Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #16  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I just keep buying. $$$$$
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:05 AM   #17  
So Close to Goal

S/C/G: 178/146/125

Height: 5"3

Its nice to see all your comments and feedback everyone.

I've also had to get rid of bags and bags of clothing. I gave some to my mom's domestic worker, and also donated some to the church to give to the homeless.

I have to admit it was a very emotional thing for me to give my clothes away. It was like I was saying goodbye to the person I was, and hope to never be again! I have kept one dress though, the one I wore on my 21st party, where I was probably my heaviest. It was brand new, I have only worn it once, and I want to keep it as a reminder to myself that that was me in the past.

We don't really have "thrift" stores here in South Africa, but we do have cheaper shops which I like to buy from. And some of the things are actually really nice, just not the best quality Lol.
kate27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #18  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

This is a great topic! I will never forget the day I went through my entire wardrobe and separated items into three piles: clothes I'm throwing away, clothes I'm donating and clothes I'm going to try and get altered. To see clothes that was once too tight and uncomfortable now swallow me was truly a wonderful feeling.

When I was dropping sizes I lived at the clearance rack at my fav. stores. I remember buying a nice blouse that just had a missing button 50% off!

This may sound silly but also with some of my lounging/yoga pants they would eventually start dragging on the floor as I got smaller. So I would take my fabric scissors and cut maybe 3 - 4 inches off the bottom and get another month or so wear out of them. They did not fit properly obviously, but those were just for around the house or cleaning, not for wearing outside of the house.

I unfortunately didn't discover thrift store until near the end of reaching my goal which is a shame because I found some great finds there.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #19  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

When I put something on and it's too big it immediately goes in a box. (The box goes to my aunt who is larger for her "goal clothes" I want no excuses to get back in them. I get a few pieces from the thrift store to keep me clothed until goal. At goal I'm rewarding myself with a New wardrobe
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 209/153.5/140

Height: 5"6'

Go shopping!!! I celebrate every size I go down
lilybug02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I did keep things a size bigger when I stopped to have my maternity break--because I knew once I had the baby I would probably need a little bit bigger clothing. Now I need to get rid of that stuff because I have no reason to keep the bigger size stuff
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 222/150/138

Height: 5'3"

Life's too short to wear clothes that don't fit, especially when we are trying to feel better about how we look. I didn't go crazy with new clothes in my intermediate sizes, but made sure to have a couple of pairs of work pants and 1 or 2 pairs of jeans. I staggered my purchases, so I did not shrink out of all of my clothes at the same time. I also hate to shop, so I would buy the next size down when I found a pair of pants at a good price. For example, I found dress slacks at Ann Taylor for $15 on clearance and bought the 10s, 8s, and 6s. Wearing the 6s now.
Shrinkberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

It was very emotional for me to give away the bigger sized clothing too. It brought up lots of memories and worries that I would regain and need them later. The best advice I got was to just let them go, which in retrospect I don't regret one bit. I did save a few pieces in the hopes of having them altered. I have celebrated each size and have felt so much better in clothes that fit right. I also notice that people notice my weight loss more when my clothes fit right. I don't care where you get your new clothes, but I think it is well worth it to have them as you are shrinking down.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote