Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/153.5/140

Height: 5"6'

Default Hypnotherapy for weight loss.

I'm wondering if anyone has used this to aid in their weight loss journey. At first I was super skeptical of it. My husband wanted to get certified so he did. He started making his own program and I was his test subject. I started it at the end of November and started dropping pounds early December. Even though I wasn't sure about it now I'm singing its praises. I'm no longer battling the diet mind set. I've fixed the mental mind blocks that prevented me from success. I'm 40 lbs lighter and I've stayed 100% on plan the entire time. I never beat myself up over if I've messed up. I don't tweak my diet anymore. I don't believe I need to constantly "fix" anything anymore. I'm doing my part and I trust my body will follow. I'm no longer battling myself and its very freeing.

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-17-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: need 20 posts and 20 days to post links
lilybug02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #2  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'd be willing to give hypnotherapy a shot, but only if it was free.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #3  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

My ex MIL tried it. She thought it would be a magic pill...so naturally, it didn't work for her. I think it would work if the person was in the right frame of mind going in.

Congratulations on your 40lb! That is awesome!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
My ex MIL tried it. She thought it would be a magic pill...so naturally, it didn't work for her. I think it would work if the person was in the right frame of mind going in.

Congratulations on your 40lb! That is awesome!
For sure! You have to want it. It does take some time it's not a over night sort of thing.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

congrats on your wonderful success! I tried it in the early 80's. It did not help me lose weight unfortunately, BUT it did train me to learn how to relax myself and that part was great.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

I'm more interested in this, how does it work exactly and if I were to do it how could I make it beneficial to me? I don't want it to be a magic pill, but I do want to shift my likes. Instead of craving fast food for example I'd love to crave fruit instead. Or I'd like to be disgusted by the thought of french fries.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #7  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

I tried it a couple of years ago. It was about $200 per session. I didn't expect it to be a magic pill but I was hoping that it would help me from mentally sabatoging myself. It wasn't for me.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I'm more interested in this, how does it work exactly and if I were to do it how could I make it beneficial to me? I don't want it to be a magic pill, but I do want to shift my likes. Instead of craving fast food for example I'd love to crave fruit instead. Or I'd like to be disgusted by the thought of french fries.
It's not a magic pill at all. What it's done for me is I crave fruits and vegetables. I haven't had any sweets since before Christmas. I listened to recordings every night for quite some time.
1 week is confidence and self acceptance.
2 week healthy eating
3 week stop binge eating
4 week portion control
5 week exercise
6 week motivation

I would listen to each week then if I needed more time on a particular one I would listen longer. The exercise one didn't start kicking in for like a month and a half. At week 2 I started going backward and didn't think it would work. My husband said that was a very common thing and there is some limiting belief that is blocking your success. My belief was that my mom would tell me daily that I would never be thin. That genetically it was impossible. Both sides of my family is capable of losing weight if they don't over eat. Once I realized that the weight started falling off. My husband also listened to recordings and he's lost 25 lbs in 3 months. My husband is NOT a dieter. He just craves good healthy food now and eats much smaller portions.

Yes it may not work for everyone. Some are more suggestible than others. I think also the type of hypnotherapy is important as well. We've seen some that have background music and some that don't. There are special beats in the music my husband uses that help you go in the level of trance that is very effective.

I no longer binge eat. I no longer emotional eat. I rarely think about food. When I do it's only when my body needs it. I absolutely believe that I will achieve my goals and maintain the rest of my life. I'm no longer fighting for my health any more. I'm just happy.