Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 08:05 PM   #16  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I survived today..........but gee I am tired. Dd is sleeping over at a friends house (which takes the pressure off me for getting her to her game tomorrow ). Ds just got home from a class trip to Hyde Park (home of Franklin Roosevelt)- my WW buddy went on the trip and "owed me" a ride, bringing Ds home ) so here I am at 7:50 in my jammies.........and happy.

Spryng- that is just wonderful news about Tanner......he is getting ready to meet his family face to face! . I am glad that he is not yet at 8#......I have had 2 almost 9#'ers and ooohhh were they fun to push out! Hope that you had a safe trip to the airport.........

Melissa-Sorry about the allergies......tough to treat while pregnant! Gosh, only 11 weeks for you! Time is flying.........well a pregnancy sure does go fast over the internet, but then I do not have your aches, pains........ all that fun stuff. Try to eat healthy- or at least keep track of what you are eating...in terms of the fat/fiber content....and I am sure that you will be back to your losing ways once the baby is born and you are ready!

As for me, I did get to my meeting. Laura was in rare form.....singing the Gloria Estefan song "Get on your feet"- dancing all over the room- she really is such a nut, but it figures, I like her! Today's lecture was about keeping up with excercise when the weather is crummy- either all the rain we have had here in NY or the severe heat of summer. She discussed stuff like mall walking, hiking, biking, yard work, or even increased housework- anything to get us moving (thus the song), out of the kitchen and away from food. The key motivator she gave us was to pick a Labor day goal- either size, weight or how we want to feel and keep that in mind as we approach summer. And of course.... keeping in mind how our eating or activity (or lack of said) will contribute to that. I think I want to lose 10 # by then.......that puts me in the mid 140's as far as weight goes......and only another 10 or so from goal.........but I do not want to think that far ahead! I lost a whopping 0.4# - actually I am happy about that- as we ate out a lot recently and at Dd's awards banquet everything- even the salad which already had dressing on it- was in sauce or fried. I will take the 0.4 and be happy- I am too!!!!!!! Then I went on to Walmart and got a great denim dress for $5- it is a size 12, a wee bit snug, but if I take off 5# it should fit nicely. It is above the knee- - I'm actually willing to show a bit of leg now- and looks cute on- kind of fitted too. Dh's comment was "another denim dress?"- aw- crum, they are comfortable and the price was right!
Gotta go and enjoy the rest of my peaceful evening.
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 06-04-2003, 10:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!!
Ginny congrats on the loss! You are doing so well, I am so proud of you.
Wow Mel your pregnancy is flying too! I know as soon as you get to go to your OB every two weeks it flies even more. Now that I am on a weekly bases it seems to be zooming ahead. Which I am not complaining about.
Well today has been another very long day. We took my best friend to the airport and that was a two hour drive one way. Every time I get in the car anymore my braxton hicks really pick up, so it was uncomfortable to say the least. But she got on her plane on time and all that and should be home by now. She'll be back though in two weeks for either the birth or to visit our new addition. Hopefully the latter. I would love to wait for her to have him so she can be there but at the same time I'm ready to get this over with and move on, you know? But I'm letting nature take it's course with me. Whenever he is ready then he is more than welcome to come. But anyway, I just got out of a nice warm bath and am super sleepy now. So off to bed I go.
Jackie I hope you are doing well and get to make your WW meeting tomorrow.
Misty I hope you too are having a good and relaxing evening.
And Karen! I haven't forgot about you, I hope you are doing well too and can post soon.
G'nite all.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:36 AM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Spryng, I'm glad that you got thru the trip to the airport. A 2 hour drive (which I bet you did not tell us it was that far as you know how I worry!) is long for being so late in a pregnancy. I know I was told during the last month not to be more than an hour from the hopsital (my labors went quickly). BTW- are you delivering at home - a birthing center or a hospital? (and if I know that already forgive me for the brain dead question.) Sounds like you are relaxing a bit about the size of Tanner....... which is good. Hope that you slept well after your warm bath....sounds so nice and relaxing!!!! BTW, how is Dh doing post-back surgery? Is he healing well- and the infection gone??

As for me, I'm still pooped. I'm waiting to hear from the dentist- I have another tooth ache - which is not all that uncomfortable- but sapping my strength a bit. I have an appointment for 6/16 but am trying to get in earlier if I can. Pretty sure it is an absessed tooth or another root canal.....No, I do not live like a hillbilly- there are no goats in my kitchen- and actually my teeth look great.......but I am very prone to needing root canal- and absesses........it just seems as though I am constantly in need of some major dental work . No walk yet for me, it was raining this morning- but I will get one in before I go out for my afternoon route.
Gotta scoot........have a great day!!!!! Jackie, hope that you got to your WW meeting. Karen and Michele, how are ya?
Ginny
Old 06-05-2003, 02:38 PM   #19  

Good afternoon all!
Well Ginny we didn't think it was 2 hours away. We can get to Kansas City in an hour but it was all the way on the missouri side so it took another hour just to get to it. So that is why it was so far. And we have to go back on the 18th to pick her up again and it will be late at night. I'm not looking forward to it at all. On top of that there is a good chance I'll deliver in the mean time and I'll not want to drive 4 hours (round trip) anyway. Maybe she should look into a rental car?? Hmm... something to think about.
But anyway, I am delivering in the hospital (I hope anyway!!) but I don't have fast labors (knock on wood) so I should have plenty of time to get to the hospital. In fact we got a tour on tuesday of the birthing center and we really enjoyed it. At the last hospital I used for my other two births you did everything in one room. but at the hospital I'm using here there is a labor and delivery room and then after you have the baby you get moved to a post partum room. But all the rooms are really nice, and the post partum look so cozy so I am fine with that. It was a great tour.
And thanks for asking about my DH. He is getting better and better. He is driving again and doing little things. I have to keep him under control though or he'll over do it if I would let him. But his incision is healing nicely and he is weaning himself off the pain killers (doctors orders) and is coping nicely with it all. And it's nice that he is home and will be home for a few more weeks after the baby is born, he'll be such a big help to me. He is ready for the baby to come too. Sorry to hear about your tooth ache. My wisdom teeth have been bothering me for over 5 years now (they are coming up under my back molars because there is just no room for them) and they bother me really bad about twice a year. It's just so expensive to get them pulled so I have been dealing with it. But as soon as the baby gets here I can schedule an appointment to get them out. I hope you get relief soon!
Well, the kids are napping and I should be. I have a major mess to clean up in this house the afternoon when they wake up. So I'll stay busy until this evening. I hope everyone is having a great day!! Chat with you soon!!
Old 06-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

YAY!!!! Ginny I had no idea you were so close to your goal!!! WOW! What a great feeling. Im sure you will meet your 10# goal. And then that new denim dress will be to loose . So good for you. Im soooo happy! Oh geesh Ginny guess what? I lost a filling the other night! I had to run out and get a pack of that temporary filling junk to fix it with. Thank God for that stuff. I'm serious. I was in awful pain. But I'm terrified to see the dentist while I'm pregers cause they will wanna work on it with out numbing it. I really hope your visit goes well and you are feeling better.
I'm so glad to hear you are not pressuring things Spryng. It worried me. You just never know, and who wants to go into labor with all the joys castrol oil brings Hope you can kinda take it easy and get rested for the big event. You know you'll need to be good and rested.
Mel I'm kinda in the same situation as you. I got so use to eatting anything and everything these past few months.. chips, lots of BAD food. But it seemed it was the only things I had an appitite for. Seems I took the morning sickness all day. I'm trying to get my weight evened out and get back on 3 square meals a day. So good luck to you and if you find any helpful links or diet info for us pregos send it my way.
As for me, I'm doing great! I did do the 3 square meals today. I had one sugary snack I could have passed but it was just to good. I spent most all of the day outside with my kids. We painted pet rocks and got on the ATV for a nice ride with Dh. Oh And I got them both enrolled in a 6 wk summer school program. They are gonna love it. Its for ages 2-4 and had so many great lessons. Oh I am home schooling, did I say that? So its gonna be great.
Well Girls I'll be to busy to post over the weekend. We are having 3 day church gathering this weekend (i'm so tickled about going to!) So I'll be super busy. Hope you all have a great OP weekend.
See you all on Monday!!
Old 06-06-2003, 07:43 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Gee,it was great to come online and see two posts.......with spring/summer activities it can be tough to get online at times.

Spryng-I hope that I do not sound like too much of a vicious nag to you!!!! Just from reading my last post I realized that I must sound like such a crabola~ please forgive me for that!!! I do care, and I guess in caring I get a bit too outspoken with my opinions. Sounds like you had a busy day too. Did you get any rest in? Glad that Dh is feeling better, his recovery time seems so much shorter than it was originally expected and that is great news for everyone!!!!!! I'm glad that you are happy with the hospital set up. Although when labor sets in, I did not notice where I was too much.......but it sure is nice for after the baby is born. Gosh, little Tanner will be in your arms soon....what a wonderful thing!! BTW- is Dh trying to lose some weight (the Dr wanted him to, right?)

Michele- good for you getting those 3 squares in. I know it is tough to do, especially with kids who seem to snack all day long......and of course stay skinny! Your weekend sounds like fun, and I hope that is very enjoyable and relaxing. Hope that your tooth is better too!!!!!! As far as that goes, I have had root canal while in the 1rst trimester (I had no choice, it was infected)
and other dental work with nococaine. Gotta love that temporary filling stuff.....glad that it worked for you!!!

Hope that I was not too confusing before......I guess my final goal is somewhere around 25 more # to go- and I would love to have 10 of them off by the end of the summer. I actually bought a bathing suit the other day, and although I am far, far from slim, I was not totally disgusted with myself either. Guess all this walking is doing some good.

Tomorrow will be so busy. Dd is playing in the state quarterfinals (and hopefully the finals) in Albany- about 3 hours from here. And the other Dd has a soccer game late in the day- and it is supposed to rain............guess I'll drive to Albany for the first game and as much of the second as I can see before I head back to get Dd to the soccer field. Yes, I am nuts, but it is the state championship........ Dh will stay in Albany with the softball team in case they do go on and win- which would be awesome. They have made it to the semifinals the past 2 years- and not won.
Well, I'd better go!!! Have a great weekend.
ginny
Old 06-07-2003, 08:13 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Oh my!---------- I didn't realize that I didn't post in quite a few days! I have to admit, I have been lurking here, just no time to post. Now that I've decided to post, I didn't know that I was that far behind. Hmmnn....lets see, where do I begin? I guess I'll start with Spryng: It won't be long & the baby will be here! I'm glad that you decided to back off on all the home remedies to induce the birthing process. I'm also glad to hear that Joe is recovering so nicely! As for picking up your friend so close to the baby's due date: I'd suggest to her to get a rental. Ginny: Your swimsuit story has given me incentive to keep on going. You are really on a roll & it's getting contagious!! (At least I hope so!) I DID show a loss this week at my WW W-I. ( A whole 0.5#) I guess it's better than a gain, isn't it? DD & I will be starting an exercise program together starting next Tues. afternoon. (Last day of school with a dismissal time of: 10:30 a.m.) We are planning to hit some bike trails, get some walking in & also may try an exercise video. Wish us luck!! Now-back to you: You are one busy woman, aren't you? I hope that your dd's team makes it all the way this year. Misty: Wow! Your pregnancy is really moving along & it won't be long & the baby will be here. I'm glad to hear that the nursery is moving along so nicely. I'm also glad to hear that you are working so hard on getting in 3 sq. meals p/day. It's so important for you & the baby to eat healthy. (It makes the post-partom go a lot smoother too.) Also, I'm glad to hear that you are spending time with the little ones outside. This means so much to them! When did you start homeschooling them? I didn't know that you were doing this. Do you plan to homeschool year round, or are you taking the summer off? Mel: I hope that your allergies have subsided at least a little bit for you. It really takes a toll on a pregnant woman, doesn't it"? I hope that the PG time is passing quickly for you too!
Well gals, dh is waking up & will soon catch me on the 'puter, so I'd better get going. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 06-07-2003, 06:23 PM   #23  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I never thought I would get online today.........but I had to send something to my Dm, and while she is yacking I thought I would show up here and say hello.

Jackie!!!! Gee, I'm glad that you stopped in to say hello. We missed you a ton........I think everyone was getting sick of me
Congrats on the 0.5#!!!!! Take it and run...as long as the scale goes down then things are going well. Between water weight- salt in foods and all the stress that you have been under, I think a 0.5# loss is awesome. Hey, I celebrated a big 0.4# loss this week, so ya beat me! Let me fill you in on the bathing suit- don't get too excited.......it is a Lands End tankini- and actually has a super light weight pair of shorts over a suit- but honestly, it does not look too bad. And as far as I am concerned, after 3 kiddies and as chunky as I have been, well I am just glad that it looks presentable. It has been a good 15 years since I really thought I'd look good in a bathing suit. So, how are you doing? What is new with FIL and your family? The big countdown to the end of school, eh? Did your WW meeting mention the new excercise videos/DVD's? They have 3 levels of activities (one per video/DVD) with precalculated activity points. Nice for a bear of little brain, such as myself. I'm tempted to get the high level one, maybe in a week or so. Welcome back, anyway!!!!

Well, thanks to some really crummy weather only half the softball games were played today. Dd got her 1rst game in- they won 3 to 1. So the very worst her team can do now is come in in 2nd place in the state. She set a new state record today for strikeouts in a state championship game at 19. (she sure does not get her talent or competetive spirit from her mother, that is for sure!!!!) I am awfully happy for her. They play the finals tomorrow morning-against a pretty tough team.
I did give myself credit for walking a mile today........the parking lot was far from the fields and I had to go back several times to the car for stuff. Is that cheating???????
Gotta go- enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Ginny
Old 06-07-2003, 07:17 PM   #24  
One day at a time.

Hello ladies!

Jackie, it's great to hear from you!! Congratulation's to you for your .5 loss, hey, any loss is a good one! Remeber I was a weight watcher, so I'm right there with you ladies! And I'll be back on the wagon in 3 short months!!!

Ginny, congratulations to you too, keep it up. and you'll be needing another swim suit (a bikini)! Oh, I have to tell ya, I just ordered me a new swim suit! Yes, I've finally out grown mine, and I'm going to need one when I go to my moms in a few weeks, for my baby shower. She has a hot tub, and my DR says it's ok as long as we turn down the temp. and it sure feels good after riding for 6 or 7 hours!

Spryng, where are you, I wonder if the baby has come when we don't hear from you after a day or so!?! I hope everything is alright!!

Things are good here, just tired as usual. The puppies are growing and keeping me busy, but only for a couple more weeks and then they'll go outside. I go back to my DR on Tuesday this week, and I'm anxious about that, plus I'm praying she'll go ahead and bump me to twice a month!?! Only 11 more weeks, if I make it that far!?! I still have some worries about preterm labor, because I went in at 34 weeks with my Ds, but so far so good!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 11:23 AM   #25  

No Mel no baby yet! Just been sitting around. Actuallu that is not true. Yesterday I busted my butt deep cleaning my kitchen/laundry area. It looks so much better. I always keep it clean but clutter was starting to build up on top of cabinets and the microwave and things like that. So I cleaned and cleaned and organized and it looks 10,000 x's better. Today I want to attack my bedroom. But we'll see. I guess I finally got some good nesting instincts in yesterday. Hopefully they last through today too.
Well I am 38 weeks as of tomorrow. Will this coming week be THE week for me?? that's all I have been thinking about this morning. Please send labor vibes my way... I am so ready.
SO other than cleaning and relaxing I haven't been doing much. But don't worry Mel, I won't run off without saying something first on this thread!! I'll try really hard to at least let everyone know I'm off to the hospital.
Ok, well I am starving so I'm going to find something for breakfast. Talk to you all later!!
Old 06-08-2003, 11:50 AM   #26  
One day at a time.

Morning,

Spryng, I'm glad that you're nesting finally set in, it must be getting about time!?! I'm so excited for you, but remember to stop during all of this cleaning, and put your feet up for a little bit every now and then! So are your bags packed and in the car?? I'll be thinking about you, and sending some good vibes your way! Oh BTW , I saw a midwife on Discovery Health do something called stripping the membranes, to help get labor started. If nothing happens by your next appt. maybe you could ask about that??? Good Luck!

As for me, I'm gonna try to do some cleaning in between naps, but I've been pretty tired lately. My Dh has really been great, and is trying to help with everything, but it's hard to do everyday cleaning with two 12 yo. boys in the house. Our Dn is only here for another week and then he's going back to La. and in 3 weeks I'll be in La. for my baby shower, I can't wait!!!! For now, I've been going sit in the nursery and look at all of the things we've already bought. Oh did I tell y'all Dh bought me a glider/rocker and ottoman for the nursery!!!

Well, Dh is calling, I'll check back later!

Last edited by mel17; 06-08-2003 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:58 PM   #27  

I already asked my midwife about stripping my membranes and she said she only does it if I am dialating and effacing and labor doesn't look far off. So she hasn't done it yet. Maybe wednesday??? (please?) With my son I had it done at my 40 week checkup and went into labor the next day, so I know it works. But only if you are already progressing. Oh and no my bags are not in the car. The baby's bags are completely ready to go and mine is half way there. I still use most of my things so I won't be able to pack them until the last moment. But I know where they are all at so it won't take very long. But I feel completely prepared.
Well, Dh deep cleaned the living room for me today and I did some work in our room. It's looking alot better but still not done but I am so tired today so that is all I will probably do for now. Maybe tomorrow I'll get hit with another nesting spurt.
Well, I'm off for a nap. Talk to you all soon!!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Aww Spryng, I believe it wont be long for you. Seems once the nesting hits thats it. You'll be holding Tanner soon. I just know it. Not to be to nosey but are you feeding on the breast or on the bottle. I'm a supporter of the breast so just to but my lil 2cents in... it burns 1500 calories a day! But I realize its just not for some women.
Same question for you Mel^? If you girls don't mind. We seem to talk about everthing else so I hope it's ok I ask.
Jackie!!! So glad you can stop in and WTG on that .5# your losing streak will hit darlin, you just wait and with dd and the exercise program... you can lose!!! I've been homeschooling since oldest Dh turned 3 and I sorda teach year round. 6 week program in the summer and then back on schedule in Aug.
Ginny I don't think that walking was cheating. And really we are so proud of you. You enjoy that swimsuit and feel great wearing it. You totally deserve to have a nice esteem booster. You have worked so hard.

Oh dear girls I am about to come undone at the seams lol (literally) my eating 3 meals fell thru this weekend. With all the goings on at church I found myself just trying to get a bite when I had a break and it was usually a bag of chips and soda! soda is my enemy. But the weekend was fantastic. Our lil church was so filled with the spirit and love I felt like I could have just burst. It was a great time. NoW I have to face this week which my Dh has informed me we have company coming over for the weekend. Alot of company. I'd list them all but I'd be here all night... it boils down to our aunt and uncle and 3 of their children with spouses (who are mine and dh's age) and their children! YIKES!!! All staying in our house. When should I panic? Oh please keep me in your prayers. And with all this construction going on and the farming.. o'my. Dh is really stressed about it. And the aunt is an out of this world cook. I get so frightened when I have to cook for her... and I'm on for 6 meals. Her plates come out of the kitchen looking like a 5 star diners. Absolute perfection. Can you imagine it? Here's me with 2 toddlers and a baby on the way. Peanut butter and jelly anyone? I'm covered for Satuarday night tho because we are having a hog roast for the church that night. After that its all me. So also I may not be able to get back around to posting till next week sometime. So you all know and don't worry. And I have a check up with my ob tomorrow. YaY! I love geting to hear that lil heartbeat. Maybe if I get a sec I'll post and let you know how that one goes. Well I really need to get in the bed. Nighters
Old 06-10-2003, 10:35 AM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!
Gee, it feels like forever since I have been able to post.......life is just beginning to return to normal- or so I think!

Michele- I agree with you on the breast feeding........although I know it is not for everyone. I nursed all 3 of my monsters, and would not have missed that for the world. I am curious to see everyone's responses, and I do know that it takes a ton of support from Dh - and lots of encouragement and is a very personal decision. Relax with all that company this weekend!!!!
Try not to compete with the aunt who cooks like Emeril~ keep it simple (you do have young children and are pregnant, my dear!)- make some standbys- things that you do well and that are easy.
In your current condition- gourmet cooking is out of the question- especially with a lot of kids present- and you do want to enjoy this company, right?? Stay basic, and try to relax. I'll pray for you! The church social sounded like so much fun.......there is nothing like that kind of fellowship! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Spryng- nesting instincts, eh????? And that sweet Dh, with all he has been thru, cleaned your living room? Sounds like labor can't be far off to me! I wish some of that cleaning instinct would rub off on me.......... BTW- happy 38 weeks!!!! I can't believe that this pregnancy has gone so quickly!

Melissa- I must tell you that cleaning with 2, 12 year old boys is mutually exclusive......does not work........does not compute........and is virtually impossible!! Just keep up with the boulders......you know take a bull dozer to a major avalanche- but save the detailed cleaning until Dn returns home. Try to enjoy his visit while he is with you. Enjoy your new ottoman/rocker too! What a happy time this is for you, Michele and Spryng.

As for me, I somehow managed to get some walks in this weekend- 2 miles Sunday, 4 yesterday and 3 today. We ate out a lot this weekend at the tournament, and I am retaining a lot of water. (PMS is setting in, see what all you preggers are missing!!! ) So tomorrows WI is a mystery to me.........I have no idea how I rared, except that I am retaining a lot of water.
Nuff about that!! I have a state champion living in my house!!!!
Sunday, Dd and her HS softball team won the championship for her school size. What a day.......and I am so happy for her. They won 3-0, the other team had never seen a pitcher like her before- she throws hard, somewhere around 60-65 mph and has 4 different pitches (rise, drop, changeup and fastball). Sorry for bragging, but she was totally dominant........what an exciting day for her. Now the rest of us mere mortals return to normal life, whatever that is!!!!! (BTW, she gets none of her talent from me, Dh was the softball/baseball player- and a very good one in his own time).
Well ladies gotta go bulldoze some boulders!!!! (messy house syndrome) Have a great day!!!!!
Ginny
Old 06-10-2003, 02:42 PM   #30  
One day at a time.

Well hello ladies!

I'm back, today was my 28 week OB appt. and it wasn't to great!?! I found that I have a bad bladder infection, and a bacterial infection (DR said from all of those PG hormones?) and then I had to go have that Glucose test, but I don't have those results yet? Anyway, I guess I now know why I was starting to have more and more contraction. But my Dd is doing fine, and is very active (she made the DR chase her to hear her heart beat!).

Ginny, CONGRATULATIONS to your Dd!!!! And to you WTG for getting in all of that walking, and guess what? You'd be so proud, for the last 3 or 4 days I've been walking around our property and I must admit, it has done wonders for those awful leg cramps!!! Anyway, I'm glad that things are slowing down for you, now you need to pamper yourself a bit!

Misty, I can't wait to hear how your OB visit went!?! And I agree with Ginny, enjoy your company and don't put to much stress on the cooking, just do what's quick and easy!

Spryng, are you still hanging in there???

Well, it's nap time for me, have a good evening ladies!

Last edited by mel17; 06-10-2003 at 02:45 PM.
Closed Thread