me on track and make a nice birthday present

On to replies;

Sandy,
Thank you for the congrats. I must say I am surprising myself every day I don't pick up a cancer stick. I am lucky though, I was only a smoker for about 5 years. I can't imagine having to quit after 20 years, those are the real champions.

Thin,
I am going to have to check out those Pria Bars. It sounds like just what I need. I would so much rather spend my extra 200 calories on something healthy. I'm also glad that I was able to make you smile!

Queen,
I am totally with you on the journaling. I have found that I do much better when I write everything down. Some how it helps me focus.

The Trampoline
I love it! When I first got on I was a little shakey and felt kinda like I was going to keel over. I figured out that you need to find your center of gravity and work from there. Start by keeping your feel shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent and just hop until you feel comfortable. As you experiment with lifting your feet and then your legs it gets more and more comfortable. I have basically developed a little routine for myself just like aerobics but on the mini tramp. Don't be afraid of it, it's fun. There are even "rebounding" videos that you can purchase.

Tina,
Welcome back, hang in there chickie. We all have bad times, all we can do is grab our friends and ride them out together. That's why we are here.

Ok, now that's taken care of, so I will post real quick before my internet time is over. So far, so good today.... I just need to take all this inspirations and power home with me. That's when the evil thoughts start creeping in.

Barb: Thanks so much for starting the new thread. It looks absolutely wonderful!

Pam: Isn't the WATP tape great? I don't know what I would do without them, especially with the hot weather we've been getting lately.

Natalie: I hope you don't mind...I moved your post over so no one would miss it. Also congrats on the loss! Way to go girl!

Ok, I'm gonna hop off here for now, but thanks again for all the support and love. Terri and thin, your words meant so much to me. Everyones did and do. They always make a difference.

I'll be back later.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:22 PM   #7  

Hey gals,

Starting next week, I'll be training so I might be scarce again, I don't have a computer at home, but will try my darnest to get in here.

Has anyone ever owned a Chev Cavalier and if so how did you like it, that's one of my choices for my new car, and I don't want to jump into anything I wont be comfortable in or wont be reliable.???

All this talk about the WATP makes me want to dust mine off, and join the fun, I pretty much don't do anything physical, besides cleaning the house, how am I suppose to lose if I don't move the big butt.

I didn't get to go to the fair yesterday, haven't seen DS since Sunday, and I really do miss him. It would have been a nice break if I had time to do something fun, but I've been working all week. Regular babysitter will be back on Monday. Will probably pick up son this evening, but then again I don't really want to take him to Edmonton to go Car shopping, he'll be bored. So may bring him back to Grandma's tomorrow. Poor boy

Well the dinner bell is ringing in my head, time to get some lunch, and no I don't have anything Healthy, ( pizza sub ) Will do some grocery shopping this weekend and get back on track Monday, or sooner.

TA TA for now,
Old 07-11-2003, 03:23 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies-Yesterday I just had a lazy day. I didn't do a darn thing. Except cook dinner. I wasn't going to do that even, my hubby was going to have some leftover chili, but my daughter ate it all when my hubby fell asleep watching a video. Oh, she left him a couple of bites but not enough for a working man's dinner.

I have gone back to my old schedule a couple of nights this week-last night being on of them. I didn't go to bed until 7am on Thursday morning and 3am last night. I don't know why I have such a hard time adhering to a normal sleep schedule????? So now it is noon and I just had my cup of coffee. I'm going to try to get to bed at a reasonable time tonight.

I didn't do my WATP tape yesterday, but I'm going to go do it today just as soon as I'm done posting this. Food yesterday wasn't the best, but wasn't aweful either. I think partially because I didn't do the cup of coffee thing when I did get going. that is really helping me out. I drink my cup of coffee-do my WATP tape and that seems to get me in gear.

Okay enough rambling-on to replies!!!

Duckie-I don't think I welcomed you back yet. Good to see you. Good luck at the new position. I'm sure you will excell. Sounds like you just have so much going on. Get out that WATP tape and dust it off-exercise helps relieve stress.

Kat-Sounds like you learned a valuable lesson about procrastination. I'm the same way. I could blame it on my daughter but truth be told she loves to help me clean so that isn't why my house looks like this. The WATP tapes are so wonderful when it is too hot to move outside.

Andria-I know what you mean about the sleep thing!!! I battle that one all the time. Continuing to go to Curves will help you deal with the stress. It will all work out, just believe. You never know what is in the works.

2Cute-I know a bunch of people have already said this, but I've never heard of Braums either. It is amazing what differences there are across this great country. Here in Colorado I can't get It's It Ice Cream Sandwiches and Sidewalk Sundaes (which is probably a good thing.) which I used to get in California growing up and loved. Everything will work out at the new house. You will end up loving it. You are having the new house equivalent of wedding night jitters.

Pam-I'm so proud of you. You have done such a great job with the WATP tapes.

Natalie-You are being so strong to quit smoking and diet at the same time. Don't beat yourself up about the scale. Great job putting it in the top of the closet-that is exactly what I was going to suggest!!!!

Joeanne-Looks like you and your daughter had a lot of fun on your trip.

Lori-Wow-Going to meet the parents already??? Have fun.

Tina-I'm sorry I wasn't all that supportive in this most recent bout of negatives you had-I wasn't in the place to be. Now though I'm happy to say welcome back!!! We all love you too. As for WATP, I'm doing the abs tapes. I haven't been using the belt though. I need to find all the pieces of it which my daughter seems to have misplaced for me.

Barb-I'm sure you'll get caught up with all that work. At least it is your at home day.

Mary-Those pancakes sound yummy-please do post that recipe. Sorry that you didn't stay on track yesterday-but today is another day!!!!

Connie-What a beautiful list for Thankful Thursday.

Thin-Thanks for the flowers. You are doing so well at Curves.

Sandy-Love ya girl!!! You'll get back on track soon. Thanks for the tip about the two windows and replies.

Terri-Hello!!! Don't know what else to say right now.

To anyone I might have missed. I just realized again that I didn't post for Thankful Thursday so I'm going to do Thankful Friday.

I'm very thankful to have God in my life, and to know that He will guide me in all my journeys.

I'm very thankful to my husband for his support in my weight loss and his love in general.

I'm thankful for my lovely daughter and her continued health.

I'm thankful for the friendships I have here.

I'm thankful for the weight I'll lose and the weight I know I will lose.

I'm thankful for a roof over my head and food on the table.

I could go on and on-but I'll save some for next week too. What a wonderful thing to sit and think about our blessings-it is a reality check we all need from time to time. Hope everyone is having a great OP day. See all of you soon.

Last edited by PheonixRising; 07-11-2003 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:58 PM   #9  

My, are we busy little beavers today !

Ahh, the dreaded meeting the parents. Yes, yours truly is making the trip in mid-August after seeing the weight loss surgeon for my initial consultation. To be honest, I'm more nervous about meeting them than I am about the WLS doctor. Go figure Makes me wonder why they want to meet me already? Methinks someone may have something up his sleeve, but I haven't put my finger on it yet.

Of course, my biggest question to Brian was "uh, you did tell them how old I was, right?" and he said sure he did. Oy vey. On top of that, I have issues about flying and never been to California. Yikes. This is going to be a dandy one, folks.

(Not to mention two cat brats are going to be mighty displeased Meowmie is going to be gone for a week and not be around to grant their every wish and command. )

Today was the tenant picnic, and did I partake in goodies? Did I make a total pig of myself like I did on the Fourth of July? I didn't even touch the sugar sweetened iced tea! (I took my handy dandy cherry flavored carbonated water--a habit that Brian got me addicted to ) If I pigged on anything, it was mostly the cantelope and watermelon. Yummmmmmmm.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:24 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy everyone! I was a 'showgirl' for a bit today and I took #1 son with me so we could accomplish more and then I took him out to lunch. Poor honey, when he gets home neither #1 son or I are going to want any dinner! Ooops.

I decided to come in here and post and then run back out to Curves since I had a big lunch. Didn't want to find out what exercising on a full stomach does (or feels like)!!! Seeing as how I would have no idea, given I am the NON-exercise QUEEN!!! Can't begin to stress what an accomplishment this is for me. Only those of you who have known me forever get the REAL picture!

Pam: You are doing soooo well. I see your stats dropping! 10 pounds in a month is really GREAT!

2cute: You NEED TO SLEEP sometimes!!! 'Nough said!!!

Barb: GREAT job starting the new thread! Thanks! *

Sandy: Sorry, I couldn't get the "scratch and sniff" option to work on my computer! * I bet you're going to love your new computer. Maybe you can get the "s & s" to work on your end now!

Terri: Glad you're doing well.

Justme: Not sure if you really wanted to transfer your post over, but if you did, all you have to do is go to 'edit'. Highlight and copy it, get to the new thread and hit 'post reply' and then paste it in the box. That will get it where you want it. Then you can go back and delete the post on the other thread too if you wanted to clean it up. Just a thought.

Tina: You're sounding a little better. I'm sure that when you're at home and your honey isn't is the time when the ugly thoughts creep in. Maybe part of the solution is to try and keep yourself somewhat busy in the evening hours. Take the kids to the theatre, but pack your own snacks. Go for a walk and drag the kids with you. Go to a park, go to the mall. Get out of the house and don't leave any time left for those nasty thoughts. It's summer and they can enjoy some quality time with just mom for a change. Dad has his quality time with them alone now too. Maybe you can encourage him to take them on an outting or two. Someplace you really don't want to go. At my house, that's any museums and such. I get honey to go with the boys and have the day to themselves.[[[hugs]]]

Duckie: Can't help with the Cavalier. Haven't ever owned one. * Hope your job training goes well. Stop in when you can. Even a quick hello just to let us know you haven't left us again.

Amanda: You too on the sleep, honey. GET SOME!!!

Lori: What are you going to do with kitties while you're gone? Do you have some one to come in and feed them, or do you farm them out?

Well girls, gonna run and put my capris and big shirt on and go work out! OMG, does that sound like me??????? See you all later.

"Some people fall for everything and stand for nothing."

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-11-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:43 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Pancakes
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons fat free pancake mix (I used fat Free Bisquick)
2 T milk
1 egg
dash cinnamin
whip in blender or with mixer
this makes 3 small pancakes. I put a few blueberries in mine
Old 07-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #12  

Guess what DF told me yesterday,????
His boss, who's such a nice guy is giving the 3 of us a free trip to Newfoundland for Christmas, DF is a newfie. He hasn't been home for Christmas in 8yrs, and I've never met his family. His boss buys everything on VISA, so he has 600,000 air miles to use, yes I printed that correctly. It would have cost us $2000 just for airfare if we tried to go on our own. Very cool, plus this is an extra kick in the pants to lose some weight, haven't met his family yet and would like to look decent, as well as be comfortable on the plane, 8hr flight. YEAHHH.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:30 PM   #13  
Walking by faith

Angry newbie looking for new friends

Hi,

I'm new to 3FC, and I sure could use some support! Seems like I've been on this weight-loss journey FOREVER! I'm in TOPS right now (since mid-May), and I've lost 8 lbs so far.

A bit about me. I'm 53, female, and I started TOPS at my highest weight EVER: 316.5 pounds! My name, Homebound, is partly about my physical condition. I'm partially paralyzed as a result of a ruptured disc in my lower back. I've been walking w/a brace on my leg and a crutch for the last 2 years. It's also about my faith: I'm a Christian, and I know that this world is just a temporary home for me, Praise God !

I've started keeping a food journal-something I haven't done before. It seems to be helping. I'm thinking more about what I'm putting in my mouth instead of just eating mindlessly. Exercise is still a sticking point for me. I've always been a couch potato, and I'm limited as to what I can do now. I do have some small hand weights that I can use-I just need to get started!

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Mini goal: 2.5 lbs to get my charm bracelet
Midi goal: Below 300
Ultimate goal: 160!
Old 07-11-2003, 06:24 PM   #14  
a work in progress...

Talking Fun Friday!

I got a call from my sister this morning, right before I hit the sack. She asked me if I wanted to come in to the shop for a "spa pedicure?" She works in a beauty salon/spa.

...Gee...let me think........ OK!

That was her birthday present to me.

Now, a run of the mill pedicure is lovely enough...but a spa pedicure is just heavenly! All kinds of scrubs, a massage, mask, parrafin dip, lotions and potions...ahhhhhhhhhhhh...and pretty pink toenails to boot! That WAS fun!

Now I have to do some housework........back to the reality ranch!

Time to start thinking about packing for our week at the beach. A week from tomorrow! I have to work Sat, Sun, Mon and then I'm off for 12 days. oh yes.

One of those days, it seems, will be spent in the company of one Miss QueenB! I will be driving up to Connecticut on Thursday. About a 2 hour ride north of here...How cool is that??

Very.

I have to run...but I just wanted to say to Thin...

Way to go, girl!!! This is HUGE!!
(This woman has been an avowed anti-exerciser since I've been hanging around here!)
I am SO proud of you!!

Duckie, that is great news about your trip! I had to pull up a map of Canada to see where you are and where you're going...wow! That's some journey.
boy, is Canada BIG!
Great inspiration for you...Good luck!

Mary...mmmm...: Pancakes! Yum. Thanks...now will you come over and make some for me??

Amanda...I have no idea what a normal sleep schedule is! That could be a big part of why I'm not prgressing as I'd like to be. Gotta work on that one!

Lori...Ya can't go wrong pigging out on watermelon! Good for you!

Natalie...good girl, hiding the scale. It will give you something to work towards...the reward of stepping on and seeing that loss.
BTW, I need to lose a St. Bernard!

Pam...You are doing so well with the walking! Keep it up!

Barb...I don't know how far it is for you, but if you want to join us, we'd love to have you! YOU TOO, MICHELLE! where are you?

I see we had a little newbie slip in as I was typing away...(this WAS going to be a short post!) Welcome homebound!! Lots of love and support to be found here! Stick around, we're cool.

Okay that's everyone on this thread...wait a minute...

HEY, 2CUTE!!! Where are you??? I hope you're not here because you are catching up on some sleep...not likely...Miss you!

Now I have to run around like a maniac and make it look like I did something around here all day...besides sleep and have my tootsies pampered...

See ya!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-11-2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:03 PM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

Here I am Kat... over here hiding in the corner.
I have been trying to be productive but not accomplishing much today.
Took a short needed nap. I don't know if it is from being tired or depressed. Either way... I took a short nap.

HOmebound/Joanne.... WELCOME !!!
We would love for you to join us. I am 52 and although I am not partially paralized... I was practically immobile due to my weight.
I am happy to report that I am doing much better now. Keep posting ... we love newcomers.

Duckie... I am soooo happy for you.
Thin... I am sooo proud of you.
Amanda .. I was so in need of being reminded to be thankful.

To everyone else... HELLO !!
I have got to get off of here. My DH is home and he is working... I better follow his example.
Closed Thread