Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #76  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHungryHippo View Post
OhioJude – Welcome, and good luck on C25K! I did that too, and it was tough, but such a sense of accomplishment!!

Novangel – I’m so glad you got the shoes!! With the running you are doing, you surely deserve them!

Katydid – that sounds exhausting!!

Pinkflakes – Wow—that’s bird rations! ;-)

I totaled my drinks for the previous 7 days, and came up with 12. I felt OK with that. They could have been divided up a little better, though. I’ve been doing some sort of binge-y behavior (but not actual binging) after drinking—I just want to EAT, so I choose really low-cal veggies for part of my dinner, and dip them in no-calorie condiments so I can graze for like an hour. It’s a way of coping without overeating, but it would be better to just be in control. I did try the Walden Farms 0 calorie chocolate dip—and I have to say, it’s delicious!! Maybe just because I haven’t had anything like that in so long.
lol I know, wish I could have ate more
Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #77  
Proud Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katydid77 View Post
I love ordering stuff offline! I order everything offline and I still love getting the little packages in the mail. lol

I am hoping your shoes are perfect for you when you get them and that you can really tell a difference. With having worked in the restaurant industry for almost 20 years I certainly know that, as a general rule, good shoes are worth the investment.

I'm one of those people that every time someone looks at my diet, I get in trouble for it being 'carb heavy'. I do consume protein and veggies every day but carbs are def my go to food.

I tried to do Atkins back in the day, and I don't know that I have ever been so miserable in all of my life. At the time, I thought 'why am I doing this?' I never would keep it up (unless it became medically necessary or something) so losing weight through a method that I wouldn't keep up seemed like a recipe for yo-yo dieting.

I'm not drawing parallels with what you were doing, I was just commenting that I know how it is when carbs make up a significant part of your diet.

You know, one thing I have always been grateful for is that I don't like the taste of alcohol. I deliberately never got over the initial 'yuck that is gross and strong tasting impression' and I'll admit about 90% of the reason is that I didn't want to find something that added so many calories!! LOL

It always sounds so social and relaxing when people talk about weekends of drinking, but at the end of the day, it want to stay ignorant.

I go by Walden, TN all the time (where I think they make those Walden products) and have often thought of stopping in and seeing if they have a big retail store with all the products there.

Maybe I shall . . .

With the way you kick butt, you DESERVE to lose a pound!

At my bf's house, he found a HUGE area rug at a thrift store about 8 months ago that the lady there (who knows him well) sold him for 10 bucks.

The thing literally takes up his whole living room. Anyway, it's pretty but decidedly soft and feminine looking, so it's not his style at all. BUT he had just brought home a little black lab puppy that he was going to have to house train.

Long story/short he calls it his 'pee rug' because it basically catches the 'accidents' and his plan is to get rid of it in a couple more months when the lab is accident free. LOL

He STILL is obsessive about keeping the thing clean though, he scrubs and scrubs, talking the whole time about how embarrassing it is to have such a 'girly' rug in his house!

Happy Monday to you too!
Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #78  
Warrior Princess

My shoes are scheduled for delivery tomorrow (that was fast!) but there's a bad winter storm coming so I'm sure that will be a problem.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

hi! i'm new here... how is everyone?

and uh... what should i be posting here? i've been keeping a strict calorie log, but it doesn't look anything like that in here...
Old 03-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #80  

Welcome Alyssa
No loss this time and gained close to 1.6 lbs over the weekend. Week starting weight 160.4. No exercise last week due to TOM. ran 1 hour on treadmill over the weekend
My goal is to eat salads until I hit 154. I keep saying this and dropping off. I seem to be good at maintenance not at weight loss. Hmm...
Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #81  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

midterms this week..trying to get through to spring break. taking extra care of myself this week rather than stress eating, and running.

good work everybody!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #82  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy View Post
hi! i'm new here... how is everyone?

and uh... what should i be posting here? i've been keeping a strict calorie log, but it doesn't look anything like that in here...
Whatever you like. Some of us post our calories for each thing we eat. Some (like me) just post a total and WHAT I ate. Some just check in to say they were on/off plan and how they feel. WELCOME!

Ok.... it's REALLY blizzarding. Still. No signs of stopping. I tried to shovel the entrance ways to the mall but it's a losing battle. At least the customer entrances are sheltered enough they're not bad. Our back door is a lost cause. I finally went to try and move my jeep out of the back lot because it hadn't been plowed and that was where the wind was coming in. I managed to move the truck, but I now am wet up to my thighs. YUCK!

Thanks to this I couldn't go home for lunch, so that derailed my "measuring". But I went to the grocery store and got a salad and some cheese.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #83  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

welcome alyssa!! i try to post at least once a day about whatever is going on with me and how my eating/exercising has been

the scale went back down to 181 this morning despite eating far too many calories for far too long...what's up with that?? it's right after TOM which is when i'm at my lowest...and 181 is where i've been averaging for awhile now...

is wheat sensitivity or gluten sensitivity hereditary? ...my mom was diagnosed last year as "gluten sensitive" at the age of 72...i KNOW that i feel better when i don't eat alot of wheat although i'm not vigilant enough to cut gluten etc entirely out of my diet...but when i stay away from bread products (toast, noodles, even whole grain spaghetti, cake etc) that I have much more control over my eating...and it's not a general carb issue either because i can eat fruit etc and my daily carbs are average like usual and i STILL feel better and more mentally in control of what i put in my mouth when i stay away from wheat...

worked out this morning...running intervals on incline hills on the treadmill...SO NICE that it's sunny and warm out, it's probably 40 right now...almost time to break out my sandals!!

Last edited by alaskanlaughter; 03-04-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #84  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! I'm getting worse about coming on this thread! I have been so busy with school and everything, plus my daughter came over for a visit on saturday and we went to a Mexican restaurant that sits at the opening of the equestrian center and had lunch AND margies! NOT a good day to be accountable!

Diana, most of the hotels on the strip in Vegas are awesome . I'm not sure where we are staying yet as the owner of the company hasn't said, but he got rooms at the Hard Rock this last trip for my husband and for himself. Hard Rock is off strip...but just. It's really nice, though! Hubby and I prefer to stay on the strip...the atmosphere is just different and more exciting! I have to say that so far of all the places we've stayed, as far as the suites go I like Palazzo the best (it's a sister property of Venetian, it's actually attached) but as far as being fun TI and Mirage are great! We seem to do the best gambling at MGM properties like Luxor, Monte Carlo, Mirage, and MGM Grand. I'm very excited to stay at Aria in July...it's brand new and everything is controlled by touch. Drapes, music, lighting, heat/air...and when you first walk in your room when you check in, the drapes open and music and lighting go on! I got a super amazing deal on our room for our anniversary
I found a promotion with 2 free buffets, free upgrade to strip view, and the nightly rate is less than what it was when I first booked. Right now if I booked the same room it would cost $199 the first night and $239 for the second night, and I got a rate of $105 for each night with the promo I found a couple months back. I'm sorry about all the rambling! I could go on forever about Vegas...

Today I had a very small amount of fiber cereal and soy milk, a Chobani bite yogurt, a bowl of my homemade chili, and I'm going to have an orange. Cardio tonight, and I'm making pork chops, jasmine rice, and salad. No wine tonight. I'm going to cut the wine for the week and see if some more pounds come off...
Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Pinkflakes I hope you are feeling better. Good job on the pound, though.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you were able to have a relaxing day, yesterday. Maybe the wheat/gluten is a real problem for you. Try experimenting with not eating it for a week.

HungryHungryHippo Alcohol makes me a eating machine. I try to avoid it as much as possible now.

Mamakat I'm sure you will start losing again soon. You've made several changes recently. You have the light box and you are doing more exercise. It will all get regulated soon. Are you still feeling better since getting the light box?

Misti I hope your day went well. Is your Dr. appointment on Wednesday?

Katydid Good job on the pound!

Ona So much of weight loss is mental. Even more so when you are working on maintenance. Keep up the great work. How is your Mom doing?

Novangel Good job on the pound, too! I hope your shoes make it tomorrow.

WHY IS IT WHEN EVERYONE HERE GET'S STRESSED YOU LOSE WEIGHT? I GET STRESSED AND I BLOW UP LIKE A TOAD FROG WITH FREAKY LIPS! IT IS SO UNFAIR!

Radiojane Did you make it back home in the bad weather. Please stay safe. Do you work at the mall office? I have done many a mall walk in my life. I don't recall you mentioning, how was your interview last week? Did your chin heal?

Alyssa Hi and Welcome to the check-in! You can use the forum how you like. I post all my foods/calories/workout/thoughts. I don't use any other application to keep up with things so I do everything right here.

Rasagolla Keep working your plan and trying. Maintaining is better than gaining.

AKA Good luck with your midterms.

Syckgirlsfv Definitely not rambling. I appreciate the info about Las Vegas. We want to go there one year, soon. It sounds like it best to stay on the strip. I want to stay at the place that has the best food since we don't know the area. I want the hotel, food, service to be good. We can always look around the other hotels, but I want our hotel/food to be very good since it will be our one big trip for that year. Is there a reliable site with info about all the hotels on the strip and maybe reviews, etc.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-04-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1520 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Shared salad 150 calories
grilled chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
JM 30 DS Day 6 Level 1 w/#5's
Turbo Kick (Sport)
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #87  
Proud Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Pinkflakes I hope you are feeling better. Good job on the pound, though.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you were able to have a relaxing day, yesterday. Maybe the wheat/gluten is a real problem for you. Try experimenting with not eating it for a week.

HungryHungryHippo Alcohol makes me a eating machine. I try to avoid it as much as possible now.

Mamakat I'm sure you will start losing again soon. You've made several changes recently. You have the light box and you are doing more exercise. It will all get regulated soon. Are you still feeling better since getting the light box?

Misti I hope your day went well. Is your Dr. appointment on Wednesday?

Katydid Good job on the pound!

Ona So much of weight loss is mental. Even more so when you are working on maintenance. Keep up the great work. How is your Mom doing?

Novangel Good job on the pound, too! I hope your shoes make it tomorrow.

WHY IS IT WHEN EVERYONE HERE GET'S STRESSED YOU LOSE WEIGHT? I GET STRESSED AND I BLOW UP LIKE A TOAD FROG WITH FREAKY LIPS! IT IS SO UNFAIR!

Radiojane Did you make it back home in the bad weather. Please stay safe. Do you work at the mall office? I have done many a mall walk in my life. I don't recall you mentioning, how was your interview last week? Did your chin heal?

Alyssa Hi and Welcome to the check-in! You can use the forum how you like. I post all my foods/calories/workout/thoughts. I don't use any other application to keep up with things so I do everything right here.

Rasagolla Keep working your plan and trying. Maintaining is better than gaining.

AKA Good luck with your midterms.

Syckgirlsfv Definitely not rambling. I appreciate the info about Las Vegas. We want to go there one year, soon. It sounds like it best to stay on the strip. I want to stay at the place that has the best food since we don't know the area. I want the hotel, food, service to be good. We can always look around the other hotels, but I want our hotel/food to be very good since it will be our one big trip for that year. Is there a reliable site with info about all the hotels on the strip and maybe reviews, etc.
thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #88  
Proud Mom

todays calories: 884

no exercise
Old 03-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

thanks for the hellos everyone ^^ well here goes, first end-of-day calorie count on a new site :3

3/4/13 WEIGHED IN AT 186.5
coffee: 76
1/2 egg over easy: 50
1/2 slice double protein bread: 50
1 slice low sodium bacon: 45
1 apple: 74
5 crab rolls: 195
5 chocolate covered strawberries: 125
1 can tuna in water: 100
1 tbsp olive oil mayo: 60
1 small cucumber: 45
2 blow pops: 120
5 dark chocolate kisses: 128
2 slices bacon: 90
1 lettuce leaf: 2
1 tbsp olive oil mayo: 60
2 slices tomato: 7
1/4 cup dried fruits and nuts: 160
1 cup apple juice: 110
total: 1497
notes: found out my 2-mile bike rides are actually 4 miles. very cool that i can handle more than i thought i could.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #90  
Warrior Princess

Diana, I have always been this way. High stress (not everyday stress) makes me lose weight fast.

I only made it at the gym 20 minutes because I am having horrible intestinal pain after eating hard-boiled eggs. 2 points for effort I guess.

Be back tomorrow.
Closed Thread