Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 10:28 PM   #31  
One day at a time.

It's me again!

Misty, I forgot to mention that I will be breast feeding, and I also nursed my Ds. I think that it's a beautiful, and natural thing!

I'll be back tomorrow, I'm going to try to turn in early for a change!

G'nite!
Old 06-11-2003, 07:25 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello all!
Sorry I have been MIA again. We have no internet at home right now. Just couldn't swing the bill this month with DH not able to work. So I am posting from my MIL's house. (funfun)
Anyway, I had my 38 week appointment today and I am STILL 1 cm and 50% effaced. No change at all. Sucks. But the good news is my next appointment is scheduled for this tuesday and my midwife said if I haven't had him by then that they will schedule me an induction this coming week!! I think that will be best. Since the hospital is over an hour away and I need to make plans for my MIL to watch the kids and all that scheduling it will work out better for everyone. I know the contractions are harder with an induction but I've done it twice before so I know I can do it again. I'm actually excited to know there is an end in sight. Of course she said I still may go on my own... but she doesn't think I will before 40 weeks and he is getting bigger and bigger by the hour.
So don't think I am ignoring you ladies for awhile. I don't know how often I will post here right now since I don't have internet and try not to come here very often. But I'll definitely post next tuesday and let you all know when the induction is scheduled. OK?
Boy I am going to miss you ladies. The past three days without internet has almost killed me. I didn't realize how much I used it until I couldn't anymore.
Well, chat with you all later!! if you really get to worrying about me you can always call... 620-223-3270 I wouldn't mind at all! lol
Talk to you all as soon as I can.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:06 PM   #33  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!
Just a quick hello, I am so pooped..................

Melissa - oh, you poor thing! A crummy bladder infection. Yes, hormones can sure bring one on- throwing all your normal body pH out of whack and voila! an infection. Hope that you feel better soon- try not to do too much- at least until the meds kick in. Warm baths can be soothing- just do not use bubble bath.
Good for you getting some walking in too! Feel better- and I hope that the glucose tolerance came out normal.

Spryng- Didn't you know that I am dangerous with phone numbers? Ok ,I have been known to call from time to time......especially individuals who are not always as diligent as they could be at taking thier meds...........I could surprise you......... I guess it is good news about Tanner- at least the end is in sight. Ds was induced- yes labor is a bit more intense- but at least you know when it will be. And in your predicament, that sounds like a good idea. We will miss you too!!!!! Post when you can.....even if it is just a short hello.

Got to my WI today, and I gained 0.6- which was all the demim dress I was wearing........I figured that out- as I wore the new dress that I got for $5 last week- and the WW helper noticed that it was heavy demim- but this week it fits great (last week it was tight)! So, long story short- I weighed at home with the new dress, and then what I wore last week to WI and I lost a bit. That with the water weight I have and I am not upset at all. The scale will be down next week for sure. (gosh- am I obsessive or what? )
Jackie, Karen and Michele- we miss you!!!!!!! Stop in and say hello.
Gotta go- see ya tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:16 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!

(How's that, Ginny?) Did you call Spryng yet? It's sure going to be strange not seeing her post regularly here. I guess I'll have to drop her an "Old Fashioned" line myself too! Thee Olde "Tele" line! I'm still pretty good at that too! If it wouldn't be so late in the p.m. I'd probably drop her a line! Oh! By the way... my congratulations goes out to your dd's team & her awesome pitching! Oh my!! With such a strong pitch, this must mean that she's pretty strong. I sure wouldn't wan't to be around her when it's her TOM! Also-my congrats goes out to you for all the walking you were able to fit into your schedule. Question for you: Are you off of work for the summer? I'm sure you're done or quite close to the end with the Yellow Submarine, so what's planned for the summer? My DS just left this a.m. on a Charter Bus headed to Washington D.C. & won't be back 'til next Tuesday night. They're driving straight thru the night & will arrive in Breezewood, PA @ 5:00 a.m. for a quick clean-up, followed by an early breakfast. This is his first trip away from home without me & they won't even let the kids call home or receive calls. But then they don't know me too well & I'm bound & determined to call the Hotel & try his room! To top things off-dd is at a friends house at a sleep-over tonight & dh is out of town, so this is rather strange for me to have the house to myself for the entire night. "Shania" and I have been getting a lot of housework done with her "UP" CD! (FYI-I also got an hour nap in after I was feeling rather relaxed after having a hard lemonade.) So...this is my next break time. Now-as for me staying OP-besides the HL, I've been doing quite well! And for the BEST news.....I WENT TO THE YMCA YESTERDAY!! This was my first time there since January of "02" I did a 20 min. aerobic workout, followed by a full circuit of weight training. And did it feel good!!
Well ladies, my break is over & I will try & "Edit" later this eve. so that I can reply to the rest of you. TTFN!

Last edited by Freckles; 06-11-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:11 AM   #35  
One day at a time.

Good evening ladies!

It's so... great to see some posts!!!

Spryng, how exciting for you, the finale is near! But oh dear, an induction is so rough, I had one with Ds and was in hard labor for 16 hours, and finally I ended up having a c-section because I wouldn't dilate past 8cm. Ds was a big baby and just wouldn't cooperate!?! Good luck, and enjoy your last week of pregnancy!!!

Ginny, congratulations on getting that dress to fit better already! You're doing so great!!! As for my bladder infection, I guess it has to get worse before it gets better, but I'm doing everything I can to help. I've had about 100 oz. of water today, and I've been getting plenty of rest. Last night was rough, due to some pretty bad contrations, but a nice bath helped that! Today, has been better in that sense, but I sure have been running back and fourth to the bathroom.

Jackie, sounds like you and me would get along good, I love Shania, and cleaning to a good beat!!! We've sure been missing you, and hope you make it in more now that thing are slowing down. Great that you got a nice nap in too, they sure do wonders!

Well, I'm about to go turn in for the night.

TTFN!
Old 06-13-2003, 10:01 AM   #36  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Great to see some posts..........

Jackie- good for you getting back to the Y! Gosh, has it really been that long since you have last been there????? Good job staying OP with your eating (have a hard lemonade for me, ok?? I could use something like that right now! )- I am sure it will show up at your next WI. Does it seem odd without Ds around? I know when my Ds had a similar trip it was sure quiet........we missed him but were happy for him too. Hope that he has a great time.

Melissa- sorry that you are not feeling better yet. Have you tried the cranberry juice thing? (best to drink a glass b4 going to bed- so that it keeps the pH in your system low and inhibits bacteria growth). Sorry about those contractions too.......guess that they just go along with the territory. I'll never forget once when I was asking by OB about the awful heartburn I used to get while pg (so bad I would wake up from a deep sleep.......) and his serene response was "oh, it will go away in June........." (Dd's due date was the end of May ). Well I was ready to strangle him.... just take it easy and try not to overdo things. That might help with the contractions.

As for me..........well yes I am still driving my big yellow submarine.
The last official day is June 24- and next week my schedule will be really staggered due to Regents exams and some half days.
I will be glad when it is over.........but not so sure that life with Dd will be all that pleasant.........we were better off when she was busy in school all day........
Tough day of eating yesterday- but I have gotten those walks in.
Gotta scoot and get some work done. Have a great day!
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 06-13-2003 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:32 AM   #37  
One day at a time.

Morning~

Ginny, I'm glad that your summer vacation is in sight, and hope the best for some quality time with you and Dd! Great job getting in all of that walking, I wish I could do it! I haven't walked outside in a few days because Dh is spreading poison to get rid of our Hornet problem. I'm dealing with the leg cramps again because I'm not moving enough. I got my blood work back yesterday~ my glucose test came back fine, but my blood work showed that I'm very anemic, so they called me in an Iron supplement too. My bladder infection is still tagging along, but getting a little better day by day.

Well, I better get busy, I'm trying to get our luandry done, and pack up Dn things too. My BIL is coming up today to get Dn, so things will quiet down after this weekend.

Everyone have a great day!

BTW~ has anyone check in with Spryng yet?
Old 06-13-2003, 11:12 PM   #38  

Good evening all!!
I have internet again!!! I am soooo happy right now!! My MIL decided she would get it turned back on for us since I am so lost without it. It was so sweet of her. So now you won't have to miss me... here I am.
Ginny let me start by thanking you so much for the phone call. It's so great to have friends like you. Never in a million years would I have thought I would develop friendships online like I have here... it's just amazing. You are so great. And congrats on your loss this week!! See, it won't be long now and I'll be reporting a weight loss too!! I can't wait!
Well, I would post more but it's late here already and I have been swimming all day and boy did it feels great on my very pregnant frame but I am so sleepy from it now. So I'm calling it a night. But thank you all for thinking about me. It means so much that you all care.
Talk to you tomorrow!
G'nite.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:36 AM   #39  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Happy Father's Day!!!!!! (hey, they could not be fathers without us, right? )

Spryng, gee, can I borrow your MIL? How sweet of her to get your internet back......... and I'm happy to see that you will be "regular" with us again! All that swimming sounds nice.....relaxing....and probably so comforting on your pregnant body. Glad that you were able to enjoy it! I hear ya loud and clear with the quality of friends that we have made at this thread.
For me the most touching moment was a panic post left by Jackie a few hours after the 9/11 attacks to the WTC- (we are not all that far from NYC- but separated by some mountains so my area is still pretty rural)- but in my former position I commuted in one day a week to within 30 miles of NYC. I honestly cried upon reading Jackie's post- just wondering if Dh, the kids and I were ok... I too was a bit taken back that anyone I had met thru the internet would care that much. And everyone else (with the exception of one person who thankfully has not posted in probably a year and I do not miss a bit!) has also proved to be as caring and supportive. Glad that I was able to brighten your day.....and bring a smile to your face!

Melissa- sorry that you are so plagued by leg cramps and that crummy bladder infection!!! Yuck........I hope that you can get a little bit of walking in- it might make both feel a bit better. Would you use a walking tape (VCR/or DVD?). The Leslie Sansone tape I have can all be done very low impact.....for that matter- WW now has tapes- you could use the low impact- low intensity level one for now until the baby is born, I am sure. I dunno, just an idea. Has your house quieted down now with Dn back home?

Well, I guess I had better go- I have some stuff in the oven and I should get showered for church. Nothing special today planned- Dh and Dd are at her softball tournament (this is a travel ball league.......and Dh is an assistant coach so there go the weekends!) Guess I should not squack.......she is staying out of trouble with all this softball. I did get a nice hour walk in this am after they left- Dd and Ds are still sleeping.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!!
Ginny
Old 06-15-2003, 11:33 PM   #40  

Good evening all!!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. Today was another good one for me. We went to the in law's house for more swimming and BBQ and had a blast. And yes Ginny the water is so soothing on my body. The best part is I can float on my stomach, I haven't been able to lay on my stomach for quite some time so it feels so good to be able to do it in the water. So yes, swimming has been heaven for me and we'll probably do some more tomorrow.
Mel I hope you get to feeling better soon. What kind of leg cramps are you having? I have sciatic problems in my buttocks and legs during pregnancy and lately they are getting worse... but the end is in site!!
Misty, I think I remember you asking if I was going to breastfeed?? No, I'm not. Not because I don't think it's the best though. I breastfed my first for 5 days. But she was only 5 lbs 2 oz at full term and was so tiny that she couldn't latch on and by the time she did she would be so tired that she fell asleep. She lost weight pretty fast. In fact the day we came home from the hospital she was only 4 lbs 11 oz. So we were worried about her weight so I tired pumping but my pump broke and we put her on formula. It was a terrible moment for me. She took the bottle though and guzzled down the formula but I felt like a failure. I went into a deep post partum depression and never want to feel that way again. But she thrived on formula and I'm happy about that. When my son was born 11 months later I was so afraid to try breastfeeding again even though he was much bigger (8 lbs 8oz) so we just put him on formula right away and he took to it fantastic. So this time I just plan on formula feeding. It's what I know and I know my kids do well with it. But I think highly of the women who can breast feed. It is best. How are you feeling lately? Can you tell me your due date again?? I forget alot now a days lol.
Well ladies, I need to hit the sack. I'll be 39 weeks along tomorrow!! This is the week for me!!! Can't wait until tuesday to find out when I'll be induced. But you can still send me labor vibes because I would love to go on my own if it's possible! Talk to you all soon!!
Old 06-16-2003, 09:34 PM   #41  
One day at a time.

Good evening!

Spryng, I'm so... excited for you! It's just a matter of days until sweet Tanner is in your arms, I'll bet you all set huh!?! I'll still be hoping for you to go into labor on your own, Good luck and let us know when it's time. As for your choice in feeding, I think it all depends on the person. There's nothing wrong with bottle feeding, as a matter of fact, I only breast fed Ds for 2 weeks because all of a sudden he wouldn't take it anymore, and I gave up. I'm determined to make it work this time, but I know exactly what you mean about feel like a failure. I went through those emotions and am covinced that I can do it this time. I even went to a greast feeding class in La. last month and have been doing lots of reading on techniqes too. I'll also have a good friend here with me when the baby is born, and she just finished nursing, so she'll be a great help too!

As for my health, I'm hanging in there but it's hard to tell if my bladder infection is getting better, because of all the other pregnancy related symptoms! I'm good though, I started my iron supplement for my anemia and I'm think it's getting into my system, so maybe I'll get my energy back soon, so I can get this place cleaned and ready for our bundle of joy!!!

It's about time to get settled in for the night, have a good night!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:24 PM   #42  

Wow Mel! I just looked at your signature and you are about to start your countdown!! How exciting!
I'm doing really good today. I have lots of pent up energy for some reason. Probably because I am so excited about my appointment tomorrow. Yes I have everything ready for my little Tanner now. I boiled the rest of the nipples and such this evening and put all the bottles, liners, etc away in the cabinet. It won't be long until I will be making bottles and getting to feed my sweet baby. But I am like you Mel, I'm still praying I go into labor on my own before whatever date I get for the induction. I think I may attack my DH tonight to see if that helps any lol. I know... TMI!! But I will definitely update everyone tomorrow after I get home... whenever that will be. My appointment is at 10:45 am but we take the kids to my in'laws house to be watched and usually after my appointments we stay the day and eat dinner there. Plus now that their pool is all set up we have been swimming alot over there. So we may do that too tomorrow. But I promise I will post something tomorrow.
I am so excited. I was sitting outside today watching my kids swim in their little pool and shooting daddy with some water guns and I just felt so sentimental. Maybe it's the hormones. I am just looking forward to adding one more to our family. I can't believe I am already 39 weeks along and the end is near. I remember complaining about how slow the pregnancy was going, etc. And here I am in my last few days. I am so going to miss this feeling. This pregnancy has been really good and I love feeling the baby move inside of me. Since this is to be our last I'll never get these feelings again... just memories. It's so bitter sweet. But I am ready for Tanner to be here in my arms and getting my old body back. In just a couple of weeks I will be joining you ladies again on the weight loss band wagon That excites me too! I can't wait to wear my old clothes again.
Ok, I guess I am going on and on. I hope I can sleep tonight. I'm just so anxious for tomorrow. If I'm this bad right now I'm really going to be a mess the night before the induction!! lol.
Ok, I'm getting off here. I think I will read some to relax me and maybe take a warm bath. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!! xoxo
Old 06-17-2003, 10:37 PM   #43  

Good evening all!
Where is everyone today?

Ok, well here is how my 39 week appointment went. I was suppose to get an induction date... as you all know. Well, I didn't. My midwife said the birthing center is FULL. No birthing rooms, no post partum rooms, nothing. If I went into labor today or tonight I'd probably get a regular patient room without all the amenities of a birthing room... which I don't want. So she said I can come back thursday and we'll see how it is then. But I did ask her to strip my membranes and she said she would just not today because she didn't want to put me in labor tonight for the above reason. I agreed. So she said she will strip them this thursday at my appointment. So that's only a day and a half away. I guess I can be patient a little longer. I did make progress this week though!! I am now 2 cm and 75% effaced!! I was shocked to hear that. I've been at 1 cm and 50% for three weeks now so I didn't expect much change. So I may be going into labor on my own soon anyway... and she thinks so too. (just not tonight hopefully) So anyway... that was my appointment in a nutshell.
Today I have been feeling really tired and a little off. I hope I'm not coming down with anything. That's all I need right now. So I guess I am calling it a night. I hope you all are doing well and I hope to see some posts soon... it's so quiet here.
Talk to you all tomorrow.
G'nite
Old 06-18-2003, 09:58 AM   #44  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Yes I am still alive....stressed out but doing ok. Just been really busy- that is all and all this softball stuff- finals for the kids and I am driving double these days (final/regents week for the high school)....ah, life will calm down a bit next week. But then all my kiddies are home.........2 hormonal teens........ who am I kidding????

Spryng- keep us informed with how you are doing......congrats on progressing a bit- and it sure sounds as though you could go in any time now. As far as your feeling funny- tired and off. Well, I would not be surprised if Tanner was ready to make a personal appearance! I hear ya with enjoying the last pg (as if that is possible). I wish I could just have one more- but with as insane as my life is and the ages of my kiddies and my own age, well, it sure would be silly.

Melissa- sorry that you are not feeling better...... and I hope that you get your energy back soon. But then you are in the 3rd trimester.......being pooped sort of goes with that. If you need any help with breastfeeding- my 3 were all different eaters.......and Dd was a real challenge at first- because she was in ICU for a week before I was able to nurse, she became used to a bottle......and I had to wean her off that. What a pain that was! Anyway, I would love to be of a source of encouragement to you, if you need it.

Well, I gotta go. I am going to get a short walk in today- and got a short one in yesterday. Did some stress eating yesterday- that is a long story - Dh was in rare form........can't wait till this softball stuff is over!!!!! But tonite I am getting my hair done- getting away from all these loonies who live in my house!!!! And I will not miss them a bit for the 2 hours I am gone!!!!!
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 06-18-2003, 02:10 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

still trying to recover from all the company I had. I'm drowning in laundry and housework with absolutly NO energy to do any of it. Then to add to it Dh ran off up north to take care of his mommy 4 hrs away. Sooooo I'm just pooped. I'll try to post more later and be a bit more cheerful. Sorry girls. I'm sure you all understand tho.
Spryng your in my thoughts and prayers hun
Closed Thread