Feel Like Giving Up

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thank you everyone. I appreciate every single word I've read. A few of you made me cry a bit (THANKS hahaa) but it really helped. The last couple days I've been doing a lot of thinking and I think I've pinpointed why I've been SO frustrated lately. One of my goals was St. Patrick's Day. I wanted to be in the mid to low 140s (which was absolutely attainable 7 weeks ago), and because I'm almost back to 160 I felt like throwing in the towel.

I'm not going to. I refuse to be this size forever. I'm 25 years old and I REALLY want to enjoy the rest of my 20s, my 30s, and beyond!

But I am going to take a mini break. I have a friend coming into town (Chicago) for the weekend and we are going to be ALL over the place - showing her some sites, museums, and not to mention a LOT of night life (it is St. Patty's weekend after all). I know that recommitting before the weekend is going to be a joke because I know this weekend it will be tough for me to commit to anything - even simply because I'll be drinking a lot.

So I'm going to take this weekend to recharge, improve my mood a little bit which I know it will do, then come next week hopefully I'll be rested and rejuvenated and ready to get moving again. For my "diet" I'm going to go back on Weight Watchers. Although it got a bit tedious towards the end of my run, it did work, and it was the only diet I've ever done where I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. For fitness I am going to wait a week (to get my head back into eating right) and then begin the 10-Minute Trainer program from BeachBody. When I started P90X my mom bought the 10MT program because she wanted to do P90X with me but it was too intense. The 10MT is only three 10-minute workouts a night, as compared with P90X which was an hour to an hour and a half a night. And, with 10MT, I can commit as I see fit, instead of 6 days a week like P90X. I eventually want to be able to do P90X for real, but I need to get my head back in the game first. So, anyway. My mom is coming down for a visit next weekend and she is going to bring me a copy of the 10MT program. I think it'll be easier for me to stick to, 3-4 times a week maybe.

I AM very upset I've lost so much progress (8 pounds may not seem like a lot, but it really is to me) BUT ... it happened. I just have to move forward. I may not be 125 this summer or be able to wear a bikini or anything like that, but hopefully I can be a little smaller than I am now. And then maybe by next summer I'll be where I really want to be. I have to really start focusing on doing this one day at a time.

Thanks again guys. I've been on several weight loss boards in the past and I can already tell I'm going to get so much motivation and strength from this one - WAY more than I've ever gotten before!

Enjoy your St. Patty's everyone!! <3
  • Excellent plan!!! Have a wonderful weekend with your friend and enjoy it to the fullest!!! You'll be refreshed and now that you have an "appointment" with yourself to start WW (that's how I lost my weight, too!), I think you'll really be ready to commit to it. I wish you all the best--I really do. I believe in your ability to get the job done. Big hug.