Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I definitely know how you're feeling. I used to feel the same way about my school's rec center...lots of muscular football players and tiny girls! However, I've realized that seriously, nobody cares. Sure, you'll get the occasional person that will notice you, but you can't know what they're thinking. Don't assume the worst.

At the very least, cancel the membership until you feel ready to go. I ditto what others have said: working out at home IS enough. Stepping into a gym doesn't automatically equal extra calories burned. There are plenty of ways to mix things up without paying for a gym. Congratulate yourself for exercising consistently! It's a huge accomplishment in my book. You don't have to be a gym rat to be a fitness person.
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

I have horrible gym anxiety because of my weight. That being said, I am going for the second time today with 2 ladies I've talked into going. We "plan" on going once a week.

I have lost 36 pounds without the use of the gym. I did it by walking mostly. I have added in some running, dumbbell exercises and am on day 5 of the 30 day squat challenge. I also use the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD and BL Boot Camp dvd.

All of those things I do without the gym.

The reason I want to go to the gym is they have stationary bikes which are different for me. I'd like to get back into serious strength training like I did years ago, but I'm to embarrassed and this time I'm not a an all ladies gym.

If you want to go to the gym because you think it's the only way to change up your routine, think again! There are so many things you can do at home. Zumba, dumbbell exercises, walking/jogging, walking in place while watching a movie, jumping jacks, jump rope, hula hoop, the possibilities are endless!!!

Oh..one of my fave "no gym needed" workouts is the Zombies, run app on my phone!! It is entertaining and you CAN walk through it if you are not a runner. It is fantastic!

I did put a post about my first day back at the gym on my blog. If you really want to go, I say just get in there. Do you know anyone that would be willing to go with you even just the first time?
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote