Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #31  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

The sun is shining today. I got to take a nap (I've been seriously sleep deprived) and guess who is having no problem with food so far today? And guess who feels great?

If every day was like today, I would have hit goal and been in maintenance LONG ago!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #32  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
And anyone who says they truly aren't hungry when they eat at a deficit isn't being completely honest.
This isn't true for me - I'm never hungry, ever. I also never feel full. If I'm busy and not around food, I can forget to eat/drink until I literally pass out on the floor (it's happened on MANY occasions) - I just never get the cue from my body that I need food/water. I've suddenly realized before that I haven't eaten in four days and should probably get something before I faint in the middle of the street. I have to chart my fluid intake because otherwise I'll easily go more than 24 hours without drinking ANYTHING. I'll also not realize I'm overeating until I feel like I can't breathe and involuntarily puke - I never get the 'uncomfortably full' signal between starting to eat and so-full-you'll-vomit-if-you-take-another-bite.

Last edited by merilung; 03-30-2013 at 01:01 PM.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #33  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
The sun is shining today. I got to take a nap (I've been seriously sleep deprived) and guess who is having no problem with food so far today? And guess who feels great?

If every day was like today, I would have hit goal and been in maintenance LONG ago!
I know isn't a little bit of actual sunshine amazing... I actually did yoga outside this morning and did a mini trampoline workout as well outside... and now I'm feeling so ready to stay on plan today... it really does make a difference... Enjoy!
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #34  

Quote:

i was thinking about you yesterday, Melissa and was thinking yes i KNOW you are still on the journey and want to lose more pounds and you will, but i also want you to know you look great now and to rejoice in that, you look strong and healthy, i envy your muscle tone, you have a great smile and great hair! (i lost half of mine!) and just wanted you to know that. i think we will all hit bumps along the road and just to work through it and at some point it'll be smooth sailing and then some more bumps, then smooth sailing--rinse--repeat, LOL. Enjoy the day!!
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #35  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

I needed this thread today. I have lost 17lbs, which was more than 10% from where I officially started tracking everything this round. It was fairly easy to lose that, and I feel much better in my clothes but my body fat is still high. I am not going to be happy unless I lose at least another ten pounds.

But, I'm finding it incredibly hard the past week to stay OP. I haven't worked out in a week because TOM and now I am dreading it because I know it will be like starting over. I'm staying in my calorie range but I'm making terrible food choices and causing cravings and grouchiness.

I haven't heard of weight loss fatigue but that describes perfectly how I feel right now.

I feel stuck, because I want so badly to do NRLW but I can't afford to buy what I need to get started and logistically there is no possible way to join a gym. I know there are other things I can do, but I have it in my head that lifting will be the key to success for me and I'm so frustrated that I can't just do it. It almost makes me want to throw my hands up in defeat.

I am trying to figure out how to remotivate myself but its hard.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #36  

Height: 5"6

I love this thread! It's taken me a whole day to think about what respond here, as I've been "tired" of the weight loss too lately. As a result, I haven't lost this week (haven't gained either!)

Someone once told me on this forum that motivation comes in peaks and valleys. Maybe many of us are in valleys currently? Whenever I remember that saying, I feel motivated to remember that this too shall pass!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I can only speak for myself. I just get tired of having to think about every blasted morsel of food I consume. There are times when I just want to go back to mindless eating; as much as I want, whenever I want, without planning, without counting, without thinking. Of course, down that path lies size 28 clothes, ill health, joint pain and a myriad of other issues all related to weight.

But sometimes, sometimes I lament the reality that I will always have to count, measure, plan and think about my food...and it makes me tired.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #38  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

The sun! The sun! I have been in a huge funk, but today I was out busting my behind doing yard work, etc. That counts as exercise to me! I get "SAD" pretty badly, and this never ending winter is killing me. It is amazing how much sun,or lack thereof, can make me feel about working out, eating right, etc.

P.s. I wish I was one of those people who never felt hungry. It is almost perpetual for me. Blah!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #39  
Melissa

I'm sorry so many of us are in the same place mentally. I was doing really well today, but that darn cookie dough? It's like my cryptonite. Seriously, I can resist nearly EVERYTHING but not cookie dough! ugh!

I didn't do a ton of damage, but it was a maintenance day (if I'm lucky).

Tomorrow is Easter and it should be easy to be on track. Chocolates and candies don't tempt me. Then it's ham, hard boiled eggs and later lamb with beets and a salad... And once the cookies are MADE, smooth sailing. Cookies don't tempt me (much) either.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #40  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by merilung View Post
This isn't true for me - I'm never hungry, ever. I also never feel full. If I'm busy and not around food, I can forget to eat/drink until I literally pass out on the floor (it's happened on MANY occasions) - I just never get the cue from my body that I need food/water. I've suddenly realized before that I haven't eaten in four days and should probably get something before I faint in the middle of the street. I have to chart my fluid intake because otherwise I'll easily go more than 24 hours without drinking ANYTHING. I'll also not realize I'm overeating until I feel like I can't breathe and involuntarily puke - I never get the 'uncomfortably full' signal between starting to eat and so-full-you'll-vomit-if-you-take-another-bite.
That's unusual. Not unheard of, but unusual for sure. You are someone who needs to schedule your meals and portions. My mother in law is like this too. That's why she doesn't get AT ALL that I just can't wait for dinner at 7 pm like she does. She doesn't understand that I'll inhale the house if I wait too long to eat. She'll skip days without eating just because she feels her bowels aren't moving properly, etc. Totally bizarre to me, but it's that the normal hunger trigger is missing for her. But you also seem to be missing the satiated trigger too. That really means that planning is a necessity.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #41  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
The sun! The sun! I have been in a huge funk, but today I was out busting my behind doing yard work, etc. That counts as exercise to me! I get "SAD" pretty badly, and this never ending winter is killing me. It is amazing how much sun,or lack thereof, can make me feel about working out, eating right, etc.

P.s. I wish I was one of those people who never felt hungry. It is almost perpetual for me. Blah!
I have SAD too. I 'meant' to take Vitamin D this winter, but I kept forgetting as I'm sure getting low on Vitamin D isn't helping me.

Today we went to the park and let the 7 year old play at the park. I pulled up my sleeves and rolled up my pantlegs to get as much skin exposed to sun as possible. It felt SOOOOO great.

I already have plans for working in the yard and garage this upcoming week. It' still a bit too soggy for much yard work yet, but SOOOOOON.

And yes, yardwork is definitely exercise! You burn tons of calories with all that heavy work.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #42  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re;

Quote:
Because at the beginning any little change gives you a reward. You cut soda??? You lose 1lb. You start exercising? You lose 2 lbs. And so on.
I think this has a lot to do with it for me. Things slow down so much that 10 or even 5 pounds seems so far away and like so much effort. Such spans of time, weeks or months, with such little reward leads to fatigue.

I think it also leads to a "comfortability" factor. I know that's not a word, but it should be. When there's no or little change we tend to fall into our comfort zone, our norm. I think that's why many of us gain weight to begin with - we're just comfortable where we are.

I don't think fatigue is going to go away at maintenance for a long time, if ever. Somehow there's got to be a way to maintain your weight without thinking about it constantly.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #43  

I find that whenever I am in my "fat" phase (whether that's true or not), I seclude myself as I am just too ashamed of myself. Whenever I lose a bunch of weight, I look back and think it was rather effortless and easy. I am also pretty sure that my social calendar was a lot less busy.

I think when we lose weight, we become more open to other people and other situations. Which is great, but it also means that you expose yourself to more "traps" and "temptations." Even if you resist a lot of them, the act of resistance is a lot more tiring than doing your exercise and eating on plan in a vacuum. Resistance is so tiring--it's not even just the actual food item, it's often the social stigma that you have to face that wears you down ("Why not just a have slice of cake with us--it won't hurt you!".

This is probably not healthy but I have come to hate eating new foods. Not because I think I'll hate it--it's because I'll like it. Just yet another food item I'll have to resist.

Last edited by memememe76; 03-30-2013 at 10:10 PM.
memememe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:06 AM   #44  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I feel truly blessed with Intuitive Eating. Nothing is off limits. It's not easy, because I'm an emotional eater. But it's working for me. If I'm hungry, I eat. So I do get hungry most days, several times a day. But that's ok. It's my body's signal that I need to eat. Just like feeling sleepy means it's time to go to bed or pressure in my bladder means I need to pee. But it's not purely functional. I enjoy my food. I eat better. I'm also thankful that I really enjoy good (pretty) healthy food with lots of veggies. I do think about how a food is gonna make me feel. So...a taste of cookie dough - yes. A bunch of it...no, it's gonna make me feel sick. Cookies themselves? I'd have to be really hungry with little else around.

It also means that if I need to eat more on a certain day, I do - so this limits fatigue.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #45  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

There's a lot of good replies here.

For me I don't think I've ever had weight loss fatigue, at least not for long. I focused my goals on improving my fitness and fat loss and that meant that I would lose inches, but my weight would stay the same if not go a little higher.

I do remember getting a little frustrated though when I was addicted to weighing myself and when I ate 4 - 6 times per day. I would get so frustrated when I would go up when I was doing everything right and I would throw myself a party when I would go down a couple of time lbs after a minor binge and would put on more weight. Once I put that scale away and used my measuring tape more that that solved one major issue.

My next issue was eating all day and still being hungry!

I learned about Intermittent Fasting and researched it for weeks and tried it. After trying various versions what worked for me was eating 2 larger meals between 11a - 5p with no snacking. I can eat full, hearty meals and not stress about food at all. It also solved a lot of other things like it helped me to stop eating and snacking after dinner (which was a huge problem for me) and I learned the difference between being truly hungry or when my stomach was psyching me out.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote