Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Elladorine - Try Lane Bryant or Fashion Bug Right Fit YELLOW. They are the only ones that fasten around my waist and don't make my legs swim. I am a total apple shape as well - and my legs are tiny compared to my body (but I still have bad chub rub!).
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #17  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 View Post
Elladorine - Try Lane Bryant or Fashion Bug Right Fit YELLOW. They are the only ones that fasten around my waist and don't make my legs swim. I am a total apple shape as well - and my legs are tiny compared to my body (but I still have bad chub rub!).
Thanks, I'll check them out! Oh wait, actually Fashion Bug's no longer with us (I miss that place, it was one of the few I'd have luck finding swim suits at for a decent price). I can definitely check out Lane Bryant though!

I seem to be doing decently with the "Rock Star" jeans at Old Navy now that I can actually fit into Old Navy, I just wish they were a little higher in the waist.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post

I seem to be doing decently with the "Rock Star" jeans at Old Navy now that I can actually fit into Old Navy, I just wish they were a little higher in the waist.
Off topic but I thought of you yesterday when I bought a sweatshirt at Old Navy yesterday! I tried on the stripes one like you have but I wanted one with a zipper on it so it's easy to take off. Isn't so funny how we think of people we "know" here??
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/152/120

Height: 5'2"

Lol, I tried to "draw" me, it didn't work, my upper body (boob and arms) are small, my belly has gotten bigger, my butt is huge My thighs rub and cause a rash, and I lose my favourite 2 weeks ago, prompting me to joing this site.
I hope my tush gets smaller, I haven't worn a bathing suit without a pair of shorts in years. I hoping to get a space between my legs at some point though. I know there's no real way to target fat loss though.
NiagaraGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #20  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Off topic but I thought of you yesterday when I bought a sweatshirt at Old Navy yesterday! I tried on the stripes one like you have but I wanted one with a zipper on it so it's easy to take off. Isn't so funny how we think of people we "know" here??
Heh heh, that's awesome! I typically buy the zippered ones and have a ton of those (found a great deal at Rainbow a while back for only $5 each) but I hadn't worn any pullovers in years, basically because I'd get hot so easy. I'm always cold these days though (although that'll probably change with summer coming) so I thought a pullover wouldn't be an issue anymore.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #21  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post

I shop at thrift stores for jeans that were made several years so before they all became thin and stretchy. The old, non stretch heavy weight denim is a lot harder to rub through.
This is what I do also!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #22  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
The shorts climbing up the inner thigh, bunching up at the crotch. That's lovely. And of course, wearing out too.

And even worse yet, trying to wear dresses and having the inner things rub raw. Sticking together, causing a rash/burn - in the summer heat
I hate that and you can't really fix it without it being "obvious." Especially when I had to wear pantyhose in the summer in high school! I tried shapewear but THAT would ride up.

Quote:
I was always so envious of women who could go bra-less and just wear a thin summer dress over their skimpy cotton underwear. With my large boobs, I have to wear a bra (which is HOT)
Ugh I know! I'll never be able to go bra-less! I have two dresses right now that are "bra-less dresses" and I'm like, "everyone's gonna have to suck it up cause I gots to wear a bra!"
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

I have that problem, too. Which is why I usually get the cheapest pair of pants I can find at Walmart. I've worn holes into jeans and my scrub pants after just a couple months of use. What's worse, I don't think the problem will resolve itself for me once I reach my goal weight. I'm very bottom heavy/pear shaped.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Love the punctuation-based body shape/thigh shape images - you guys rock! Gave me the friday afternoon chuckle I needed when I saw my shape and recognized it immediately!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #25  

My parentheses thighs are still cracking me up...
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody - I am tickled and entertained by everyone's frank and creative sharing...especially those involving punctuation marks. It is true, though I hadn't thought of it that it isn't just a matter of weight but of how we distribute weight and how our bones are structured. Still, I am holding out hope that once I lose weight I will lose the chub rub - or at least it will be significantly reduced. Thanks for the solidarity, everybody, and wishing all a happy, friction-free weekend!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 238/205.6/135

Height: 5'6"

I feel so much less alone, now! Wearing through jeans truly is one of my least favorite parts about being big. However, even when I was around 138-140 lbs, I still wore through jeans! I fear that my legs were simply built to be BFFs - there's no separating them! It gives "attached at the hip" a whole new meaning...

Luckily, I seem to wear through jeans much more slowly when I'm lighter. At my heaviest, I needed new jeans every three months, but my current pairs are eight months old and still holding out... When I'm at a healthy weight, my pants can last up to two years, if I remember correctly. Definitely something to look forward to - constantly buying new jeans is expensive!
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

It's definitely a body shape issue. I have big thighs and have always worn through that part of my jeans. In fact, I have always had to buy my jeans based on thigh size. Having said that my best friend, who has always weighed 50 pounds less than me (except maybe now) has the exact same issue. It would usually take us about the same time to go through our new jeans as well. I'm really hoping my jeans will last longer now that I'm lighter but I highly doubt it.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #29  
Warrior Princess

This happened to me even at a size 8, the inner thigh would get worn thin but never all the way through...it still looked like crap and I would look at my jeans after I took them off and say "real nice." :/ It's just the way I am shaped I guess.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #30  
Warrior Princess

I have very wide hips and skinny calves. Buying jeans is a nightmare but Old Navy's seem to fit well and they're not a fortune.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote