Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Hey Alyssa--love your name!!! Just want to say, an easy bonus for you might be sugar-free candies. Werthers makes some really good ones for 9 calories each.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #92  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Went for a walk with the hubs for an hour in lieu of cardio...much more fun than cardio! Baked boneless porkchops dipped in egg substitute and onion soup mix/bread crumbs for dinner along with jasmine rice and salad. I think calories are close to 1000 today which is actually too little! I'll probably have a healthy snack later

Diana, you can try Vegas.com...it's got good info .
Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 AM   #93  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ugh dinner did not sit well i ate a plate of hamburger with spinach and i dont know what was wrong with it but OMG it sat in my stomach for hours until i finally threw up...my body just refused to digest it so that leaves me at 790 calories for the day and i wont be eating anything else tonight...i dont think i have a stomach bug, i think maybe i ate it too fast(?) or the meat was bad(?)...i dont know
Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #94  

hi iam new to the site.
My breakfast was -2 roti+veg curry
lunch same as above
2 cups green tea

eveing snack will be apple
dinner: an orange and chickpeas with rice/chapathi.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #95  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

weight skyrocketed overnight and my normal baggy clothes are tight...I'm so at a loss.
76 mins of boardwalk walking. I did it in men's work boots because it was a last minute decision. The bridge is still out but it was low tide so I hopped through a stream, boots are waterproof so no problems on wet socks, but I think I hit a stone wrong, setting my hip off. I didn't notice it until a car ride to and from doctors. My feet were killing me, because I was wearing ankle braces that dug into the soles, so I kinda was walking wonky. By 9 last night I could hardly walk and got in the mindset, I'd be using my cane for a couple of days. BUT, I woke up with no hip problem...I think, I might be passing a cyst though from my right ovary...the pain doubles me over and it hurts to take in deep breathes...kinda wondering if that has anything to do with the weight gain Time for annual.

Alaskan Not sure on all wheat allergies, but Celiac's is genetic/hereditary, but can't always be found and wasn't really looked for until recent years. Hope your tummy starts feeling better.

Diana I think for the most part, on days I turn it on and sit in front of it, I do do better. I have finally edited the book enough that I got out of the hole I wrote myself into and I'm exercising way more, but it could be the vitamins too. Plus, I just recently unloaded a whole lot of stress, so I'm not bogged down with anything too terrible. Right now, my worst depressions come from humanity's treatment toward each other. If DH would just stop reading me the news, I could live in oblivion. He's actually been counseled on it, but he's still doing it...last headline he read was of a woman who killed her grandkids. I'd gotten an Amber alert on my phone and then the next day, he explained what it was about. I was happy they found the kids, then he said don't be so happy...which, for me is exactly what happens. I have over empathetic feelings for children (of course due to my own childhood) who are harmed. So of course, I've been pissy about that. My therapist has used to the 'tapping' therapy to help me get through Sandy Hook because I can't move on...she told me, even the parents have moved on, I must also...It's logical of course, but my mental mind just doesn't understand how people can be so cruel. And none of that helps with my social anxiety which is at an all time high right now. BUT I think the light is working

Well gotta go, no DH this week, so I must get the kittens to school. Have a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #96  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

Have to get ready for work but wanted to post just a bit.

Katydid, I have always been glad too that I hate the taste of alcohol... especially since I come from an alcoholic background (father and two brothers) and I for sure don't need the calories!

And I wish I could have found an area rug at a thrift store... LOL but mine was on sale at least. My one concern is it says spot clean only (I didn't catch this before I bought it). Not sure I will be able to keep it clean enough but we will see.

Welcome Alyssa!

Wish I had time to post more but I have to haul it to get ready! Greetings to all
Old 03-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #97  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

The good: The scale stayed the same, so I didn't bounce back up!

The bad: TMI Alert: Right before bed I noticed that I was spotting. Just barely, but it's there. Now I know why my back has been killing me for 2 days. So here's another unknown for me. Am I spotting because my thyroid is still getting regulated or is it one of the wonderful joys of perimenopause? I'm hoping it's the thyroid thing.

Calories for yesterday: 1520 +
Weigh In: 158.6
No Change

nimmimoorthy Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #98  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

To get myself back on track, I'm going to try the MFP app for my phone. I do like that barcode scanner.

185.2 today. Back to tracking calories so I can get down to 180 by the end of the month!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #99  
Just watch me ...

Morning everyone

Went shopping this weekend for new jeans and a couple of fitted shirts. While I can fit into them, they are fitted, and I will happily find them loose once I get back to dropping the rest of my extra weight.

ByeBye processed carbs and sweets, you leave me bloated and fat and I don't like that ...

Have a great week.

Last edited by Exhale15; 03-05-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #100  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

everybody!!

Had a nice 3 mile jog yesterday afternoon.Ate at maintance range again yesterday which some how where I've found my mentality to be need to push past that.I think since it's been cold in the mornings and being I've always liked early morning exercising has something to do w/it all..IDK.. Just have to keep swimming downstream and everything will click.

Oh,sorry bout that Diana hope it's your thyroid too.Sooner or later your body will regulate.Hang tough Mother is hanging in there Thanks for asking yeah..my relationship w/what i put in my mouth is totally mental.Forever fighting.Somedays the fighting isn't so hard.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Weight was still at 154.5 after drinking more yesterday and riding all day, so maybe that is the new weight.

Today is starting out slowly, had to call off my early plans because I'm trying to remain 'available' until about 2pm, in case they wind up taking my nephew to the doctor earlier than planned.

He had that stomach bug, and though he seems to feel fine, he still is having some diarrhea and not wanting to drink anything, so we'll have to go check if he is getting too dehydrated. When they only weigh 26 lbs their little bodies can't lose too much! Anyway, I don't think it is too severe right now, his eyes still look nice and moist and his skin doesn't look chalky or anything, but just to make sure he doesn't go too far and it become a real issue.

Had a lovely day yesterday with my boyfriend. We drove up to Kentucky (where I was raised) and got the treadmill out of storage. Since we were there, I took him around and showed him all my childhood 'sites' and various schools and things.

Very fun, and since he has three teenagers, VERY nice to have a day just to ourselves!

I ate a bit more calories than planned, and I'll post my food for the heck of it:

Breakfast:
2 eggs over easy
1 cup of rice
(260)

Lunch:
child's portion of dumplings with side of hashbrown casserole at Cracker Barrel
(510)

Dinner:
Jr chz burger and value fry
(580)

Evening whatever:
1/2 plain chz burger and MAYBE 1/4th of a banana split shake
(600?)
2 pieces of a salted caramel chocolate bar (100)

Total: 2050

HOLY CRAP that is a lot of calories. By far the most I've had since the first of February. I knew the total would be high, and I was planning on it as a 'spurlge' day, but it's still hard to look the total in the face. Funny thing is, I wasn't 'full' all day, and could have probably doubled that amount if I wasn't watching it. I'm in my 'hungry days' and just coming it at the 2050 was honestly a bit of a win.

Also, I started eating by like 10am. I always starve all day when I do that. I am so much better off waiting until 2 or 3pm to start eating.

Oh well, today is another day and I just have to buckle down and keep the total much lower (though I am already starving for the day!) lol
Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #102  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Alaskan - You sound like you have the same issues with wheat that I do. I don't have a family history of Celiac disease though. I've given up wheat/gluten (except for the occasional cheat) and I feel better for it. I agree with Diana, maybe cut it out completely for a while. I will warn you though that it usually means a big cut in carbs, and you may get "carb flu" which is withdrawal. Mine lasted about a week, and I was foggy headed, but felt a million times better about a week in.

Diana I only live about 2 minutes from work and my vehicle had no issues with the roads. I have good winter tires and a sturdy jeep. I could have walked if need be too. I do work in the office, I'm the director of marketing for the center. Yesterday I was the director of shoveling. My interviews went well but I didn't get either position; One I was out of their price range & one chose someone with less of a commute. Not the end of the world.

I was ravenously hungry yesterday, but I also got a lot of exercise yesterday. On top of my swim, I had to shovel, and I must have been up and down the hall 20 times! Scale went back down again. so I'm now at 322.1

Yesterday calories in:2556
2 eggs fried in coconut oil
1 cup broccoli
3 armstrong cheese sticks
20 almonds
7 salt and pepper chicken wings
1 cup greek salad with 1 tbsp dressing
1/2 cup chopped garlic sausage
6 perogies
1tbsp sour cream
2 cups steamed broccoli
1 link farmer sausage
1 tbsp mayo
3 Ferroro Roche chocolates

Yesterday Calories out: 950
30 minute swim plus brisk walking (20+min) and Shovelling!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #103  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning! so this morning I just had to satisfy my craving for a bagel, so i had an Asiago bagel from the deli at Pavilions (Vons). 300 calories.
For snack I have an orange, and a 1/2 cup cottage cheese. 135
I brought one thin cut pork chop leftover from last night (breaded w/bread crumbs and onion soup mix, dipped in egg substitute) and jasmine rice. 230
I should end the work day at 665, and tonight I have school so I'll probably just make a deli sliced turkey sammich with a slice of cheddar-mozzarella cheese and baby spinach on a sandwich thin, along with some Trader Joe's sweet potato fries. That should keep me under my 1300 goal for the day, and of course I will be taking all 100+ stairs down from the parking structure and back up after class!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #104  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

i usually eat with no/low wheat and no/low sugar but i havent been trying to do "low carb"....i get WAYYY to irritated with counting carbs AND calories and when i'm restricted from foods, i immediately rebel and want to eat it all in sight...so just sticking to no/low wheat and sugar seemed to be working...i'm still not eating wheat although i'm not obsessive about whether gluten etc is in other things that i eat...however i eat fairly unprocessed foods anyhow

the typical things that i eat are veggies with ranch (which may have a trace or something), sugar free mochas, homemade protein fiber shakes, meats, spinach, greek yogurt, cheese, oatmeal, nuts, dates, fruits....that's pretty much it...and the carbs might add up but right now it's easier mentally to just do "no wheat"

and on an unrelated note, HOLY STOMACH FLU omggg i wanted to DIE last night...spent the evening and most of the night in stomach pain with massive vomiting ...safe to say everything is out of my stomach and i feel like i've been punched in the stomach repeatedly...i have blood spots on my face from the force of the vomiting (TMI) ughhh...i didn't sleep until 4 a.m. and got up at 6 a.m. for work...now i'm going back to sleep again til the afternoon shift...my teenager also began throwing up this morning so he's home from school today
Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #105  
Warrior Princess

Talking

My Brooks have arrived!

EDIT: I will have to give a report on the Brooks tomorrow, BF had oral surgery and isn't feeling well so I'm staying home. March is off to a very rough start.

Last edited by novangel; 03-05-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Closed Thread