Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #16  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Just my opinion, but I do not believe in "diets".

When you say you are going ON a DIET, that means that at some point in time you will go OFF of your DIET.

We need to find a life style change that we can lose and maintain on, and not feel deprived or restricted.

Granted, most of the time, we need to stick to what works for our body and life, and we need to exercise. However, we also need to give ourselves a bit or wiggle room, for the now and then wedding cake, or girls night out, or being sick, or what ever life tosses at us.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #17  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

On the cooking thing...

Once you decide on a plan, pick out 2 new recipes that fit your plan. Cook them until they become "normal" for you. Next month, pick out another one. Repeat.

Anyone can become a good cook if they slowly increase the repertoire of dishes they can make. Start out slow and simple, and in a few years you'll be cooking up a storm!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #18  
Princess in gym training

S/C/G: 228/190/130

Height: 5'9"

I'm going to throw another vote out there for primal blueprint, ditch the grains and sugar and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. For me it meant not only losing almost 60lbs (20 more to go) but clearer skin, no more bloating and no more digestive trouble. It's been super easy, I haven't counted a single calorie, which never worked anyway, and food is so simple, meats veggies and fruit. If you are looking for a simple way to start then honestly lose the sugar and google primal blueprint. But that's just my 2 cents thrown from my own soapbox.
BellaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote