Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #16  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I remember the day I was so excited to fit into a 26/28. Before that, I couldn't find anything off the shelves that could fit me. And 40 pounds later? I was still in a 26/28. It was oh so frustrating!

I like to tell everyone that I'm currently in a 16, but I'm literally ranging between 14's and 20's with jeans. Hmm . . . maybe I should just start telling everyone I'm a 14.

I've found that the smaller you are, the less pounds it takes to change a size. And as everyone else is saying here, all brands are different, and sometimes sizes vary even within the same brand! I have 2 pairs of Rock Star Old Navy jeans in size 16; one pair is blue, the other is black. They were even bought from the same store on the same day and the blue ones are noticeably smaller!

So don't get too caught up in the number. The important thing is finding something that fits and makes you feel good.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBfitnessbuff View Post
Robin- maybe this isn't the appropriate place to ask. But I noticed you and I are similar in height. I was curious what size you ended up at in your current weight. My goal if probably more like 155-160, but my small goal (ill have to see if its realistic for me) is 145.

P.S. your weightloss amazes me! Your an incredible inspiration.
I'm a 4-6. I've got a medium/large frame and I'm probably too thin considering that but it's nice spending some time on the thin side of the street for a change. Started out as a snug 24.

At your height, anything under 160 is going to look quite thin. Keep it up!
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
I like to tell everyone that I'm currently in a 16, but I'm literally ranging between 14's and 20's with jeans. Hmm . . . maybe I should just start telling everyone I'm a 14.
I am SO a size 16 now since I have one pair that fits.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #19  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I am SO a size 16 now since I have one pair that fits.
LOL! I got a laugh out of this because this just happened to me. I have been wearing a wide range of sized jeans and pants because I have some that I bought at various sizes and some were given to me. The size 48 and 50s that I bought and had given to me are way too big now. I had one pair of 46 jeans that I got a month or so ago which looks ok, but is a little bit big. So, the other day I went to the store to buy some new jeans. Nothing fancy, just Walmart, because I don't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes that I am not going to be wearing for too long. The novelty of even being able to buy clothes at a regular store like Walmart, rather than Big & Tall store, is still kinda new to me. But what has not changed is the reality that the bigger the size, the less selection and availability there is.

Anyway, when I was at Walmart a couple weeks ago I found two pairs of size 42 jeans that were in a style I really liked. (vintage /distressed and dark). I saw no 44s - which was ok, because I don't want to buy pants in every size on the way down. I'm ok with skipping sizes and just wear the bigger ones for a little longer and squeeze into the smaller ones even if they are a little tight. When I tried on the 42s, they were too tight, but they fit. So I bought them - knowing that I would soon be able to wear them. In the meantime, I still had the 46 and 48s.

Well, just this week - after losing about 10 more pounds - I tried on the 42s --- and they fit! They weren't that tight. So - like Mozzy did - I suddenly declared that I was a size 42! I then bought a couple pairs of dress pants at Sam's Club -- without trying them on of course because there is no fitting room there. I bought one size 42 with the expandable waist thing, and one size 44 with no expandable waist. When I got home my bubble was partially burst. While I was able to get them buttoned, both pairs of pants were to tight to wear comfortably. Maybe it is easier to get into jeans that are little bit snug because they stretch? I don't know. But there is definitely merit to the point that different pants with the same size may fit differently. So, I have come back to reality that my size is probably about a 45 right now. But I am not taking those 42s or 44s back to the store! Oh no, those will fit soon enough! (Well, I might take them back, but only because I'm cheap and don't want to have intermediate clothes that I will soon have to get rid of!)

The bottom line is, don't be afraid to buy new jeans! If they don't fit now, they will! And it doesn't mean that you haven't made progress -- or even that you aren't at that size. The jeans may just be cut smaller than others.

Last edited by joefla70; 03-22-2013 at 01:40 PM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #20  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
The bottom line is, don't be afraid to buy new jeans! If they don't fit now, they will! And it doesn't mean that you haven't made progress -- or even that you aren't at that size. The jeans may just be cut smaller than others.
You are so right! I love Torrid jeans and they tend to run pretty big. I'm sure I can go in there and get a 16 and they will fit. I just need to stop being afraid and just go shopping!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote