Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - March 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-22-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #2  
Just watch me ...

Hi Diana, thanks for our March thread.

My focus this month is: no processed food.
And I expect to be 5 pounds lighter come April 1st.

Have a great month everybody

Hm...Looking at aka's post below, I should think up a present for myself when I do reach
minus five....

Last edited by Exhale15; 02-28-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: addition
Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #3  
Warrior Princess

Oh boy I suppose this means I have to get my butt back in gear, eh? That's ok, I love new months and only 20 days until Spring!

These gloomy winter days/nights make me so lethargic. I slept like a rock last night so I guess my body needed it. I feel much more motivated today so hopefully tonight I can get some quality exercise in.

BBL.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #4  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

woke up puffy eyed, not sure what's with these puffed eyes lately. Poor diet probably. Anyway, on to class now.

Making turkey spaghetti tonight and then nightclub cardio or a run.
sleeepy.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

O-M-G hungry today ughhhhh i had a homemade protein shake this morning after work and then went to the gym....after that i got progressively hungrier and had a few bites of peanut butter....when that didn't cut it, i had 3 pieces of whole wheat toast with either peanut butter or sugar free jam...i feel like SUCH a piggie because i know i'm still gonna eat this afternoon too

this afternoon at work i'm having a sugar free coffee and a can of tuna/mayo with a few crackers...omg the calories are adding up this sucksss
Old 02-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
O-M-G hungry today ughhhhh
Alaskanlaughter Everyone is different but have you tried steaming a package of veggies and then eating them all. I know it sounds like a lot but sometimes that's the only thing that will work. I know I have tried the shakes before and I was not successful with them or the bars. Also, the peanut butter with toast would not work for me, either.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #7  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Alaskanlaughter Everyone is different but have you tried steaming a package of veggies and then eating them all. I know it sounds like a lot but sometimes that's the only thing that will work. I know I have tried the shakes before and I was not successful with them or the bars. Also, the peanut butter with toast would not work for me, either.
That's interesting...me too - veggies, even with a sprinkle of cheese works better for me.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i didnt have any of the veggie steamer packets in the house today although i usually keep them around...i like to bulk up my dinners with the veggies...peanut butter actually works well for me to fill me up, the fat(?) or the protein(?) or something in it....after i posted i got my coffee and went to work and have felt fine...later on i'll eat my tuna this afternoon but i dont feel that hunger anymore...

if i eat my tuna as planned my calories before dinner will be 1190...so that's not horrible...i just hate the feeling that i'm about to eat the entire contents of my kitchen for NO GOOD REASON ughhh

on the other hand, i ADORE corndogs (those horrid, processed things yumm) and i did NOT eat a single one despite the fact that there's about 40 of them in my freezer and DH was eating a plateful of them for his lunch at the time that i posted

so i feel better now...and more rational about the food...i dont want to eat everything in sight anymore...although i know it's TOM-related but still...
Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow, how could we be in March already? (Well,, in a few more hours we will be!) That means I am only six days away from seeing my surgeon. Can't wait to hear what he has to say
Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #10  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

Calories today: 1310

Zumba
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #11  
Warrior Princess

3.60 miles on the treadmill. I tried to make it to 4 miles but I was spent. I need to start pushing myself to go further, I have never made it past 5 miles.

I was really trying to wait until I had my tax return in the bank but I cannot run in these shoes anymore. I thought things would get better with the inserts but I only traded one ache for another. Done. I'm placing my order tonight or tomorrow...

I really hope this isn't a waste of $110.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #12  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hey all! Checking in... sorry I feel like this week has gone by really fast.

Thankfully I've been eating really well (I gotta fit into that dress!!), but the scale has been mean to me all week. I must be holding onto some stuff. I am waiting for my body to release the extra icky stuff so I can feel like what I'm doing is working.

I have been doing Turbo Kickboxing this week... my core and back are feeling strong. Legs too. I love TKB.

Also, I've been eating mushrooms a lot lately. Just sauté them in cooking spray and add some seasoning salt. Very low in cals and very filling. They taste a little like chicken and it fills me up. They are more filling when they are raw but sautéing them makes them taste good

I hope everyone is having a good week!!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #13  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracenote View Post
Also, I've been eating mushrooms a lot lately. Just sauté them in cooking spray and add some seasoning salt. Very low in cals and very filling. They taste a little like chicken and it fills me up. They are more filling when they are raw but sautéing them makes them taste good
This is a great idea. I freaking love mushrooms so I should start eating them more often. Never thought about having them alone as a meal.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #14  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Got antsy and jogged 2 miles this Morning and 2 this afternoon. good eating day today.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Aka9841 I am so impressed you are doing a 10K!! And good for you on the anti-depressants!! Back in the day, I took Wellbutrin / Effexor, as a diet pill, when the phen-fen days were over, and it is a challenge to go it on your own.

AlaskanLaughter You’ve been so steady for a really long time. You’re clearly in it for the long game! ;-)

OnaMi Thank you so much! I love your avatar!

Misti I want a brow lift! ;-) I’ve bought myself a little youth by losing weight, but my face looks tired. (Maybe a little more so, minus the fat.) Damn that underwater iPod!! I’m still loving the idea, though!!

Psychic A truck stop diner? How fun!! I love that!

Diana I hate allergic reactions!! But it’s only temporary.

RadioJane Nice!! Congrats!! I hope you enjoy the wedding.  They can be so much fun!!

Gracenote I love mushrooms!!

Good day. It’s funny how “pushing through” in weightloss and fitness has helped me push through in work, too. Thicker skin; more willing to just step in and work hard. I used to be like that, and it’s helped me get back.
Closed Thread