Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #16  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a lot of motivation...although i'm currently struggling as to what i'm wanting to do...i'd love to lose more weight but i'm happy where i'm at (although I still have 30 pounds left to lose)...I want to become more fit or at least maintain my current fitness level....

i'm motivated by old pictures to NOT regain any of the weight that I've lost although i'm not super motivated to keep losing just yet...

I want to maintain or lose more so that I can look better and feel better...to wear smaller sizes...things like that...for my family of course...but I think a huge part of it comes from wanting to be healthy and strong as I grow older...I have a LOT of back problems and in the past have undergone extensive chiropractic treatments and luckily avoided major back surgery...I've had to use a cane while my back healed up...I've been unable to move much from back problems before and barely able to clean my house etc....and i'm motivated to get the rest of my body in great shape even if I don't have control over what my spine is doing...I want the rest of my body to be strong and healthy...I joke with DH that I want to be the "fittest person in a wheelchair" when i'm 65 and my back finally gives out

I want to be fit and strong as I grow older so I can go out and do the things I want to do when my kids are older....I want to travel...I want to hike...I want to ride motorcycles with DH along historic Route 66...I'm going to Europe and tracing my family history in the Czech Republic...I'm going to walk around the little village where my family came from...and none of this is going to be very fun if i'm fat and out of shape
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #17  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

My motivation is that I need to do this for myself because I know how I will feel once I get to my goal weight.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
I want.
That's a great motivator and I wish you and the others working on fertility a fruitful future! I was pretty heavy when I conceived my babies, one at 210 pounds, and my pregnancies were I eventful. I think it's great to get into top shape before, but I wouldn't want to spend years on it, yk?

My boys are a big part of my motivation, both for present and future. Of course I want to be around and healthy for them as long a possible, and I also don't want to be an embarrassment (I know that's terrible, but hard not to worry about that when you're very heavy). My biggest fear though is to have obesity or diabetes related issues that will be really onerous on my family. I hate the idea of dh having to take care of me or for my kids to see me unable to take care of myself or in pain.

But on a day to day basis, just getting to feel better in my smaller cuter clothes is pretty motivating.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #19  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
That's a great motivator and I wish you and the others working on fertility a fruitful future!
I agree! It's a wonderful motivator that I haven't lost sight of yet. DH and I are going to start TTC in 2014. YAY! I'm also actively working on increasing my magnesium, vitamin A and folic acid stores.

I have a whole pinterest page dedicated to preconception. I geek out on it. http://pinterest.com/seasonallove/pr...rep-fertility/

Thanks for your support and encouragement!
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/220/130ish

Height: 5'4

My motivation right now is closet full of very cute size 10 clothes that I have and can't wear. Even though last January they all fit me.

And my son. I don't want my son to grow up with hang-ups about food. I don't want him to see me obese.
Dichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
I'm going to Europe and tracing my family history in the Czech Republic...I'm going to walk around the little village where my family came from..
Let me know if I can help, or you need a place to stay. I happen to be Czech!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 190 / 170 / 145

Height: 5' 8''

I scroll through motivational fitness pics on Tumblr during moments of weakness haha.
My ultimate motivation is my mom. I'm going to be a living kidney donor so I have to be at a healthy weight, and I want to be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle after the surgery.
But on a daily basis I just remind myself why I need to do this, and I'm always setting mini-goals so that my ultimate goal doesn't seem so far away.
Ahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #23  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

My Coach,My faith,my family ,my dogs,myself,people who are watching me lose weight.
200,000 mile Overhaul

So I have to keep going to be able to go in the shop and have my tires rotated and my engine rebuilt

Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #24  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I lost weight a couple years ago, but I went back to work FT a few months ago after four years as a SAHM who went to the gym regularly. I felt so much healthier and confident 17 lbs lighter, so that's a big motivator. The closet full of clothes that are currently too small also helps kick me in the butt!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybug02 View Post
I have infertility problems but once I cut out sugar and lost weight I would get pregnant. I have five kids and it certainly does help to get healthy. Fat stores extra estrogen and that messes with our hormones. I wish you all that you desire.
That happened with my DIL. She tried for 2 years to get pregnant. Finally she lost 20 lbs and WHAM she was pregnant just like that! She stopped at one, though. LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote