Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 07:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default Stay At Home Mom's #75

WELCOME!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #74 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Day, All!

Ginny: Aren't you glad that I opened up a new thread? Five pages was a bit long for me to follow too! As for these boys & their homework-I'm glad the school year is coming to an end. I loved the math H.W. story. As for diet & exercise-You are doing great by getting in your walks and staying within your points range. I'm proud of you!! (I sure wish I was headed in the right direction.) Things will slow up soon, I hope!

Spryng: I can tell that you're more than ready for the baby's delivery! Hang in there Hon! As for dialating goes-each baby is different. I was dialated a fingertip for weeks with my son. I lost his mucus plug nearly a month before he was born. I had my "bloody show" the night before he was born & was still dialated a fingertip! They put me in the hospital for a few hours hooked up to monitors & checked for more dialation to no avail! They finally discharged me from the Hosp. at 8:00 pm that night and told me they would see me in a few days or so. My dh & I went out for Italian Food immediately after my release
(Just a mile from the Hospital) and in the middle of my Lasagna meal I started to have intense contractions, but thought that it was nothing! So...at l0:00 that same night, I started having regular timed contractions that lasted the whole night. I called the Dr. the next am & he told me to send my dh to work & that I needed my rest. Well, I'm glad that I followed my instincts & called the Hosp. because they told me that if I felt that uncomfortable, I should just come in to be on the safe side. Well-good thing I did because I was dilated to 10 and because I didn't come in when I was having my intense contractions, my son decided to drop square (shoulders wanting to come out at the same time) due to me standing up for so long in the shower when I should have been laying down. So....dilated at l0, I ended up pushing for 2 hours! The birth of my dd was just opposite. My water broke at home, so I went to the hosp. just an hour later of it breaking. I wasn't dilated, so they made me walk the floors the entire night. I still wasn't dilated by a.m., so they induced me at 7:30 a.m. & dd was born just l0 min. later! (Only 2 pushes needed) Both of my babies were born 3 days after their due dates. I did a ton of walking right up until their deliveries. (13 miles of walking per day while delivering mail.) So... Spryng-maybe it was the Italian food that I ate, huh? I guess you'll have to give it a try! Mel: I loved the ultrasound picture! I at first have to admit that I thought you posted a picture of the puppies & couldn't make heads or tails out of the picture! (No pun intended!) But-I re-read your post & then I could totally make out the baby once I tilted my head a little. How funny, huh? As for the puppies-I know how busy you are with them, as I'm going thru the same thing with Mamma Kitty right now. She had 7 kittens, but one died at birth & another died a week ago because a Tom cat came by & killed it & if it wasn't for my ds hearing the commotion, another kitty would have been next. So-we now have Mamma & her kitties in the garage where they can be safe!
DH moved the cars outside, washed the garage floor & got rid of all the mouse/rat poison. Oh! Any type of baby is a lot of fun, isn't it? As for your baby: Don't worry about her slowing down her movements, as it is getting to be more tight living quarters for her & also with you as active as you are with the puppies-you are probably moving around so much that you keep rocking her to sleep! Do you notice that she's more active when you're laying down trying to go to sleep yourself? Well gals, it's time for me to go get ready for my WW WI & meeting. I know I've gained, so I'll just go for the pep talk I guess! TTFN!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
I hope the talent show goes well tonight Ginny!! Have lots of fun.
Mel I hope you are feeling more rested now and those contractions have subsided. I've had braxton hicks since 22 weeks along so I know how important it is to take it easy.
Well, I have felt better this evening. I even went ahead and took the Metamucil. It didn't taste too bad at all. We'll find out tomorrow if it works to get labor started. Lets hope and pray!! I have my best friend coming to visit tomorrow from tennesee. I'm so excited. She will be here until wednesday. So tomorrow I will be cleaning house before she gets here. I was just too pooped today to mess with it. I did make a nice dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread so at least the family got fed, but that was all I did.
Jackie thanks for starting a new thread!! And thanks for the encouragement on labor. I did have spaghetti tonight, is that italian enough? lol I guess I will find out soon.
Well I am calling it a night. Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 06-01-2003, 08:34 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Wow~ where is everyone???????
Thanks Jackie, for starting the new thread. This past week was just a wee bit too busy for me to do so.........gotta go Dd is using the puter and I stole a minute to say hi! And she is so crabby.
See ya tomorrow.
Ginny
(hi, Spryng!)
Old 06-01-2003, 09:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Here I am!!! I've been sooooo busy! We have started putting some real effort in to the nursery DH is currrently upstairs pounding nails. I'm getting so excited about this baby I can hardly stand it! It's been so nice here too so I've been out everyday with the kids. We went out in the pond yesterday and hunted tadpoles, crawfish and found one salamander. The kids love it. Its been really hard for me to keep off the horses. The dr said absoluty not to go ridding and I'm dying to where it has been so warm here. This time of year on the trails is my favorite.
I can't remember who asked about where the name orginated that I picked. Anyhow, Baylend is Irish and Merle is my husband's middle name. My cousin got a book of Irish babynames years ago when she had her son (Drennen) And Baylend sorda stuck with me. It does sound southern tho. I guess thats even more the reason I like it.
Glad to hear that you are all doing ok and all. Ginny seems that you are really keeping up with your program. I'm so glad you have found something that works with you. Jackie its always so good to hear from you and I'm sure things will slow down so you can find your groove. I loved your lasagna delivery story btw
Well Spryng. I wish I could help you with your labor. I walked ALOT. But both my children were enduced. Water broke with the first one at home and I had srong contractions 3 min apart but my labor wasn't productive. So they enduced and 2 pushes...15 min Dd1 was here. With Dd2 She was due in March with a heavy snow storm on the way. And when it snows here we can't get out but for helicopter. So my Dr. decided the baby was big enough and I had a planned enduction... 3 pushes and 10 min she was here. Just be careful hon. When he is ready he will come. My friend used some kind of codliver oil or something and It did the job but also made her delivery miserable. It gave her the diarreah and caused the babys bowels to move in the sac so it all was pretty bad. Be careful with anything that makes ya "go" ok.
oh girls over look my typos! I gotta scoot Dh is calling me and no time to spellcheck :P
Have a good day ya all
Old 06-01-2003, 11:43 PM   #6  

Good evening all!
Well I am so tired tonight. We went and watched finding Nemo today and it was such a cute movie!! The kids loved it too.
Misty I wish I would have read your post earlier... I took the castor oil about an hour ago. YUCK!!! I took about 3 oz, but I am so constipated (sorry, too much info I know) so if it doesn't put me into labor at least it will clean me out so I won't feel so bloated. I feel terrible. I'm scared of castor oil but I'm more scared of a 10 lb baby coming out. But I will keep you all informed.
Well, I am so tired. I'll chat with you all tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:23 AM   #7  
One day at a time.

Morning Ladies,

Not much going on here, just thought I'd check in on everybody! It's been so quiet around here, I'm glad everyone is checking in!!!

Well I guess I'm going to have breakfast, so I'll be back later!

Have a good day!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:30 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Thankfully, life is a whole lot more sane here...........Dd is in school and not terrorizing the household with her hormonal outbursts! Last night was a winner....as I tried to sneak on the 'puter- she spent the whole day working on a paper that is due today.......sounds like she would have fared a lot better if she did it when it was assigned instead of hanging out at her bf's house. . But then what do I know, I am only her mother. She was awful last nite, screaming, crying......bellyaching........somehow it was all my fault - no it did not bother me a bit, I only felt bad for her plight........which she made primarily by herself....... But I did get a nice walk in this am- and the Lord blessed me with a gorgeous cool breezy morning to walk in! (it was 45 when I went out).

Michele- when is your due date (forgive me for forgetting.....)?
Gee this is so exciting for you! Enjoy this pregnancy (being that you say it is your last)- and the beautiful spring weather. I love tadpole/frog catching...we have a pond about 500 feet from our house and it teems with sunnies and frogs. The kids love it (me too!). Glad that your nursery is coming along. What is Dh doing- are you converting another room?

Spryng- did you survive the cod liver oil? Don't worry about telling us about your physical woes- we have all been thru it - one way or another........and we are all friends here! I just hope that you can deliver early. I agree with Michele- walk, walk, walk......as long as you do not get into trouble with your BP or ankles swelling too much. Does your midwife have any suggestions about making labor come on??

Well, I had better go- today is my day at Ds's school for lunch and being that he will be in HS next year- well I'd better enjoy this while I can! Hope that everyone is having a good day. See ya later!
GInny
Old 06-02-2003, 09:45 PM   #9  

geesh kinda wondering how that oil effected Spryng? hmm. Hope you are doing well hon. I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.
Mel I totally forgot to mention yesterday that I loved your 3d ultrasound pic. Thanks for sharing. Those are so amazing.
Ginny, I'm due November 21 it was the 27 Thanksgiving day but at the las ultrasound they moved it up. We have been in the process of remodeling our entire house for years lol. I don't know if you all remember me saying we bought a farm house built in the 1800's and gutted it to start over. Sooo the nursery is brand new. We just finished the drywall and are putting in the trim and paint... then carpet. Its turning out really cute. Well I've had a pretty good day. I babydat for my friends son and took all the kids to story hour at the library. It was a ball. I don't get much of a chance to have lil boys around. We had so much fun with him. I think I had to much salt today. I took a nap and when I woke up my hands were really swollen. Feels kinda yucky. I'm trying to get a few glasses of water in to wash it out. Other than that I feel pretty good. Well Its getting late and I still have chores to do in the barn. Nighters gals....
Old 06-03-2003, 12:20 AM   #10  

Good evening all!
Well let me tell you castor oil is gross gross gross and doesn't work! I was up all night running to the bathroom and had some contractions but they subsided by this afternoon (they never became painful or anything) so it didn't work for me. I won't be trying that again. I'll just stick to my evening primrose oil and blue cohosh, at least it doesn't have any side effects. But I see my midwife tomorrow and get another exam so hopefully we have good news. I'll keep you all informed.
I'm glad your nursery is going well Misty!! How exciting! We didn't do a nursery this time since Tanner will be sharing a room with his brother eventually, but I always wanted to do that.
Well ladies I am exausted as usual so off to bed I go. Pray that this baby decided to come soon!! I am so ready!! 37 weeks along today!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:50 AM   #11  

good mornin I was just checking in before I get my day started. I'm so glad you are ok Spryng. Sorry that oil was such a bad experience.
Everyone have a great OP day!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:08 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Michele~ gee your house sounds so neat.........I'm sure it has lots of character- (more than the 70's raised ranch I live in ).
But all that rennovation work is just that work....and the cleanup can be a bear too. Glad that you are so happy with the nursery and had such a fun day. Little boys are different, that's for sure! But fun too.

Spryng~ sorry about that castor oil.........yuck!! I hope you are feeling better too! Fill us in with what the midwife says, I am anxious to hear if she has any advice as to what might speed up labor a bit- there has to be something other than pitocin (dreaded stuff- I had that with Ds). Congrats on making 37 weeks too!

Well- busy life here continues. Dd won here game last nite- against the main local rival (who I would be hard pressed to say anything nice about- a "dirty" team). So she is happy........for now. I did get a 50 minute walk in this am- it is still so nice and cool, makes for an invigorating walk. My eating has been good the past day or so- but I am not expecting anything great out of tomorrows WI. I have not been as consistent as I should be with my eating and we had 2 dinners out ( I was not bad- but it was tough to stay within points range- all the foods were fried, or had sauce on them- even the salad had dressing on it already).
I will be happy if I have gained a pound and no more.

Well, gotta go clean my dirty house! Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 06-03-2003, 07:19 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I just came online to do my evening check of Ds's math homework.....looks like he might have some catching up to do!
(what will I do with myself when school is out????) I did get some housework done- not as much as I wanted to but some.
My friend will not be joining me at my WW meeting tomorrow- which is good because then I'll just get all my errands done- go to Walmart also and get to stay put Thursday and Friday and get some serious housework done! I am almost excited about that! ( I also must be sick in the head).
Well, there is noone to chat with, so I'll bid you all a great nite. See ya tomorrow.......complete with the WW lecture from my meeting. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 06-03-2003, 10:43 PM   #14  

Good evening all!!
Well here is my update.... I'm still 1 cent and 50% effaced but he's went from -3 station to -1 which she said is really substantial to happen within a week. So that is good progress. She said she expects to see me at my next week appointment but not much after that. So that is good news. She also said she didn't say he was already in the 8 lb range, but that he will be by time he delivers. She says he feels like he is in the 7's right now. So that made me feel alot better. I'll stop trying so hard to get him to come out Plus my best friend is leaving tomorrow and won't be back until the 18th so I guess I should try and wait so she can make the birth. She was there for both of my others. So anyway... it was a good appointment. After we saw her we went over to the hospital and got a tour of the labor and delivery and all that and it was very neat. There were two little babies in the nursery and it made me want to hold Tanner so badly!! lol But I can wait, I am going to be patient now.
Well tomorrow is another long day, we have to take Heather to the airport in kansas City so I need to hit the bed now. Talk to you all soon!!
Old 06-04-2003, 06:35 PM   #15  
One day at a time.

Good evening ladies!

I thought I'd check in and see what's going on with everyone!

Spryng, I'm glad that things are progressing nicely with you, and before you know it you'll have little Tanner in your arms! Maybe you'll be able to wait for your friend to make it back!?! Anyway, good luck and keep us updated on your progress! Listening to you and your updates helps to keep my mind busy between my appt's, and I don't go back again until next week! But I'm hoping that she'll go ahead and bump me to every other week, so that time might seem to pass more quickly!!!

Ginny, I don't know what you'll do when school gets out, you won't have any homework to check!?! Maybe we'll get to spend more time with you!?! I can't wait to hear how your WI went??? Good luck!!!

Misty, I'll bet you're having a great time working on the new nursery! How are you feeling???

I'm doing good, other than these awful allergies, but I'm dealing with them. Nothing that I can take seems to help, so I try not to take anything! Only 11 weeks and 5 days to go, and I can get back to getting a healthy body again! And with the baby , I won't have time to get bored and eat out of habit! I've been trying to get back to my healthy eating already, but I must admit, it's hard when my body demands more food, for the baby. I feel like I'm always hungry, but we're getting back to the good snacks instead of giving in to every craving! It's a start I guess!?!

I hope all is well with everyone, talk to y'all soon!!!
Closed Thread