Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/142/125

Height: 5'6

Default Why am I craving sweets?

I used to not even LIKE chocolate when I was heavier, why do I want it all the time now? Seriously, all the time. Especially when I go to my dads house, because he always has it in his house. I don't know how to stay away from it
kassi14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Isn't that usually vitamin K that you need when you crave chocolate?
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #3  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Vitamin Deficiencies Associated with Sweets Cravings
According to NaturopathyWorks.com, deficiencies of several essential vitamins and minerals may cause the body to crave sweets. If the body is lacking the substances of chromium, carbon, phosphorus, sulfur or tryptophan, an ususual affinity to sweets can occur. If an unusual cravings for sweet foods is noticed, adjusting the normal diet to include higher quantities of chicken, beef, poultry, broccoli, nuts and fresh fruits may lessen the cravings for sweets.

Vitamin Deficiencies Associated with Chocolate Cravings
According to Russell J. Martino,Ph.D, individuals who constantly have a craving for chocolate may actually have a deficiency in vitamin B or magnesium. Chocolate cravings can be curbed by increasing amounts of raw nuts, seeds, beans and fruits in an individual's daily diet. In addition, the supplement flax seed oil may also assist in lessening the craving for chocolate.

Source

Last edited by Novus; 03-10-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #4  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Funny... I get plenty of B vitamins, Mg, and Vit K and I still crave chocolate... but for me chocolate = sweets... and sweets = SUGAR... and well, sugar cravings can be a tough one to beat...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

I think my craving for sweets of all flavors has abated since I stopped eating wheat. I don't know why.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #6  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha2 View Post
I think my craving for sweets of all flavors has abated since I stopped eating wheat. I don't know why.
I've found this to be true for me as well... cutting carbs in general has seemed to help me a lot with most cravings... but unfortunately, I'm finding when I try to cut out all "added sugars" from everything I'm eating I get pretty intense sugar cravings like I've never had before in my life... and even the little bit of non-nutritive sweeteners that I use are seeming to bring the cravings on as well...

Right now I'm just trying to deal with it and take a "wait and see" approach and hope they become more manageable...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote