Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 08:11 PM   #61  

Angry Saturday

Good Afternoon CEers!!!!

How is everyone this afternoon? It has been a beautiful day here in the south. No rain, for the first day in almost two weeks. I'm not complaining about the rain grant you because we needed it so much. I haven't done much today. Been taking it easy. Kelli and I have been working out everyday and couldn't go today because it's only opened M-F. I actually missed working out. I did some here but not quite the same. I never thought I would actually miss working out.

Sue~ Hope you have a good week at the camp. Sounds great!

Gary! Hope you have a GREAT Father's day!!!! Kick back and enjoy yourself doing whatever feels GOOD!! Sorry to hear about your neighbor dying. How sad!

Michele~ How did things go with Mr. Friday, last night? Is he around for the whole weekend? Hope you are having a blast!!!

Wilma~ Sounds like your B'Day was a good one. I'm glad. It's the little things all put together that make things so special. Ya know?

Well, Hope ya'll have a GREAT weekend!!!! Remember your Father's tomorrow and even special men in your life, it's a good time to let them know how much you care.

Cya soon.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:46 PM   #62  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down SATURDAY NIGHT

HI LADIES--

Just got home from church-- went tonight so that my daughter could go- with her house sitting and dog(baby)sitting she didn't thinl she could get here in the morning early enough. We went for fish tacos after-DD is taking me out to dinner tomorrow-- my son is leaving in the morning for a week with his high school cross country team, they are going to the mountains for a training/bonding session. This could end up being quite an experience for my son-- no lady coaches or moms can go and the head coaches wife is carrying a very pre-mature baby they don't think will co-operate! if she delivers the head coach is leaving my 22 yr. old son in charge of about 60 kids-- ouch-- about 30 teen-age girls. My son is very mature-- not the problem-- I just think it is scary with no female supervision when you are away for a week-- I forgot to mention the reason no lady coach is going is because she is the one with the baby. Wish my son luck

WILMA- Wow did the DH come through or what!! What a great guy-- see-- he does listen!! I did hear that Curves was great except it was hard to work-out sometimes with work because of their hours-- suggestion? plan meals ahead and go right after work every day-- it is just for 30 min. isn't it? You'll figure it out-- you are one of the smart ones!!!

doitforme- That bulletin sounds really great! My nephew came by yesterday-- he was a filthy mess but in really good spirits! I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks-- guess he is with his mom to stay-- hope that is for the best. Have fun at the camping!

SAMI Prayers for your DD-- how about the 16 DD- is she ok? Wow that boy just jumps right into work doesn't he. That ibs thing is it? my DD hates that-- she know she shouldn't eat certain foods too. Keep that weight coming girl-- you are doing great!!

SHERRY- Great job on the exercise-- way cool that you are trying to do a little at home too- great that DD can work-out with you-- keep that garden going.

MICHELE and ZOE- I hope all is going well with the move-in-- and the week-end guest!

Prayers for the family asked for a 27 yr. old police officer that was gunned down and died less than a mile from my house yesterday by a gang member on a routine traffic stop. It was quite a commotion until they captured him after 5 hours-- 20 police cars and 3 helicopters. Tense and so very sad.

Thanks for all the father's day wishes-- treat your men right on Sunday-- HEY-- you gals always do!!!!

IN HIS LOVE -- OUR FATHER EVERY DAY!!! -Gary
Old 06-15-2003, 12:52 AM   #63  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Happy Father's Day!

Hello CEers,

Gary~Happy Father's Day! I hope you enjoy your day. I missed it about the cop who was killed. Sorry to hear that.

Mr.Friday will now have to be called Mr.NextWeek! He had some car trouble and he was stressed and frankly so was I. So we decided to make it this next weekend. And my tummy ache went away? I was nervous about the weekend, getting everything done, and these things just work out like they are suppose to. But I was disappointed, not in him, but I was looking forward to seeing him.

Have a graduation party tomorrow afternoon. It's so hot here right now and the humidity is coming. Ick! And the mosquitos and gnats, double ick.

Plan to go to church, miss my father, call when i get home and get some stuff done around the house tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:06 AM   #64  

Angry Monday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!

How is everyone this wonderful morning? It's a cool clear day here in central TX and hopefully not to hot of a day. I have a lite patient load today so will be working out and preparing for a garage sale for maybe this weekend. But the question still remains. . . . .can I part with all this junk? Not really junk, but much more than I need. Some of you out there will surely understand that one.

Gary~ Hope you had a GREAT Father's Day!!! We were good to my dh. Against my better judgement I fixed his favorite meal: fried chicken strips, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade biscuits, green peas, canteloupe and a coconut cake. Yum-yum!!! But after we ate, we all felt bad. We knew better but we did it anyway. But it's back to "real" eating today. All of those fattening foods are GONE!!! Hope your son managed ok with the kiddos. I'm sure he did well, if he is anything like his father.

Michele~ Sorry Mr. Weekend, AKA Mr. Friday, AKA Whoever you want him to be, didn't get to come in this weekend. But maybe it will make the heart grow fonder? How are you really? I'm thinking about you.

Sami~ Sorry I missed you last post. I guess we posted about the same time. Prayers for your dd and the lump. Don't let those Drs slide, make them be aggressive. Congratulations on the THREE lbs!!!!! You are doing so awesome!!! What was the name of that med that's killing your appetite? Send me some.

Well, better hit the shower and get the little dd up. She is going to a type of summer school. They learn in the mornings; computers, readings, arts and crafts, etc and either go swimming, skating, to the library or to the park in the afternoons. It's a win win situation. She loves it and it's only $10/week. Where can you find that price on keeping a child 40 hours/wk???? My oldest is the babysitter but this frees her up and lets the little one have a blast.

Talk atcha later. Have a GOOD day!!!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:57 AM   #65  
Quit counting at 45!

Default A New Week!

We had a lovely rain last night and now it's looking like it's going to be a lovely day. It's been really hot here and the air conditioner isn't working. Hopefully one of those busy electricians we called will have some time this week.

I had a great weekend with the inlaws. We went out for lunch after church on Sunday and just relaxed. Very nice. They left this morning and it's back to work.

mrshummer: It doesn't hurt to eat that way once in a while but I'm like you I feel sick after. I had a chicken quesedilla and spring salad for lunch yesterday. It was great. DH still hasn't caught on and had fish and chips.

Gary: Hope you had a great Father's Day! I'm so sorry to hear about the policeman that was killed. There is no repect for our protectors anymore. We just had a court case for a man who shot an RCMP - no remorse or anything. It's so tragic.

Sami: I'll be praying for your DD. I hope it's nothing serious.

Well, I better get going and get ready for work. It's a long one today!

Have a super day!
Old 06-16-2003, 05:35 PM   #66  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down MONDAY

HI LADIES

Well I survived Father's Day -Thanks for all the wishes.
My step-d got me some of my favorite Starbucks coffee-should last a week- my son got me the usual (what I ask for) tee-shirt from his college (I kinda collect college and sports tee-shirts from the schools my kids attend) and my daughter took me out to our favorite Mexican Resturant-- one we have- I have- been going to for 37 years- same owner and his wife!! Great day! I even got to mow the grass at the house my daughter is house sitting at and move the big BBQ to the garage since the HUGE puppy- part lab part malamute (spelling on that?) is eating it. He is 9 months old and chewing everything in site. What are dad's for right.

WILMA- Glad you enjoyed your week-end- I hope it cools off or you get your A.C. working soon. Where I live we don't have it- maybe only 10 days a year would we turn it on anyway- I live close enough to the ocean for an ocean breeze and far enough away to miss the overcast, about 5 miles. How are the walks going? Don't be a quitter!!

SHERRY- My son is doing fine so far, however they will be there until Friday afternoon- thanks for asking. As far as the garage sale-- go for it girl! If you haven't used it or missed it in a year- my motto- get rid of it. I have so many drywall tools- the kind I don't use daily but have needed- heck I keep them stored nicely in crates and I NEVER get into them. We always make the kids downsize once a year- they have to go through all their stuff and give away what they don't want-- if it HAS to be saved and they don't want it in their room they have my wife or I give the O.K. to store it in the garage or in the storage above a room I have in the garage. Each year it gets easier! To be honest my son is quite the collector and has about 20 of the rubbermaid crates in the garage- all stacked neatly at least.

Hope all is well with the rest of you- catch up with you later

Gary
Old 06-16-2003, 05:39 PM   #67  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OOPS- I forgot you MICHELE- sorry! There are more details on the policeman that was killed- he was just walking up to the car and the creep unloaded his gun into him then stole the cops gun and emptied it into him- the poor guy didn't have a chance. Had a 6 month old baby and had just gotten his own car to go solo. Sorry things didn't happen with the MR. FRIDAY guy- good things can wait! Later- Gary
Old 06-18-2003, 08:47 AM   #68  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CEers

Gary~Fine, just forget me....... That is really awful about the cop. It makes you realize that there are really evil people in the world. The guy who shot him wasn't thinking that the cop was another human being, someone with loved ones. Terribly sad. I have a tremendous respct for cops, i don't think we realize how much they sacrifice for us.

I went to the Chiro yesterday and he says my thyroid is still out of whack, i'm just not feeling good. I will go in soon to see if the upped dosage is doing it, but I kind of don't think it is. My back is really sore this a.m.

I'm very frustrated with my weight and diet and i need to do some praying about this. I need to do something to get back on track.

Today i'm concentrating on this Scripture. Psalm 18:19
~ He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.

Have a blessed day!
Old 06-18-2003, 08:50 AM   #69  
Quit counting at 45!

I can't believe it's Wednesday already. Time is flying past.

I go for my orientation at Curves tonight. I'm excited about getting started. I've been reading reports on how it's helped others and I sure hope it'll do the same for me.

Have a wonderful day and keep posting!!
Old 06-18-2003, 08:59 AM   #70  

Unhappy Hi !

So sad about the policeman, that is one job, where they don't get paid enough for the element they deal with and the potential to be hurt. E.Z. sounds like you had a good father's day! Your son might have his hands full with those young ladies especially going into the mountains no blowdyers, or curling irons or mirrors oh, how will they survive, ha ha ha .
Wilma send some of that heat down to me, we were suppose to have a nice weekend and now there is a good chance it will rain and a cold front coming in yuck.
Mitchy sorry you didn't connect with Mr. Friday, but Mrs. hummer is right absence will make that anticipation so much more.
Mrs. Hummer-Have fun with your garage sale, a good way to earn extra $'s
Sami-Sorry to hear about dd hope everything is o.k. you are doing great down three more pounds way to go!
I got to work this am then off until next monday yeah, now if only the weather would cooperate. Oh, well, will still be good. See ya all when I get back, have a good weekend.
P.S. hi zoe- are ya all moved in yet! Pray all is going well.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:02 AM   #71  

Default Good morning-

wilma and mitchy you both posted while I was posting. Just wanted to say good morning and have a great day! See ya
Old 06-18-2003, 01:14 PM   #72  

Hello sorry I have been away for a few days but had a lot going on here. Sunday my DD was in so much pain and had taken way to much meds and because she took to much meds she couldn't keep any thing down. I took her to the hospital and the check in nurse said I bet she has a pilonidal cyst. Sure enough she had a pilonidal cyst (a cyst on her spine) It was so infected they opened it up and drained it. It has had to stay open to keep draining. They said she was born with it and will need surgery to keep it from comming back. She is still in pain but it is still draining. I had to buy a new scale because my youngest DD broke the button on my other. This one weights me a few lbs heaver. (3lbs) So I may not be able to claim a loss this week. But I am still on plan!
Wilma-let us know how curves goes! I am so happy for you!
doitforme-I hope the weather warms up for you. Here has been colder than normal.
EZ-STARBUCKS AND MEXICAN! That would be a perfect day for me. I also love t-shirts from diffrent places also. Did the room get done yet?
Sherry-I wish we had a summer school like your dd's I feel guilty because I work all day and I dead tired when I get home and they spend to much time watching tv sometimes. I do a lot of crafts so I get project together for them to do.
Mitchypoo-I am praying for you to get back on track. I know for me I was really down because of all my health problems. And just on a fluk the Dr put me on effexor (antidepressant) they use it for chronic pain and IBS and the wonderful side effects are I am not hungry! and it has really helped with my IBS so I feel so much better! I am more active and my attitude is a lot more postive. I know that health problems make it harder to stick to a diet but if you can get over the hump the healty eating will make you feel so much better. [[[big hug]]]

I pray you have an OP day!
Old 06-19-2003, 08:51 AM   #73  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I am feeling the effects of my Curves workout. I wondered how it would work but I am a bit sore this morning so it works. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I was weighed there and their scale showed that I weigh 177.5 instead of 174 on my scale at home. Rats!! Oh well, at least I have a year to work it off. I plan on going for 7:00 a.m. 3 mornings a week. I think it'll give me energy for the day.

Sami: Is your daughter feeling any better? How old is she? My prayers are with you. You are doing great with your eating. You are my inspiration!!

doitforme: I'd love to share my sunshine with you. Here's a little bit!! It's cooled down a bit here now and is bearable. DH got someone in to fix the air conditioner yesterday so now I'll be in comfort all summer!!

michele: It's so hard to get going sometimes isn't it? I will pray that you find something to inspire you. Unfortunately no one else can do it for you. We'd all be thin if that were true!!

Gary: You must be really busy these days. How's the room coming? What's for dinner? I was given a "Grilling" magazine on the weekend and it has some tasty recipes in it I'd love to try. I just need to get organized.

Have a super day!
Old 06-19-2003, 05:14 PM   #74  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down THURSDAY

HI LADIES

Well I just got home from work and the new room is carpeted!! Not only that but they delivered my new recliner the other day-- I am ready to go-- a nice quiet room for bible study, crafts for the wife, or whatever else we decide.

I have been busy this week at work then the computer is hard to get to when my step-d is here-- alot of on-line talk. Plus I have been watching the college world series baseball in the evenings.

WILMA- Great job at Curves I am so positive by this time next year we will see you on those tv commercials-- you know, the ones that say results not typical in teeny letters at the bottom ONLY your loss will be from great work!!! Wife has been cooking since she is home from school this week- she starts summer school next week. Last night it was the tri-tip with tequila marinade, night before it was tacos-- tonight leftovers and bruchetta she is making with tomatoes and basil from our garden. Are you still going to go on your walks or will that be too much?

SAMI- Sorry about DD and the cyst but at least it sounds like she will be ok when it is all over. Glad the ibs is doing better with the new medicine-- maybe I should mention it to my daughter. So what with the new scale-- no problem for you!! Keep up the good work-- that wedding is coming soon.

doitforme- How did the camping go this (coming) week-end? Hope you had a great time.

MICHELE- Come on back girl! A little let down now and then keeps us humble. Praying works for sure on the diet but God wants us to help Him out a little too! he has given us alot of healthy resources to take advantage of-- we just need to use the willpower He blessed us with. It takes time to reach a point where you can truly see the effects and WANT to continue-- I know it was that way with my smoking-- once I saw how much better I was feeling and how much better I looked and smelled I really TRULY began to want to stay a NON-SMOKER for life. Too bad it took me 25 years to get to that point. You can do this! Hope Mr. Friday is way cool this week-end.

SHERRY My wife wants to know where you can sign-up for that $10 class How are you and DD doing on the new work-out schedule? Have fun with it.

Well I have a job to go bid- see you all later, Gary

THROUGH CHRIST ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE and that is a fact!
Love ya
Old 06-20-2003, 11:36 AM   #75  

Hello everyone. I just joined the forum today. Was very glad to see a Christian thread, as well as others. I'm a christian, & count on my Lord for all things.

Hope you don't mind, I've been lurking for awhile. Have received encouragement, and blessings from what I've read.

Wish you all well.
Closed Thread