I did my first weigh in and lost 11.4 lbs my first week. I know that because I'm larger and I just started, the weight should come off more quickly and I was expecting 5-6 lbs...not double that. And don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon about it, I'm just a little concerned because that seems to be a lot at once and I'm trying to form habits I can keep with. This is what I've been doing so far:
* 1500-1700 calories a day (which is less than 1/2 of what I was eating)
* 1-2 mile walk around my neighborhood everyday
* 1/2 hr of stretching each day - I have a bad back and want to check with my doctor before doing anything too strenuous
* I cut out all caffeine aside from one cup of black coffee in the morning.
* 6-8 16 oz bottles of water everyday
* I didn't cut out any particular food group out - aside from refined sugar.
I have just been trying to keep track of calories.
* If it has more than five ingredients in it I don't buy it.
I don't think I went over board and I honestly think these are things I could keep up with over a long period of time. Am I trying to do many things at once?