Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 08:54 AM   #91  

Angry Hi gang!

Welcome angel-lover thses guys are great listeners, they do prayer requests, and are super people, which you will soon discover. I been gone just a few days and I had two full pages to catch up on. Wilma thanks for the sun/heat. It is suppose to be in the 90's this week. Summer may finally be here. Yeah! I like my air conditioner when I am not near a pool. Glad you got yours fixed. Good luck at curves.
Mitchy congrats on the 8 pounds way to go, gary is right the right guy will come along. E.Z. your room sounds wonderful, and the wedding sounds like it went well. I think I probably would have been a tad upset, if my husband did that, on what is suppose to be your day! Sami- sorry to here about your dd, will keep her in my prayers, and don't get discouraged your doing great and I love the new attitude, you sound like you feel much better. Zoe welcoome back I am sure your busy with the new house, so exciting. Mrs. Hummer. I am right there with you, camping is wonderfully relaxing. glad to hear your doing well at the wellness center, great job. I gotta run, will check in tom. see ya.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:30 PM   #92  

Thanks for the reply Wilma & Sue. Yes, I've found this to be a very nice thread to post on. Also, yes, the Lord always knows what we need even before we know ourselves!

Since you mentioned prayer requests.....our house burned this past November. Kitchen & Diningroom burnt & the rest of the house was a total mess. Our insurance co gave us a lot of trouble, & ended up having to get a lawyer, just for payment. Still not enough, but we settled.

Trying to make a long story short here.....My husband is doing most of the building back alone. We've had a little help with children....they do what they can, but also have lives of their own. We are living in a (very)small camper trailer beside our house. We are trying to accept what has been dealt to us.....but winter is going to catch us, I'm afraid, very unprepared. The camper is a loan(Lord bless him)from a friend. We don't want to take advantage of him, though. We want to get it back as soon as we can.

All that will.....I'm asking you to pray for us. We're not asking for a mansion. It was an older house anyway. We just want a house back. I'm sure there's a reason for all of this. Don't know if I will ever know what it is, though. We've lived through a nightmare. Only if you've had a fire, can you imagine what we've been through trying to salvage little things that meant so much.

I said I was going to make a long story short......sorry. Guess I just needed to vent a little. Guess I should pray more & vent less!

Hope all have a good day.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:49 AM   #93  

Blessing today! It is quiet here today my to older kids were working and my middle two went to kings Island with a good friend of mine. So I had to take my two youngest to Grandma's because there was no one home to watch them durning the day. I colored my hair a new shade and it looks so good with my tan I have! And the shirt I wore to work today I realized was really starting to be big on me! I did get on the scale and it said the same as the other one (but this one weights 3lbs heavier so that would mean another 3 lb loss). My DD is doing better her cyst is still draining but she is much better. Just keep my 16 yr old in your prayers she has this one girl friend who is really troubled and this girl keeps comming around. I feel sorry for her but she drags my DD down with her problems. (I am trying to keep them apart)
Angel lover-I will keep you in my prayers. I know what you must be going through my Mom's house burned to the ground while we were out of town at a funeral (her favorite nephews) She lost her beloved dog but by the grace of God my Mom for some unknown reason move all her pictures to her room and that room was the only room we were able to save anything from. She also had problems with the insurance company (they gave her names of people to rebuild who way under bid. So she ended up buying a new house but then she had trouble getting homeowners because she had a fire! A big HUG for you.
EZ-That must have been some wedding! Your new SIL must be speical because I would have kicked out the guys!
Sherry-So glad things are looking up for you! What a fun thing to do together with your DD!
Mitchypoo-a great big L for loser guy! It is his loss! Keep on working out and make him eat his heart out!
Wilma-I had to laugh because that is what happens to my garden everytime I try to plant one! Keep up the good work at curves!
doitforme-How is the camping? I am feeling so much better. And when I have a tough day I just let it roll off.

I am keeping this group in my prayers,
Old 06-25-2003, 08:03 AM   #94  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CEers ,

Happy Wednesday! Well, my weightloss has slowed down but that is OK, I'm staying at 10 lbs. in less than a week. I'm eating good, and best of all, i'm feeling good. I'm not waking up feeling like I have a hangover, that's what sugar does to me. And my pants are fitting better. I'm getting in lots of water. And I'm feeling more energetic although that's still a problem. I'll go in maybe tomorrow to have my blood work done to check thyroid.

Angel-lover, yes you and family will be in my prayers. Wow, it must be devastating dealing with a fire and then the aftermath.
My cousins friend last year lost their house totally to fire, everything burned but the brick and an office in the basement. The dog saved the family by allerting them. She too had trouble with the insurance company, they became very nitpicky and she had to prove every single item she had. They want date of purchase, model, color, size, enough to drive anyone crazy. But it WILL work out, so don't worry. It sounds like you are blessed with good friends and family.

I must get off of here and get ready for work. It's rainy here and we've had lots of tornado and sever storm watch's since yesterday. It gets a little annoying after awhile. We have it scrolling on TV too.

Have a great day!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:44 AM   #95  

Default Wednesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is everyone this morning? I am moving sluggishly and I'm tired. Yesterday was my day off but I was everything but off. Kelli and her friend celebrated by getting makeovers and then going to the movies. I ran everywhere, back and forth all day long. I counted and without doing any patients, I stopped and started my car 24 times yesterday!!!!! Whew!!!!! But the girls had a GREAT time and we went and saw Finding Nemo which was a real cute movie. It had good storyline and no cussing. Yay!!!! Don't find those much anymore. I took many picture of the girls all "dolled" up following their hair cut and styled, makeup, pedicures, and manicures. Wow! They looked so beautiful!!!!

Please say a little prayer for me. I've been real down the last few days and frustrated. My dh and I have had some problems and it's really made me stop and think things over. I really love my dh but right now, I guess I could say I don't really like him. He has said some things that have hurt me really deeply and I'm not sure if I can ever be where we were before. It's all made me stop and reflect on our lives. Some of you remember that he used to be a deacon in our church and a teacher and then all of a sudden he just up and quit going and hasn't gone back but maybe a handful of times since in 3 years. The kids and I continued to go until the last few months and I miss it sooooooooo much and so do the kids. Now the problem......because of some things that happened, he has forbid us to go back to our old church because of some of the problems there. But that church is where my heart is and the kids too. I've been trying to get him to agree to go visit some other churches. So far he's not willing. And I'm not sure I have the gumption to do it without him. My heart is so heavy, and I'm really sadder than I remember being in a long time. I've cried for several days now, when I have had the time. Monday especially was bad, but I was too busy yesterday. I have even tried to talk him into going to a Christian counselor but he refuses and says that he doesn't have a problem, I do. Well, maybe that's true but in my opinion if things aren't right between us then he also has a problem. But he doesn't see that he's done anything wrong and that's it's all in my head. Does anybody out there understand this? If I wasn't of sound mind and didn't love my kids so much, I could see where someone in my shoes could end it all. I feel like I am hitting my head against a very thick brick wall. And getting no where. And I don't feel I have anywhere to turn. I don't what to burden any of my friends with this and I really can't afford counseling on my own. Please pray for me and my family.

I'm sorry to be so gloomy today. Please forgive me. I will try to write later. I must go now. Thanks to you all for always giving me a kind word or some inspiration to keep going whether you knew it or not.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:16 PM   #96  

Hello Sami. Feels good when those clothes are getting looser, doesn't it?! Good for you! Thank you for your prayers. I hope your mom is doing well now. Yes, we had contractors sent in to underbid, also. All kinds of problems.

Mitchypoo.... the weightloss does slow down a bit, most of the time, after you've been on a diet awhile. Although, I believe I was still losing in inches, even the weeks I didn't lose. The main thing is try to maintain what you have, so when you go back to losing, you won't have weight accumalated, to make up for. Sounds like you're doing well. Thanks for your prayers. Yes, we also had to get proof of everything in house, color, material, etc. .....5 times! They could never be pleased. It was in November(very cold), no power in the house, wet from firehoses, smokey, etc. I had to do all this alone, so hubby could work. Of course, had to go find replacements as near to it as possible, & do the same with it, just to get replacement costs. Of course, they depreciated all property, & even depreciated our house by almost $10,000! Houses aren't suppose to depreciate! My advice is read policy or have a lawyer read it, before you buy. And by all means, take videos & pics of everything in your house & put in a fireproof safe!

Mrshummer....I'm so sorry. I will be praying for you. I would highly suggest that you go to church (somewhere) regular. You need it & your children need it. I know it must be very hard to go without your husband, but you really need the strength you can get from church & friends there. Remember the story of when you can't carry yourself, He will carry you? Right now, you need to let Him carry you. Also, if your husband sees you staying out of church, he may completely give up on going. Hold on........don't give up. You may have to get counseling without him. At least, someone would be there to advise you more on how to handle things. Don't feel like you are a burden to friends. If they are real friends, they want to be there for you & you need them now. Any time you want to post here & talk, or email me, I'll be glad to listen & pray with you.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:44 PM   #97  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down WEDNESDAY

HI LADIES

Hope all is well with you gals. The wife and I just got home from our monthly Costco trip-- I swear we could buy another house on what we spend on drinks (big bottles of water, sport bottles of water, soda, Snapple, juice for the kids, juice for dad (beer ) coffee, tea and V8).
Been busy at work but took today off to paint the interior of a house the church owns- my brother and I. Wasn't too long of a day so that was cool- especially when it is donated

WILMA- I made my veggie beds out of plaster and block- they are 6' long 3' wide and 3' high so that SOME of the critters stay out. I have a fence around my yard but they are clever- usually they stay next door as the neighbor lady, recently deceased, had alot of openings in her yard. Great with the curves- next year the only curves we will be talking about are the ones on your body

SHERRY I am so sorry about the problem with DH- I wish there was some great advice I could give you-- I know sometimes we are to just go ahead and do what is right-- however it needs to be at the right time- in other words when all else has failed-- the worse thing we can do is try to push someone to the Lord-- since it is a free gift and each one has to choose for themselves we have to be careful-- I know from my divorce years ago that you can't make anyone do something- even if they agree you are right! I remember my Ex. telling my Pastor ' I know Gary, you and God are right, BUT, this is what I am going to do!" God allows us to stray-- of course it makes it much harder coming back but that is the only way some of us learn. The only thing I can say dear is if he doesn't care if you and the kids go then by all means GET THE GUMPTION!!!! and do it, then just casually WITHOUT pressure invite him back. In my prayers always!!!!

ANGEL-LOVER I am sorry for your troubles with the fire- you will be in my prayers! I have learned alot on what information to have in case it happens to my house- what a mess you guys had/have.

MICHELE- So glad you are feeling much better- see what happens when you don't have one of us guys to worry about Great job on maintaining a good diet- that is the key. I saw the weather on the news this morning-- TAKE COVER!!

SAMI- What a nice break for a little while from all the kids. It doesn't matter what the scales says dear- it sounds like you feel alot better about the way you look and that is what is important-- wow! a tan and new hair color- woo-woo! bet the DH is excited!! Of course you know the kids and I don't but have you though of not forbidding your daughter of seeing the one girl (you know they will find a way if they want , to see each other) and in stead inviting her over often and showing her the good examples? I am sure you have- in my prayers.

Well the wife says it is time for dinner- orange roughy, steamed veggies, warm roasted garlic loaf bread and basmanti rice-

IN CHRIST- Gary
Old 06-25-2003, 09:43 PM   #98  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Rainy Evening

Hi everyone! With my mornings changed because of my time spent at Curves I don't get on here as easily. I sweet talked DS into giving me a couple of minutes on here so I could connect with you.

I had the afternoon off yesterday and enjoyed the time off. I went shopping and then came home an cooked dinner. Chicken with barbeque sauce, cauliflower and Rice a Roni. Loved the chicken and cauliflower but didn't enjoy the rice very much. Oh well, can't have everything. Today I had a piece of the leftover chicken in my salad. YUM!

Gary: I find it funny that I didn't have a problem out in the country where most critters live but here in the city I get a cute little bunny. Oh well, at least he'll be healthy. I'll have to change my strategy.

mrshummer: I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through. Please be patient with him and show him the love you have for him. Maybe if he knows that you are there for him and won't hurt him he'll open up to you. Praying for you!

michele: Don't you love the energy? Tonight I didn't even feel like sitting around so I cooked up a spagetti sauce and made a snack for the kids and their friends for tomorrow. Keep up the great work!

sami: You sound like a new person. What colour is your hair now? I am proud of you and the changes you're making in your life. I agree with Gary about letting your daughter have her friend over only to your place. That way you can monitor them and also be a Godly influence on her.

angel-lover: What a mess you have to experience. I'm praying that things will work themselves out for you.

doitforme: Great to hear from you. Keep in touch.

Well, I should get going. Good night!
Old 06-25-2003, 10:38 PM   #99  

Hi Gary...you made me thirsty with all that drinking.LOL Thank you very much for your prayers...some days/weeks are worse than others. Seems never-ending sometimes.

Hi Wilma....glad you enjoyed that meal. We don't enjoy all the meals we eat on a diet, do we?! Thank you so much for your prayers, also.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:16 AM   #100  

Hello Praying that your having a great day! I am working late today to do an orientation I think I have 10 people tonight. I have a lot of last min things to do because I am taking friday off. I have had 4 three day weekends off in a row and I will have next friday off also. I have a lot of Vac time saved up because I have been with the company so long. My oldest DD loves her new job!!! And they found a Apt to live in that is real nice. So the good Lord is blessing them.
EZ-I don't forbid the girl from comming over because I know they would find a way. I have just keep her from going with the girl. And I try really hard not to dog the girl in front of my DD but I do talk about some of the things the girl does that brings on her troubles. Like she was braging that when her Mom grounds her she leaves anyway! And I will say to Staci You know I would go after you and bring you back! She laughs (but so far she has been talking very open with me)
Angel lover-I am Praying that things are so much better. My Mom is doing Great now. I can look back and see the Lords hand everywhere through her tough times. When someone from our church had a fire the whole church pulled together and helped them. Talk to the pastor and see if maybe on Sat a group can get together to help. People like to help but they need to be ask because they feel like they are butting in if they don't get ask.
Wilma-My hair is a reddish copper (my real real color is light brown with a lot of red to it) But I am pretty tan so the red really looks good with my really green eyes. I am going to up my work out to see if I can boost my weight loss. I will start Fri. I have been measuring every Sunday and I have lost 3 inches in my hips!!!! and I need to remember that eating healthy has made me feel so good so I don't fall off the wagon again!
Sherry-My heart goes out to you. {{{{HUG}}}} EZ is right you can't make someone do what is right. Remember my friend I told you about that walked out on his wife and 5 kids the spread terrible tales about his wife to justify why he did it. They went to counsling but when someone has closed thier heart all you can do is keep them in your Prayers. I pray that you will go to church because I know you will find encouragment there. And don't feel bad comming to us. Remember the LORD has brought this group together and we are here to encourage each other and Pray for each other. We Love you and we are here for you!
Mitchypoo-sounds like we are in the same boat with the weight loss I have up my cals a litte these last few days (all healthy) and I am going to up my activity.

I am asking for prayer for my Aunt who was just told she has cancer. I hope to find out more today.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:03 PM   #101  

Hi Sami....thanks for the reply. Our church is very small & most are up in age....not able to work on our house. They were very generous to help us financially, when it caught us unprepared (of course.) A lot of friends helped. As for friends....I do volunteer work at a christian tv station & they held a Saturday work day at our house. It was embarrassing, though, that the only ones from our family was our children. My husband has a large, close family. We thought they would be here helping us. Got very disappointed in them. His younger brother helps (when we can pay him), otherwise , we're on our own. See, that's one reason we need prayer so badly. I'm in bad health, so not much help. I sit here watching my husband come in from work, very tired. Then he starts to work on the house & doesn't stop until bedtime. When it first happened, everyone was here, promising help. I guess they got tired of waiting for the ins to pay. I don't know. I'm afraid I'm losing faith in people. I've always loved his family so much. (I really don't have any family, to speak of)My husband has done so much for all of them. Of course, he didn't expect things in return......but he could use some help. I just don't understand.

Sorry for such a long post. Trying to explain is hard to do in just 2 or 3 sentences. That's one reason I stay on the computer so much & stay occupied. There's really nothing else to do here & I'm fighting depression (which is why I gained weight). Just pray for us, please.

I'll be praying for you Aunt...I'm so sorry. Also, about your daughter's situation. We raised 3 daughters & one son, so I know what you're talking about. God bless you.

Last edited by Angel-lover; 06-26-2003 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:40 AM   #102  

Default Friday

Morning CEers!!!!

Thank you to each and everyone of you that sent your support and prayers my way. I have done a lot of praying and reflecting on God's word and have been convicted about going to church Sunday with the kids but as of yet I'm not sure which church. I'm still praying on that one and that answer hasn't become clear yet. Things are still very strained and I am licking my wounds. We don't seem to even be able to have a civil conversation. God is the ONLY one who can turn this around. One of the bad things in this situation is that we live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone. I don't want other folks thinking bad of my dh. I'm not sure what his problems are but he is a wonderful man in the general sense.

Angel-lover~ God is carrying me as we speak. Yes, we will be getting back into church this Sunday, somewhere. Thank you.

Gary~ I'm getting the gumption back. I'm normally a very strong person but somehow I have weakened. Probably the lack of going to church lately.

Michele~ Thank you so very much my special friend. If I need to, you will hear from me.

Sami~ Thanks for your kind words! And the hug.

Wilma~ Yes, I'm trying to be kind and lovable. Thanks.

Thanks to you all!!!! God has blessed me with such sweet friends!!! Please continue to pray because, the old devil will try to interfere you know, and it isn't Sunday yet. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 09:39 AM   #103  

Mrshummer......Praying for you daily.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:39 AM   #104  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down TGIF-Morning

HI LOOOSERS--

Waiting for my brother to come so we can car pool-- wife has already taken off to teach summer school- the kids don't want to be there so it is making it difficult. Summer school in our area isn't like it used to be-- I remember going to do fun stuff- these days it is only for kids that are failing-- most of them refuse to do anything or at least NOT MUCH of anything.

ANGEL-LOVER- I am sorry it has taken so long for your house to be rebuilt-- I do know that we all have our own lives to live and that often times after the newness of a sickness, death or circumstances such as yours, people become numb to the situation- especially if it isn't directly facing them. I know when the first few boys died in the Freedom Iraq war I was devestated and cried- now I hardly raise my eyes from the newspaper when the latest casualties are announced. It is unfortunate but that is the way we are. We all want to be there for someone in their time of need but often we aren't. I will pray for help for you and your husband.

SHERRY I know it can't be easy talking with someone who doesn't really want to talk to you- been there- I think as long as you focus on not to get in an argument, and yet hold on to your respect, you will be ok. If he doesn't care if you and the kids go to church then go and just keep trying them until you find the one for you. Wait for your husband to ask about it- don't try to encourage (bug) him to come- God will be pulling on him-- all we can do is change ourselves- others have to change themselves if they want and sadly often times they don't want to. Oh and I pretty much don't care what people think of me!! small town or not. Prayers- P.S. How is it going at the wellness center-- don't say you aren't going- that is one thing you can do!!

SAMI- I am happy DD loves her new job- I missed on what it is. As far as the 16 yr. old- sounds like you have a great line on the situation- it takes time- all you can do is plant seeds like inviting and taking to youth groups, etc. Sometimes kids brag because it makes them feel special- which means someone else isn't making them feel that way. Prayers for your aunt- cancer sucks- been in my family alot. Sounds like you are going to be the hottie mommy for the wedding- maybe DH can take you on a second honeymoon

WILMA- Hey girl- if going to Curves keeps you from posting as much, TOO DAMN BAD!! that is way more important-- I hope to never see you post again Well not really, maybe you can in between bunny hunts.

Well I hear my brother in the garage- Have a great day-

IN CHRIST- Gary
Old 06-27-2003, 04:56 PM   #105  

Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ,
I am new to SB came across the board am very happy about this.
I need help in understanding this WOE. I have been doing this for almost two weeks and have not lost a pound.Any advice you can give. I feel I have been eating the way I am to be eating. I could really use some Help! In Christ, Lisa
Closed Thread