3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Oh no...I had sweets! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/280329-oh-no-i-had-sweets.html)

KYgirlinSC 04-24-2013 07:30 PM

Oh no...I had sweets!

So for the past 3 weeks I have been very well at eating very little sweets. It's been so awesome to say I haven't had any....
Today was not a good day at work so in the meeting that I was in...I had a candy bar, piece of chocolate and some hard candy! :( On the flip side...during the break...I asked a friend to smack my hand...I ate too many sweets...and had my apple. I am not mad b/c I realized what I was doing and stopped!!! So I am sorry for the long post...thanks for listening...

NorthernChick13 04-24-2013 07:58 PM

Don't be sorry! That's why we're al here! Good for you for having a littttle bit! I think if we eliminate foods from our diet, we increase the risk for big binges. Having a small portion of some of your faves food is just fnie, so long as you watch the caloric intake. You're good, so long as it doesn't happen daily!

L J 04-24-2013 08:02 PM

It happens! Just keep on doing what you do on plan the rest of the day and chalk it up as one of those things. I'm sure that if you stay on plan the rest of the day, and week, it won't affect you one bit. Don't beat yourself up.

RavenWolf 04-24-2013 08:02 PM

A little bit here and there is not going to harm you! Good for you for stopping at just a few pieces! It's good to have what we love as a treat once in a while!

pnkrckpixikat 04-25-2013 10:25 AM

Good job for stopping, IDK if I would have been able to

KYgirlinSC 04-25-2013 06:38 PM

Thanks for the support everyone! I didn't want to stop but knew I would be very unhappy with my self! And I am proud to say that when I was offered ice cream today I said no thank you!

shcirerf 04-25-2013 10:26 PM

Congrats on "no" on the ice cream!

And so you had a few sweets. It is what it is.

After a long time at this game, I've realized, it takes time to reorder your thinking.

The good news is, with patience and practice, it does get easier!:carrot:

Changergirl 04-25-2013 11:03 PM

I usually keep some sweets in the house at all times so when I feel the urge I can have a tiny bit which is now enough to satisfy me. I've never been one to completely cut out things because for me it's going to make a binge on those things so much more likely. I'm actually really proud of myself for still having some Easter chocolate in the freezer because normally I would have eaten everything in a couple days now I get to enjoy it over a longer period of time. I think like everything else, you just have to make sure that your portion sizes are correct.

Good job with saying no to ice cream, after knowing you already indulged a bit!!

Rhiko 04-26-2013 06:54 AM

Don't worry about it. You stopped yourself from eating more, right? That's excellent progress :hug: Having sweets one day is not going to destroy your eating plan and you can always do extra exercise to lose some of the calories. It's no biggie :)