Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #1  
Working My Way Healthy

S/C/G: 250/221/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile Do fine through the week,

but on the weekends while staying at my Aunt's while working in a different city during the day I get bored at night. I worked nights for 2+ years and having the nights off and not in my own house where I can kill time watching tv and being on the internet, I get really bored and eat very bad things b/c of boredom. Exercise is out right now while I am having some lung issues. No infection but as soon as I exert myself I start coughing. I take a puffer but its still keeping me from exercise.

I am looking for things to reduce my boredom while I stay at my Aunt's for work on the weekend. Friday nights are not bad but Saturdays and Sundays are really bad. I come home Mondays. I think if my Aunt had internet I would do just fine but without it I get bored. I do read but sometimes I need a break.
LeanStrongSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

With 2 kids under 3, I have no idea what free time is anyone! Haha! But I do agree that boredom leads to wandering to the fridge.

I have chronic asthma - have you considered taking up a physical activity that may not require cardio endurance, such as light yoga, pilates, stretching, etc?

What about picking up a TV series and watching the whole thing? A random book? "Staycation" sightseeing in the new city?
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

You could buy one of those puzzle books!

I've been playing The Sims 3 a lot, lol. I get really into it and forget to snack on bad things. So that's nice.

Do you have a laptop? Even if you don't have internet there, you could download a bunch of free trials for games and play them when you get there? :]
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #4  

Is there a Starbucks or Panera that you can go and have a coffee, people watch, use your laptop on their wifi?

I'd also have healthy snacks around for the times you feel like eating. I get like that sometimes, whether bored or otherwise just hungry, and my new favorite is celery with Trader Joe's (or any fresh brand) hot salsa. It's to die for, very low calorie, and a lot of flavor and crunch for 30 calories a serving total!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I 2nd the puzzle books. You have a dollar store near you? They always have them there. Sodoku, crosswords, word finds.

An actual puzzle. Get a 1000 peicer, that'll keep you busy.

Take up drinking tea. There's lots of flavors!

Knitting, crocheting, needle point.

Journaling, drawing.

I also 2nd the yoga suggestion. I also have chronic asthma so I can relate to that. Yoga doesn't have to be strenuous, in fact it can be quite relaxing! There are tons of very cheap yoga DVDs.

Paint by numbers (sometimes these are at the dollar store too).

Crafts, they don't have to be spendy, dollar store yet again!

Scrapbooking.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Volunteer! It helps me not think about myself so much.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #7  
Started Jan. 22. 2013

S/C/G: 373/359/273

Height: 5'7"

I was going to suggest paint by number, sudoku, talking a nice easy walk that does not require too much exertion. All great suggestions.
Internet cafe with a laptop.
Rachel3 is offline   Reply With Quote