Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #16  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Quote:
Not long but i was at 172 for quite a while...because people WERE commenting
Someone said here recently that sometimes it's that people (including ourselves) aren't used to the new face yet and make comments about it. If you were at 172 for awhile, people were starting to get used to your 1st new face, and now they're maybe getting used to your 2nd new face..

if that even made sense...
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #17  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Skin brushing and time. I'd recommend a soft facial brush and twice daily routine of it - do that for six months and I'd be shocked if some of the rubbery issues didn't clear up
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #18  

Thanks, Taryl!

i have a body brush and doggonit i need to use that (on my body) and i'll try the soft facial brush!

BTW, you are so beautiful in your Avatar, i'm assuming that's you. You look like an old fashioned movie star

Last edited by 3fcuser291505109; 04-08-2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: .
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
Someone said here recently that sometimes it's that people (including ourselves) aren't used to the new face yet and make comments about it. If you were at 172 for awhile, people were starting to get used to your 1st new face, and now they're maybe getting used to your 2nd new face..

if that even made sense...
Thanks, Vex

and i know you've posted about your husband in a couple threads to me and i've never forgotten it and i try to keep reminding myself!

BTW. Salad? YES!! ha!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #20  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
BTW, you are so beautiful in your Avatar, i'm assuming that's you. You look like an old fashioned movie star
Old fashioned?

Just a movie star!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #21  
Back with a story

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyJ View Post
Thanks, Taryl!

i have a body brush and doggonit i need to use that (on my body) and i'll try the soft facial brush!

Awe, thanks

Black and white filters are fun

Now that you pointed out my avatar - I was having 'rubber face' issues when that was taken! My smile lines were quite deep and resistant, as was my jawline. Now a year later, with fairly little real fat fluctuation my face looks much more 'natural' than it did when I first lost to this level. I don't look like I'm in skin two sizes too big anymore (I've got about ten pounds of real weight gain left over from pregnancy that I'm going to have to work off the old fashioned way, to get back to ticker/avatar weight).

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 04-08-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #22  
Back with a story

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Old fashioned?

Just a movie star!
Thank you! It's not a compliment I'd have gotten one hundred pounds ago, so you two have made my night
Old 04-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Awe, thanks

Black and white filters are fun

Now that you pointed out my avatar - I was having 'rubber face' issues when that was taken! My smile lines were quite deep and resistant, as was my jawline. Now a year later, with fairly little real fat fluctuation my face looks much more 'natural' than it did when I first lost to this level. I don't look like I'm in skin two sizes too big anymore (I've got about ten pounds of real weight gain left over from pregnancy that I'm going to have to work off the old fashioned way, to get back to ticker/avatar weight).
Yea the black and white filter is where the "old fashioned" comes in, LOL. Seriously whenever i see you post i stare at your pic!

Well, you give me great hope, maybe my face in awhile after i've maintained, will start to look like me rather than a fat suit! I'll try the skin brushing, just have to find a very very soft facial brush, i'm prone to broken capillaries!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #24  
Back with a story

You could use a soft cotton washcloth for your face, just fold it into a triangle and use a corner with two fingers in it - that should give you a small, controllable surface that should still effectively stimulate collagen building and light exfoliation without damage. Just watch the pressure and I bet you'd have no issues.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:49 AM   #25  

If it doesn't tighten up, you can have lazer on your face that will tighten it up. Thermage is one of them.
SnowPetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

I actually think that skin there looks good. Seriously. I think some always been thin people have it too. Let me see if I can find some pics of hot people with that crease.

That said, I agree that after some time, things will probably smooth out a little and tighten up.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

ReillyJ--I thought of you, and this thread, today. When you first posted, my number one thought was that you look absolutely stunning!!! But I have gotten those lines, too, as I've lost weight. (Although a friend who's a little older has been warning me about them for years.) Today I saw a plastic surgeon about a brow lift, and he showed me how he can pull them right out with a little incision behind the hair line at each temple. I think I'm going to go for it, as long as I am doing the other thing, anyway, and I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited by HungryHungryHippo; 04-26-2013 at 12:26 AM.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:09 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHungryHippo View Post
ReillyJ--I thought of you, and this thread, today. When you first posted, my number one thought was that you look absolutely stunning!!! But I have gotten those lines, too, as I've lost weight. (Although a friend who's a little older has been warning me about them for years.) Today I saw a plastic surgeon about a brow lift, and he showed me how he can pull them right out with a little incision behind the hair line at each temple. I think I'm going to go for it, as long as I am doing the other thing, anyway, and I'll let you know how it goes!
Awww thank you so much!!

i'm sloooooooowly accepting my face although i don't know if i'll EVER get used to how "chiseled" it has become in comparison to even 15 lbs ago, you'd think i'd have gotten used to it BY NOW good grief!!!! i just don't know why i'm so shocked at how i look!

Did you inquire about "fillers"? Because i guess they can really do the trick also but yes, please keep us all posted, i'm all ears!!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:28 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 75-165 / 67.9 / 62-135

My God!! You're almost 51????

That can't be true! You look AMAZING!

I saw an interview of Elle McPherson (who's 48) and your skin is better looking than hers!!

I don't know what to do about your crease (which seems to be part of your natural face actually), but I would LOOOVe for you to tell me how you remained so fresh-faced??

Please share your tips??

I am prone to broken capillaries too :-(( In fact since I stopped smoking 4 years ago, my skin has turned progressivly reddish and I HATE it :-((

Any way, Congrazts on your weight loss!
Lumia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumia View Post
My God!! You're almost 51????

That can't be true! You look AMAZING!

I saw an interview of Elle McPherson (who's 48) and your skin is better looking than hers!!

I don't know what to do about your crease (which seems to be part of your natural face actually), but I would LOOOVe for you to tell me how you remained so fresh-faced??

Please share your tips??

I am prone to broken capillaries too :-(( In fact since I stopped smoking 4 years ago, my skin has turned progressivly reddish and I HATE it :-((

Any way, Congrazts on your weight loss!
Hi, thanks for the compliment i don't know actually why i look younger than my age, i always have.

I just exfoliate regularly with chemical exfoliants such as Glycolic Acid (Mandelic acid is fabulous, too, you just have to experiment with what your skin will like). Walgreens makes a good inexpensive AHA Alpha Hydroxy Acid (can't remember the name but it's their brand) and i'll do chemical peels a lot ( makeupartistschoice.com ) and of course USE SUNSCREEN every day and a good one. Also topical C is great for the skin and i also use Retin A or a generic, actually and since i've done all of that i have no rosacea anymore but yes because i'm of English descent and was semi-redhead when i was born, i'm very prone to broken caps, etc.

Thanks for the kudos on the weight loss, this is my first (and hopefully ONLY) effort at it and even though my face turned out different than i'd hoped, it is still worth it to have a body that's no longer heavy
Here's a pic that's more indicative of what i look like, i think i look older since the weight loss :P Sorry this mirror is pretty dirty. was out on our front porch for years and just brought it in and for some reason this photo just does not show how chiseled and hollow my face looks especially in dept store lighting ugh

Last edited by 3fcuser291505109; 04-26-2013 at 04:03 AM.