Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

Default Put all the weight back on

Hi guys. I haven't been on here in months. I've recently gained nearly 9 kilos back, and am slightly heavier than when I started. I had been going strong for 4 months, but started to struggle. I still managed to maintain the weight loss. Then I was diagnosed with major depression, and started taking antidepressants. I then proceeded to put all of the weight back on. I'm not sure if it was the antidepressants (lexapro) were to blame, or if I would have gained the weight back anyway. My phsyciatrist put me on a different one, but my depression came back, so I'm back on the lexapro.

I really just needed to come here and admit to the weight gain. I had a bad morning eating way too many muelsi bars. But I'm determined to get straight back on track. I keep saying that I'm going to start tomorrow and I never do. So I'm starting right now today.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Good job AmyAmy! You're certainly not alone. I fell off track too, and I'm trying every day to get back on track.

Cheers to us! We can do this.
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good luck, you can do this!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #4  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I understand AmyAmy, I gained all the weight I had lost back to. Starting over now to! We can do this!

The biggest hurtle I had to overcome was forgiving myself for falling off the wagon. Put the past in the past and don't beat yourself up about it

Congrats on getting back to it and good luck!
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 AM   #5  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Me too, Amy. I gained mine back too. I'm starting over immediately too. Thanks for posting.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Good for you for owning up to the gaining, I'm in the same boat. I did really well for about 6 months and then pretty poorly for the next 6 months. Nothing like NOW to get back on track! Good luck!
aniela26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #7  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back, AmyAmy. I can relate... Learn from the past, and move on. You can do this!!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #8  

good luck and god going to help you
siwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyAmy View Post
[...] So I'm starting right now today.
Well said.

I guess it's not tragic to put some weight back on (same thing happened to me some time ago), as long you maintain a positive attitude.
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/136/123

Height: 5

Hi Amy,

I gained weight on lexapro too, when I was on it for almost a year about six years ago. It's hard to say with antidepressants, as many people do report weight gain, but there are other factors too. For me, it was probably a little of both, since I tended to eat lots of junk food when I was feeling miserable or tired, and then of course there was the depression that made me take lexapro in the first place! All in all I think it was better I went on the lexapro than trying to manage everything together (weight, depression, finishing my senior year of college), so if the lexapro is helping with the depression, cut yourself some slack and try not to "fix" everything at once. This has been a hard lesson for me to learn, and I think the main thing is reflecting on little things that have improved, and not to see everything in black and white terms.

For instance, you are treating the depression, and that's a step towards better times for you. Good luck!

(I also meant to add that after I went off the lexapro, I lost the weight- but this could have been due to the fact that my depression had improved by then, or it could've been the lexapro. hard to say)

Last edited by stressedstudent; 03-10-2013 at 10:35 PM.
stressedstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Good for you for starting NOW. I would ask your doctor HOW Lexapro causes weight gain so you can arm yourself. My doctor said the medication I was on caused cravings but didn't slow down metabolism. Knowing this, I felt more hopeful. You can do it!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #12  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back. So many of us have been there. So many more have been there and haven't come back, and here YOU are. Huge step. Give yourself credit for that! I remember you, glad to see you!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote