Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 09:31 PM   #46  
One day at a time.

Good evening,

Spryng, congratulations on progressing and I'll keep hoping for you to do it with out being induced! Either way, it won't be long now!!!

Ginny, You are so... right! I know that what I'm feeling is mostly symptoms of late pregnancy, so I'll just deal with it. Anyway, thanks for your offer to help with any breast feeding woe's, I'll gladly take any helpful hint's and may even have some questions for you later. I hope things calm down for you soon, until then WTG getting in those walks! Remember to take care of yourself, we don't want you getting sick!

Misty, I hope you're getting in some rest, I'm sure it's hard with little ones at home, but you have another little one to care for too! We're here for you!

As for me, I'm feeling a little better today and I think my bladder infection is well on the way to getting better! As for the anemia, it's hard to tell, due to the normal fatigue at this point. I'm doing fine though, and I'm not having those rough contractions like I was last week, so things are much improved! Now we're getting ready to wean the puppies and put them out, and I have to get ready to make my trip to La. next week. YEAH, finally, my baby shower is almost here!!! I can't wait to see what great, Cute things we get!!!

Oh well, I better go, have a good night!
Old 06-18-2003, 10:14 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Mel I am glad you are feeling better and that nasty bladder infection is clearing up. They are the worst.
My day has been typical I guess. I cleaned the kitchen some and really scrubbed the bathroom. Heather is flying in tonight (my Dh is already on his way to get her in Kansas City) They'll be home around midnight. So I need to get her bed made up and such before I hit the sack. I'm excited and not excited about my appointment tomorrow. I hope the stripping works. I'm really ready for this to happen. But at the same time I'm afraid isn't going to work and I'll be pregnant for many more days. I know I know... it's only a few more DAYS, but it feels like years anymore. So lets hope and pray the stripping of my membranes works. It worked with my 2nd pregnancy so why not this one huh?? But I'll try to post sometime tomorrow and let you all know how it goes and what my midwife wants to do next... she may still want to induce me if the birthing center has calmed down some... but I won't know anything new until tomorrow.
Ok, well, I guess that is all I have for tonight. I'm feeling tired yet restless. I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights and my back is aching tonight and I still have a few more things to do before I get in bed so I need to get off here. Hope everyone has a great evening.
ginny how did your WI go?? I'm hoping the scale is continuing to go down for you. Can't wait to hear all about your meeting.
G'nite!
Old 06-19-2003, 03:29 PM   #48  

Good afternoon all.
Well, I got back from my appointment. I've been stripped!! When we first got there my midwife was called away to the birthing center for a delivery so she had a nurse practitioner check me and strip my membranes. I knew as soon as she did it she didn't do it right. She was in "there" a whole two seconds and said she was done. Then my midwife called and when she told her what she did to me she said that she didn't strip me at all. Which I knew already. I was so upset. She also said that if I was still the same (2 cm and 75% effaced) from two days ago then it wasn't going to work anyway. Just bad news on bad news. I left crying my eyes out. This was my last attempt at a natural labor and the nurse messed it up! My dh felt so bad for me. We went to mcdonalds to grab some breakfast and after we did I decided to go back and see if my midwife was back yet and if she would do it right. Well she was more than happy to. Infact it was good she did because she gave me good news. I didn't have any membranes to strip and she said that was a good sign labor was right around the corner and I'm almost 3 cm now and very very soft, labor soft she said. So when she said she didn't think the stripping would work she said it probably will and I'll probably have him on my own by this weekend!!!! I'm so happy now! But if not my induction is scheduled for tuesday at 6:30 am. So either way I am getting really close. Come on contractions!!!! So at first it was a bad appointment that turned into a great one. And the stripping did hurt a little and she said she really did it good... so I trust her and know it won't be long now. Please send labor vibes my way!!!
Old 06-19-2003, 09:21 PM   #49  
One day at a time.

Hello,

Spryng, I'm glad that your appt. ended up on a happy note! So, tomorrow may be the day!?! I'm so excited, oh, and my friend I mentioned may also be going in tomorrow too!!! She was also 3cm today, and she's have some contractions, so her DR. wants her to come back tomorrow if she is still contracting, and if she's at 4cm. she's going in!!! So, maybe it'll be contagious and you'll go too!!! I can't wait to hear from you to see what's happening!?! Good luck, and we'll be thinking of you!!!

I've had a good day, not getting much house work done, but getting some rest anyway. I hope all is well, it's sure been quiet here.

G'nite
Old 06-19-2003, 10:45 PM   #50  

I'm losing my plug!!!! I'm so excited. Maybe tomorrow will be "D Day!!" Just thought I would share. I'm not having any real contractions yet but progress is progress.
I'm glad you are getting some rest Mel. It's important. Housework is kind... it won't go anywhere in the meantime And there is always tomorrow.
Well, I'm so tired. I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Maybe I'll have good news, like I am going to have a BABY!!
G'nite
Old 06-19-2003, 11:54 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

YaY Spryng! Wow you must feel so excited. I can't even imagine what I will feel like when my time finally gets here. Aww Its so great for you. Will you post pictures of Tanner? Some ppl are kinda funny about that stuff. I'd love to see him tho.

Mel glad you are feeling better. Geesh just think you'll be next

How ya doing out there Ginny and Jackie????

As for me? Well my Dh finally made it home intime for the family and farm to fall apart. Poor guy He walked in and found me gettting sick in the trash can (TMI :LOL: ) and Dh2 running a fever of 103. Dh1 ony 4 running around fetching cold compresses for both of us. And well the farm was running loose. Horse, cattle and hogs (lions and tigers OH MY!). The power company came thru and left the gate open. It was a total melt down. He was great tho. He got Grace to the dr... strep. Pulled some friends together to round up the critters and left me with my trash can. It was so weird. I felt great but could not stop throwing up. I ended up at the ob's this am and they gave me phenegran and she threatened to admit me if I didn't get rehydrated today. Well, I'm good. I took the med and slept all day. Dh woke me up every hr to have a glass of water. And now I feel great. I even got caught up on some housework this evening not the laundry tho. I still have to strip beds so I designated tomorrow as laundry day. So all is peaceful here on the farm again. I'm so glad.
Nighters Gals!
Oh hey just kinda wondering... How much weight are you preggers puttin on? I'm 147# today! I delivered my other 2 at 167#. I know I'll get there and maybe pass it with this one!
Old 06-20-2003, 10:15 AM   #52  

Good morning all!
Wow, your house sounded like it was in turmoil last night Misty! I hope it is all back to normal and your little one getting better and you getting better too. How much weight have I put on? Well... I think it is 31 lbs all together now. I lost some weight this past week (which is another sign of labor in the future) so I think my total is 31. I'd have to look though to be 100% sure. My midwife has been very happy with my weight gain. Now I just hope I have no problems getting it off afterwards.
Well ladies... today I plan to walk my butt off. lol. Hopefully some contractions start today and we can have a baby. I think we are taking the kids to the park and having a picnic and then going to walk and walk and walk the park. Any suggestions on getting this baby out?? I was told to try jumping jacks. But that sounds painful to me My belly doesn't want to be swooshed up and down... too much pressure. But I'm open to suggestions. (NO CASTOR OIL) I learned my lesson there. lol.
Well, I'm off for the day. I'll chat with you all later.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:45 PM   #53  

It won't be long Spryng. At this point all I can really suggest is try to relax. Hon in the next few days or today you will probably be exausting yourself trying to push this baby out. So relax. I exausted myself working in the garden the night before Dd1 arrived. It was awful. Pushing and all with my legs sore. But with Dd2 since it was planned induction I just rested and relaxed. Walking is def. good but don't over do it. You really don't wanna have achy muscles and try to deliver. In due time sweetheart. I know just what you wanted to hear.
I'm still trying to get thru my house. The laundry day fell thru. I needed the phenegran again today... the trash can is bcoming my new carry along . So I've pretty much slept all day.
Well I really need to scoot along. Have a great day!
Old 06-20-2003, 11:08 PM   #54  

Good evening all!
Well I am still here. Walked ALL day long and nothing happened. Well I have been having more braxton hicks but nothing to get excited about and still losing my plug. Maybe tomorrow?? Tomorrow is the first day of summer. That would be a perfect day to have a baby. Don't you think? lol But anyway.. you are right Misty. I don't want to be worn out for the actual labor and delivery. So I think tomorrow I will take it easy. Just lounge around and maybe do some light house work. that's all. today about did me in.
Ok ladies... I guess I am off here and into the bed. Hope to give you all some good news tomorrow!!
Old 06-21-2003, 12:23 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi All!

I'm reading these posts & answering them with one eye open & one eye closed! I just stopped in to see if Spryng had Tanner yet! Hang in there hun, along with Mel & Misty too! Have I missed any other PG'd Moms out there? There's so many of you that it makes my head spin! Well gals, I'm exhausted-so I'll close for now. Until later, Tootles!!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:16 PM   #56  
One day at a time.

Hi,

I'm just checking in to see if Spryng is progressing yet??? Hope to hear something soon!!!

BTW~ my DF had her baby boy last night!!! All is well with them!!!

Oh well, it's still quiet here, I'll check back later.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:10 PM   #57  

Just checking in like the rest of ya'ins. Glad to hear your gonna take it easy spryng!
Old 06-21-2003, 11:54 PM   #58  

Nothing yet ladies!! lol Sorry! Still here and still very much so pregnant. I'm beginning to think he is going to make me wait until the induction. But there is always tomorrow right?? lol I took a good nap today and really haven't done anything. I swore I would take it easy. All my Dh's family is really pressuring me to get this baby out this weekend. I hate it. I almost bought ex-lax today to speed things up... but then I put the box down and decided "why?" he will be here by tuesday regardless so why make me miserable just to get him here a couple of days early?? It's not worth my discomfort. So instead we took the kids to the park and let them play, fed the ducks, and came home. I took a nice nap and then we had a simple dinner and watched a couple of movies and now I am online just relaxing. So how about that? I'm ok with him coming tuesday and of course I am ok with him coming tonight. But I'm not pushing it anymore. I'm just plain tired. You know??
But anyway, it's been a nice day and I am happy with that. I did get a load of dishes done and Heather helped clean the living room so my house isn't a total mess.
Ok, well, I guess I will get off here. Jackie how did your WI go?? Good I hope.
Ok ladies, I'm off now. talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 06-22-2003, 12:28 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Spryng: FYI: My WI went great! I lost 4# since the previous week. (Unfortunately, TOM appeared & I'm up 5# again!) I sure hope by next week I have lost the 5#, plus some more. As for Tanner's Birthday-Don't forget that his due date is the same as my Wedding Anniversary, so 6/23 will be the day! Oh!, by the way.... I'll be married 19 years tomorrow. (To the same man, oh my!~!) Well, I better scoot & help get our pool ready for the summer seeing that this weekend is the official time when summer begins. TTFN
Old 06-22-2003, 02:30 PM   #60  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Still alive here........just busy!!!!!
I'll stop in later and check out the posts. Spryng- good luck!!!!!!!
Ginny
Closed Thread